Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2015 Rockies Game Thread

A new season has begun. Hopefully it'll be much more promising than the last few.

Hell of a start by the way.

A sweep on the road? Sure, that sounds nice. Only 18 more road wins to tie last season.

The quest for 162-0 is over. Tough pill to swallow, but just need to focus on 161-1 now

Sucks to lose...but quite impressed with the start. Walt is gonna be on thin ice all year, so let's make it easy for everyone and just keep winning.
    Time for some hootenanny.

With it being their home opener/banner being raised, I thought it was going to be a disaster, especially after Hawkins' blown save. Hopefully they just keep going.

The pitching has been impressive to say the least.

That Arenado catch was unreal.

Vanderbiltís Carson Fulmer, 7-1, leads the watch list in strikeouts with 90 in 64 innings,
    Carson Fulmer is my favorite pick for us so far. Brandy Aiken wouldnt be bad either, Cant wait til the draft.
    Last edited by Denver-boy; 04-29-2015 at 01:38 AM.

-PSD's Offseason Chargers GM-

Quote Originally Posted by Denver-boy View Post
    Carson Fulmer is my favorite pick for us so far. Brandy Aiken wouldnt be bad either, Cant wait til the draft.
    Aiken had TJ surgery. Dillon Tate is mine. Not that Fulmer is not a bad pick, his concern is a lot greater.

Fulmer pretty much has only 2 pitches. A fastball and a curve. Curve balls don't break as much at high altitude. So by that, he may not be a good Coors Field pitcher. His delivery is erratic. So much movement I am worried he is more susceptible to injury. He is small too. With his quirky movements and small frame I wonder how durable he can be. He has to develop a better change cause its not very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    Aiken had TJ surgery. Dillon Tate is mine. Not that Fulmer is not a bad pick, his concern is a lot greater.

Fulmer pretty much has only 2 pitches. A fastball and a curve. Curve balls don't break as much at high altitude. So by that, he may not be a good Coors Field pitcher. His delivery is erratic. So much movement I am worried he is more susceptible to injury. He is small too. With his quirky movements and small frame I wonder how durable he can be. He has to develop a better change cause its not very effective.
    Wow yeah Tate is great pick, I wouldn't be upset with him. Too bad Aiken had surgery, I was pretty excited about him.

Alot mocks have us taking Dansby Swanson, SS. If Tulo gets traded, which is speculated. dont be surprised if we take him. or Alex Bregman, SS. another high rated SS, both close in talent.

Melvin Rodriguez JSU intrigues me as a 2nd rounder. He has high batting average ( i think hes #1 or 2 in the nation), with top 5 in run bats in. I was bit disappointed with not alot HR, but hes was best overall talent I seen.
    Last edited by Denver-boy; 05-13-2015 at 12:44 PM.

Looks like we will be taking Tyler Jay from Illinois. Pretty much unhittable. Closer for the future. Rockies seem to be really high on him.

We took Brendan Rodgers and Mike Nikorak. Both considered the best high school position player and pitcher I the country. Really love it. Hopefully we sign them. Nikorak is a big 6-5 right hander that gets throwing 97. Lets see our next two picks..

Tyler Nevin was a lottery pick. 3rd baseman with high power potential. I see him as a first baseman or corner outfielder especially with Nolan here. His dad was a power hitter as well.

Peter Lambert. Love this pick. Reading he is considered a Zack Greinke type mold. Excellent athlete. I guess a U18 national star. 102 k/14 walks over 69 innings allowing just 39 hits.

All High school players. MLB Network is raving about Colorado's draft. Houstons is still considered the best I think...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast