Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Mike Francessca is friends with Melo. He also hated the Didi trade.
    I heard him the other day saying it was a bad trade but his reasons are strange. He said that Greene looks more delicious. Whatever that means
    I would imagine he takes Shane Greene baths, like Oak and JD.

A lot of people were mad at the Yanks for making this trade

It worked out very well in the end
    Lets go Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Metfreek4life View Post

I think most people were pretty happy with it. We dealt a #5 starter for an everyday SS. Granted, most thought Didi would be a defense first, light hitting type and not the #3-4 hitter he has become.

Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    I think most people were pretty happy with it. We dealt a #5 starter for an everyday SS. Granted, most thought Didi would be a defense first, light hitting type and not the #3-4 hitter he has become.
    I didn't think he could play everyday because his L-R splits were pretty bad. But left handed hitter is the heavy side of a platoon so I always liked the move.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I' not saying it the stats are! Attendance, TV viewers, merchandizing ect. Hockey lags all others in the Metro area. Far from BS. Rangers are the most popular of NY hockey teams as I said. They have a rabid and loyal fan base. Imo the market can not support three teams. In other sports no problem, hockey....big problem. Islanders are in a continuous battle with the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, they are trying to get out of their 25 year lease and relocate, presumably back to Long Island. NJ Devils play at a new arena in Newark, The Prudential Center. They are struggling with attendance, season tickets go unsold. Since 2012 they have seen a steady decline in attendance. With three Stanley Cups, five Conference Championships and ongoing rivalries with the Rangers, their attendance is underwhelming

Living so close to Canada I can understand your fascination with hockey, unfortunately the average NYC Metro fan doesn't share your passion.
    You using the wrong stats... just like the pollsters did in the last election.. NY is a big place.. 5th place in NY is still getting better ratings than 1st in many other places. Most cities could not even have a 3rd place... Heck.. in buffalo, you have Hockey and Football.. NBA left decades ago.. MLB went to denver instead... the AAA bisons do well.. but still, that's AAA... NY's 5th place sport still gets more fans than Buffalo's #1 (Football..Bills... NY States only team)...

How many top level pro teams are in the NY metro area? 2 NFL, 3 NHL, ~2NBA (I don't do NBA so I don't know... just know aobut the Knicks and Brooklyn), 2 MLB.. Most cities could not support 1/3rd of that list yet NY does them all pretty well.. Yeah, the Isles suck.. that's ownership not fan support.. NJ has not been great lately either.. but only a few years ago.. They were one of the top dogs.. it's perspective... Heck.. Denver has only 4 top level teams.. and NYC has more people than the State of Colorado... again.. you're looking at the stats and not seeing the truth.. 5th place sport in NYC is still more popular than most cities #1 and/or #2's... So stop seeing the forest and forgetting that it has trees.. Yes, NY IS hockey town.. They've had the Rangers since the Dawn of the NHL.. The Isles for longer than I've been breathing and the Devils since the 80's (I like the Rockies.. Loved the uni's)... Just because Francesca says the stats don't show it does not mean squat... the stats are what you make of them... like a professor of mine said years ago.. a good accountant can make a 2 million dollar profit look like a 3 million dollar loss just by moving things around... well, Stats are what you want them to be... some are hard stats... like AB's, Hits...etc.. but some are not.. like the advanced metrics.. well... 5th best sport in NY is still getting enough support for 3 teams... sounds like they support the sport to me... stop trying to use stats that have nothing to do with the question... my hittng stats have nothing to do with my defense... in this case, the popularity of the sport in NY relative to other sports IS NOT RELELANT.. test that popularity of that sport to other cities... that's what's relevant.. and I'll bet you'll find... NYC supports hockey better than most other NHL cities (NOT IN CANADA...Even the NFL numbers down here pale in comparison to how the NHL is viewed up there)
    My 3 Favorite teams...
    1. The NY Yankees
    2. The Colorado Rockies
    3. Whoever is playing the Red Sox tonight!

Point taken. Please save the lecture on statistical analysis for someone else. I am well versed in academic stats.

So 5th place in NYC is good enough, because relatively speaking, the sheer volume of the NY Metro population places that number well outside the parameters for most markets? Correct read?

