Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Official Roster Moves and Trades Thread 2015-2016

Reuben already in conversations...gonna be a long season
    Last edited by papirico52; 06-28-2016 at 12:57 PM.
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Was there in 1980 when the dogs and horses circled the field so I am a fan. The manager is an emotionless blob who doesn't inspire but you can't blame this on him. Of the several who are not or no longer big leaguers Sizemore and Buchanon have to go. If you watched the last two Met games Sizemore is a mess in the field and he has that nice pop up to left swing perfected. Buchanon just doesn't have the stuff to pitch in the Bigs, besides I don't think he was intentionally throwing at batters but he is going to get his own players hurt, check with Utley.

I disagree re: Buchanan. He looked much sharper in the spring. He'll be a better version of Kyle Kendrick.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

What can we get for "Adam" Harang?

I read that our intent might be to trade him before the deadline.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Something like Jesmuel Valentin and Victor Arano. And then you hope the prospects you chose can avoid any complaints of domestic violence.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Between Wainwright most likely out for the year and the dumpster fire that is the Red Sox rotation - Ruben might have some leverage in the Hamels sweepstakes.

If the Angels can trade a player with a massive contract, who is injured and recently relapsed with drugs/alcohol surely we can find a way to unload Ryan Howard, right ?
    Phillies/Eagles/Flyers/Sixers/Union/Arsenal

Josh Hamilton is still better than Howard, so it was a little easier to deal him (plus they ate most of his contract and got nothing major in return). At this point you have to hope Howard can get hot for 1-2 months towards the deadline or an injury happens to deal him. Even if that was the case you are still going to pick up most of his salary and receive a low level prospect in return.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyphan4 View Post
    If the Angels can trade a player with a massive contract, who is injured and recently relapsed with drugs/alcohol surely we can find a way to unload Ryan Howard, right ?
    The situations would have been comparable if the Phillies tried to trade Howard two years ago. Now, scouts are saying he's not a major league player, so there's no way to move him.

The best the Phils can hope for is about $2MM in salary relief per season and an org soldier of some kind. If they're lucky, they can grab a 30-year-old Quad-A type who might just need an opportunity.

Dom Brown might return soon, the thing is that he is struggling in the minors. ugh

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

They optioned him to Lehigh Valley, so we don't see him until an injury occurs or he starts hitting a little better. Hopefully he can find a little of what he was for those few months back in 2013 but I'm not too hopeful.

Sandberg considers moving Asche to LF, mayhaps he'll bring Franco up

Also looking at our specs, it looks like Eflin might be something good, and Quinn is rising from the dead like thriller.

Well Franco isn't getting called up until after May 15th because the Phillies would gain another year of control with him. If he keeps playing well in AAA, I expect him to be up by the end of May though.

Franco is somebody whose results matter a lot less than the scouting report. They'll be careful promoting him. He's not a big enough prospect to drive ticket sales, so it could even benefit the org to let him mash in Triple-A for awhile.

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast