Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950
    Your only real opportunity to upgrade the lineup is in the outfield. Dexter Fowler maybe? Jose Bautista, Josh Reddick, Yoenis Cespedes, Carlos Gomez, Ian Desmond are the other meaningful names. Personally, I'm only interested in super utility types. Preferably S-Rod. I'd roll the dice on Eric Thames too on a cheapie deal (KBO star).
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

The Phillies will pick eighth in the 2017 draft. It's a protected pick. Jeremy Hellickson's decision on a QO may help determine if the club pursues any other QO players. If they're getting a pick back for Hellickson, then there's more incentive to hang onto the bonus pool money. Eight overall is sometimes a spot where a 1-1 quality pick is still available (i.e. Jason Groome went 12th this year). In most circumstances, excess cash is needed to complete a deal. Even if they grab a guy at slot in the 1st round, more available cash can only help with other signings.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

This draft is going to be a fairly deep one, right? I haven't looked that much into it but I remember some scouts talking about it after a lackluster 2016 draft class.

I think so. Most of the chatter is usually just talk. Either there are a couple easily recognizable superstars like Bryce Harper or there aren't. The overall quality of the draft is usually pretty consistent regardless of what people are saying beforehand. It's just sometimes the scouts have an easier job agreeing on who is the best.

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950