I would argue otherwise. Relatively speaking, being in 5th place in this market relegates you to also ran status. Yes the Rangers have a vociferous following, the other two are barely hanging on. I like hockey, I wish it was otherwise. I used to occasionally attend games of the Devil's minor league affiliate in Glens Falls NY, the place was packed, I'm guessing a 5-6K seating. I've been to Devils games at the Prudential and they would be lucky to have 5K! It was even worse at times at the Byrne, Izod Center or whatever they called that place in the Meadowlands. Rangers at the Garden very different story. Always packed. Impossible to get season tickets. NYC is a Ranger town, but hockey town.....

So the question remains. Given their status as the 5th place sport in NYC Metro is NYC a "hockey town" regardless of the relative fan base as compared to others in US. Imo it clearly is not. And I could not give a shyte what Fat Azz Francesa says or thinks.
    Last edited by drt1010; 10-19-2017 at 02:23 PM.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Point taken. Please save the lecture on statistical analysis for someone else. I am well versed in academic stats.

So 5th place in NYC is good enough, because relatively speaking, the sheer volume of the NY Metro population places that number well outside the parameters for most markets? Correct read?

I would argue otherwise. Relatively speaking, being in 5th place in this market relegates you to also ran status. Yes the Rangers have a vociferous following, the other two are barely hanging on. I like hockey, I wish it was otherwise. I used to occasionally attend games of the Devil's minor league affiliate in Glens Falls NY, the place was packed, I'm guessing a 5-6K seating. I've been to Devils games at the Prudential and they would be lucky to have 5K! It was even worse at times at the Byrne, Izod Center or whatever they called that place in the Meadowlands. Rangers at the Garden very different story. Always packed. Impossible to get season tickets. NYC is a Ranger town, but hockey town.....

So the question remains. Given their status as the 5th place sport in NYC Metro is NYC a "hockey town" regardless of the relative fan base as compared to others in US. Imo it clearly is not. And I could not give a shyte what Fat Azz Francesa says or thinks.
    The devils used to draw well when Brodeur was the goalie and they were in the mix every year.. The Isles back in the 80's were the team of NY too... Winning makes a difference.. and the Isles ownership has been like that guy down in Miami who owned the Marlins..

Still, even with JUST the Rangers.. it's more support than all other US cities can boast.. again.. careful lookiing at the rest... NY may not fully support the other 2... but realistically.. How many cities have 3 NHL teams? LA is the closest and they only have 2 (well, Anaheim and LA are so close.. then again.. the Devils are also outside of NY too)..

Again.. You're looking for total support... in this case.. full support of even 1 team is all that's needed to qualify... so the lackluster support for those other two is just bonus... (and the cause is in their play... when they win, the fans show up)
    My 3 Favorite teams...
    1. The NY Yankees
    2. The Colorado Rockies
    3. Whoever is playing the Red Sox tonight!

I did not know that Didi was a figure skater with a stick.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post

See that you learn something new every day!

Did u know Didi's birth name is Mariekson Julius ?

His fav dish is Hollandse nieuwe haring, raw herring typically served with chopped onions.

Did you know his mother and father played pro ball?
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Didi will sign with the Pens. 3 in a row coming!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Metfreek4life View Post

Melo, is that you?

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post

He looks so good in that little skirt

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Costanza View Post
    I would imagine he takes Shane Greene baths, like Oak and JD.
    The three of them in a tub to gather with Greene standing over them ready to
    Oh wait, that's a type of shower.

Still the image of Francessca, Oak and JD in a tube to gather is quite amusing. Well my image of Francessca and what I imagine Oak and JD to look like, is funny. Now for some reason I imagined them being grown men but only a foot tall and breast feeding on Francessca as he screams about how bad the trade was as he intermittently drinks his own bathwater with a crazy straw.

Wait, am I dreaming all of this. No? Good.

Why Yankees believed Didi Gregorius had big-game DNA
    By Dan Martin October 20, 2017 | 4:49am

So it was genetics that led them to favor Didi over Green. Racists

http://nypost.com/2017/10/20/why-yan..._share=twitter

Quote Originally Posted by OscarMartinez View Post
    all i know is that when didi started i thought that this kid was no jeter and he was just playing poorly. but didi keeps shaping up and stepping up. he has become a clutch player and has always been great defensively. still no jeter and will never be a jeter. but he is making quite a name for himself
    Um this thread is about Shane Greene.

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051