Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Eflin has low strikeout rates and Quinn is leaning on a .451 BABIP. Don't get too excited about either of them.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

Thanks for letting out the steam brad. Lol. I'm just glad we have prospects doing something for once. Lively, Nola, and some others are looking decent. Is biddle now a non prospect at this point?
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

I think he started the season very well, so I'm hopeful.

Thnks for the input AT.

This is Biddle's line as of right now:

3 0 3.38 4 4 0 0 21.1 17 9 8 0 7 19 2.95 8.02 1.13 1.29

I like his Ks per 9 at 8.02, AT is right about Eflin K/9 is 4. something.
    Last edited by papirico52; 04-30-2015 at 10:25 AM.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Biddle is still a prospect, although his recent health history is worrisome. I wouldn't call him a blue chipper, but he could become something.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    I disagree re: Buchanan. He looked much sharper in the spring. He'll be a better version of Kyle Kendrick.
    A Team you actually posted the above responding to my post that Buchanan is not a major league pitcher. You compared Buchanan to KK; at least KK was a serviceable # 5 or long man, spot starter. Buchanan has pitched his way back to the minors

Maybe it's just a speed bump.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

There is no doubt Buchanan has been brutal so far this season but don't throw dirt on him just yet. He's still fairly young (25) and last year in a bigger sample size he produced at a number 4-5 starters rate. If he is able to regain his command he still has the capability of being a number 5 starter in this league.

The Buchanan who traveled north with the club was not the same pitcher from the spring or last season. If I had any reason to believe he would walk more than say 3.30 BB/9, then I might have agreed with you then. Not all things are foreseeable.

I still maintain you were wrong based on the available information at that time. Now we know there's another layer to the onion that wasn't evident back then.

Does the Nyx signing mean there will be another move? Utley to the DL?

Its reported that Hamels wont waive his no trade to go to Toronto. Cant say I blame him.

Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    Its reported that Hamels wont waive his no trade to go to Toronto. Cant say I blame him.
    There are other options... i really like the jays prospects... 3 team trade or something.

Coil

Coil was slinging today!!

Does Sandberg make it past the All Star Break

Yes, he has a bad team not expected to win and forgetting the foolish moves he has made, Sandberg is a no personality drone. The players aren't having fun and appear to be playing scared. This is no way to develop what will become a younger team. Looks like they are afraid to make a mistake. The older guys are being paid well and will move on. Handling of the bull pen is atrocious, he will wear out the young arms and will kill their confidence. A novice would have walked Harper and taken a better chance with the righty against Zimmerman. By the way, Asche is nothing more than Greg Dobbs.
    Summary, since the team is so bad Sandberg lasts till the end of the year.

If they are planning on letting go of RAJ at the end of the year my guess is a new GM will want to name a manager of his own. If they don't let go of RAJ I could easily see Sandberg back for another year.

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast