Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    It would also be really nice if these unexpected teams keep playing at a high level (Twins/Astros/Rangers). Not sure if any of those teams would be interested or if Hamels would want to go to one of those teams but it certainly wouldn't hurt in terms of bargaining power.

EDIT - forgot the Rangers are on Hamels trade list, so no issue there.
    Not sure what we could even get from the Twins. I'd want Sanu, but that's highly unlikely. Beyond that? Berrios is the only one that really tickles my interest and I'm not even sure they would be willing to move him.

Houston? Don't really want Appel or Santana. 2 of Singleton, Phillips, Moran, and Reed would be nice.

Texas? Figure Gallo. Alfaro, and Chi Chi are off the board. Something around Mazara+another one of their OF or IF prospects in the lower levels would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Not sure what we could even get from the Twins. I'd want Sanu, but that's highly unlikely. Beyond that? Berrios is the only one that really tickles my interest and I'm not even sure they would be willing to move him.

Houston? Don't really want Appel or Santana. 2 of Singleton, Phillips, Moran, and Reed would be nice.

Texas? Figure Gallo. Alfaro, and Chi Chi are off the board. Something around Mazara+another one of their OF or IF prospects in the lower levels would be nice.
    The Twins are the biggest long shot out of that group. To be honest, I'm not even sure if Hamels would want to go there and if they will stay in the race. I'd love Sanu in a package, but like you said it's highly unlikely.

Houston has a ton of guys that I could live with. Their farm reminds me a little of Boston's in that they have a good amount of B+/B level prospects that should turn into quality players. Get 2-3 out of that mix and your setting yourself up nicely.

Mazara would be the centerpiece of any Texas deal most likely and I wouldn't be upset with that.

There are a couple of other teams in mind but not sure if the farm systems would match up.

I'd honestly be happy with getting a package from any of Houston, Chicago (Cubs), Boston, LAD, and Texas. Those seem like teams that would want Hamels as well so it's not like I'm just pulling teams I want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I much prefer Boston's prospects, but if they could manage to get a package of 3 quality position prospects from Houston I wouldn't be all that upset. Definitely prefer their position player prospects to pitching, but there is enough there to find something workable.

Boston really should be the focus though. Something around Margot or Devers should be the goal and if they can find a way to get both...jackpot. Would have loved Eduardo Rodriguez before the start of the season as well, but no way they consider moving him now.

Kyle Schwarber would be a nice pipe dream from the Cubs, but with the start he has had to his career he may be the most untradeable prospect in baseball.

Who looks good in th draft?

Hope we get a college guy instead of a high school dumb *** kid.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    Who looks good in th draft?

Hope we get a college guy instead of a high school dumb *** kid.
    I don't really care whether we take all hs or all college kids. I am only really worried about them reaching for college kids with limited ceilings hoping for a quick turnaround or reaching for positions of need. Take the best prospects period and let the rest work itself out.

^^Yup, just get the best possible player no matter HS or college. This team can't afford to reach for any position or any age due to their farm system. I haven't read too much on this draft though, isn't it a fairly weak one and next years is much stronger?

Also, this is the most action this forum has seen in years .

Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    ^^Yup, just get the best possible player no matter HS or college. This team can't afford to reach for any position or any age due to their farm system. I haven't read too much on this draft though, isn't it a fairly weak one and next years is much stronger?

Also, this is the most action this forum has seen in years .
    It's not that bad. I haven't dove to deep into the draft, but it seems to be pretty good draft for middle infielders early which some interest pitchers and corner outfielders sprinkled in. Kyle Tucker probably looks like the most interesting guy that figures to go around the Phillies range from what I can gather.

Randolph it is.

Idk ive read that he is a bit of a reach and is not supposed to stay at SS.

Maybe he could play 2b or 3b, Im pretty happy with Franco.

- I love Ray Lewis.

Also, he seems to have a great bat and advanced pitch recognition. For a HS kid, let's wait for A-team' s take on the kid.

- I love Ray Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    Also, he seems to have a great bat and advanced pitch recognition. For a HS kid, let's wait for A-team' s take on the kid.
    He won't stay at SS. Definitely will have to move to corner if or corner of, but if his arm and bat are as good as advertised that shouldn't be a problem.

Rather see him in the OF TBH1

- I love Ray Lewis.

I'm seeing some negative reviews online for the Randolph pick. Was this a reach? I'm hearing he can hit but doesn't really have a position yet. What does everybody know about this kid?

Quote Originally Posted by MShark View Post
    I'm seeing some negative reviews online for the Randolph pick. Was this a reach? I'm hearing he can hit but doesn't really have a position yet. What does everybody know about this kid?
    Who cares about his position. I don't know if some of you guys realize this, but the Phillies kinda don'thave any prospects that can actually hit lol! From all I've been able to gather is he has one of the purest strokes in this year's draft which would be nice for a change to draft a prospect that makes great contact. And he will start out at LF FYI.

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast