Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Ruben Amaro's Contract Not Extended (Fired)

Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 14m14 minutes ago
    The Phillies announce the contract of Ruben Amaro was not extended. I.e., he was fired from the GM job.
    Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 16m16 minutes ago
    Scott Proefrock named #Phillies interim GM, effectively immediately.
    Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 16m16 minutes ago
    #Phillies will begin search for permanent GM immediately. Both MacPhail and partner John Middleton quoted in press release.

The Phillies released this statement:

The Phillies announced today that the club has elected not to extend the contract of Senior Vice President & General Manager Ruben Amaro Jr. The team has named Assistant General Manager Scott Proefrock as Interim General Manager, effective immediately.

Amaro, 50, was named to his current position in November 2008, after serving as assistant GM for 10 years. Amaro became part of the Phillies organization as a batboy from 1980-83. As a Major League player, he spent five of his final seven big league seasons (1992-93, 1996-98) as an outfielder for the team.

"It's never an easy decision to make a change," said Andy MacPhail, Phillies incoming president. "Ruben has had a direct impact on some of the best years in the team's history. He helped to create some great memories for Phillies fans with his accomplishments, but in order to return to a top-contending club, we believe this is the right thing to do as we continue the rebuilding process."

"The Phillies ownership fully supports Andy's decision not to extend Ruben Amaro's contract," said Partner John Middleton. "As a group, we have tremendous respect for Ruben, who has been a significant contributor to this organization. This decision is about taking the club in a new direction and that will be facilitated by new leadership."

The team will immediately begin a search for Amaro's permanent replacement.
    And there was much rejoicing!
    Last edited by koldjerky; 09-10-2015 at 12:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Get somebody competent in there (whether it's a new guy or MacPhail as de facto GM), make a few intelligent short-term FA investments, keep the farm system trending up...and we might just be not ****** in a couple years!

Sports fans check out my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX7...ONEiygcjbfyUHQ for nfl and sports videos

'Bout damn time....

I hope Mackanin gets some consideration to run this team next year. He hasn't done a bad job with the players. After the All-Star break (for awhile anyways) they were interesting to watch....they've just reverted back to plain unbearable to watch....David Buchanan should never be brought in to pitch again (I'd rather see Francouer in there as a spot starter)....Ruben finally did his job after 5 years of nothing. He wanted pitching for so long that he cheated the offense on this team. Now there's NOTHING on this team. Nola, Giles, and Franco are the building blocks....go from there.....get a GM that understands baseball has to have a focus on both offense and defense....
    Who will have a better draft? Sixers, Eagles, Flyers, or Phillies?

Nice

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Ruben Amaro's Contract Not Extended (Fired)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

He got a job with Boston, as the first base coach from reports.
    What a clown!