Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    I think the Dodgers should be a little worried about the future of their staff, especially with the way Greinke has been throwing. As long as he stays healthy there is no way he exercises his player option.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    They won't.
    They wouldn't give up Urias if we paid all of Hamel's contract and gave them Crawford?

Everyone knew it was more likely than not that Greinke was going to opt out following the 2015 season last offseason. A lot of people said they were hot after Hamels for that reason and still didn't offer Urias in the deal (I'm assuming RAJ would have accepted any deal involving him). The only way I see Urias involved is if Kershaw has a major injury. Even if that happens the Dodgers might just have this season as a throw away and retool next off season with a ton of great arms on the market. A trade with the Dodgers could happen but I just don't see it involving Urias right now. As for the statement of the Dodgers wouldn't accept Hamels, picking up his whole contract, and Crawford for Urias is absolutely insane. Crawford is a top 20 prospects basically everywhere (top 10 in some places) so it's not a major downgrade in talent level. Plus you are getting an elite pitcher for no money, that would be an absolute no brainer for the Dodgers. Not that it would ever happen.

I assume he was being overly dramatic when he said they wouldn't take that deal, but I wasn't 100% sure. No way the Dodgers throw a season away since they're currently in first place and can throw their money around. That is an aggressive FO with money to burn. Remember, Kershaw didn't play well in the postseason......Cole won a WS MVP. Greinke will likely opt out and 2/3 of the league could use him. There are several concerns over their pitching staff. Not glaring concerns, but for a team that wants to win badly they might deal.

The Dodgers want to win now, and they are in the position to win now. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they went after Hamels, and maybe even Galvis seeing that their current SS (guess who) is hitting .211.

Hi

RAJ sucks

That's all.

Classic lol. Could you imagine if raj trades hamels to Houston for a package of appel, singleton, and Domingo Santana lol. Could happen.
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Quote Originally Posted by philsphan123 View Post
    Classic lol. Could you imagine if raj trades hamels to Houston for a package of appel, singleton, and Domingo Santana lol. Could happen.
    Honestly, that has crossed my mind. Anyone see what Morgan Ensberg said? Funny stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by philsphan123 View Post
    Bleh. I think we should make arrangements now to kidnap his *** now to avoid such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandrew View Post
    They wouldn't give up Urias if we paid all of Hamel's contract and gave them Crawford?
    Maybe if they paid all of his salary, but they severely overrate Urias. Not that Urias isn't a great prospect, but he is far from the consensus top pitching prospect in baseball let alone a phenom. Personally, I wouldn't trade Crawford for Urias 1-1 from our end, but I'm probably the only person in the world that thinks that.

No, many prospect analysts prefer Crawford to Urias. Basically anyone who believes in TINSTAAPP which includes plenty of scouts. They're comparable quality prospects after all.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

Despite his OBP, I love Franco😀

Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    No, many prospect analysts prefer Crawford to Urias. Basically anyone who believes in TINSTAAPP which includes plenty of scouts. They're comparable quality prospects after all.

More or less. Perhaps a bit of hyperbole on my part lol!

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    More or less. Perhaps a bit of hyperbole on my part lol!
    That's what I was hoping, but wasn't completely sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandrew View Post
    That's what I was hoping, but wasn't completely sure.
    Point remains that the Dodgers will not move Urias under any remotely reasonable scenario. I'd much prefer to get Seager from them anyway's and always have, but same thing they aren't moving him.

Best hope right now would be something centered around Margot or Devers from the Red Sox. Preferably it would be nice if the Phillies could manage a way to get both, but that seems unlikely as well.

It would also be really nice if these unexpected teams keep playing at a high level (Twins/Astros/Rangers). Not sure if any of those teams would be interested or if Hamels would want to go to one of those teams but it certainly wouldn't hurt in terms of bargaining power.

EDIT - forgot the Rangers are on Hamels trade list, so no issue there.
    Last edited by Burkey3472; 06-08-2015 at 09:58 AM.

Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast