Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mamba42 View Post
    Where do you guys think he will land?
    Can't stop laughing.

Maybe Tenn?

Only took Lurie 3 seasons to pull the trigger on a 26-20 coach. Garrett will be .500 after next week after 5 full seasons. Jason just needs more time, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by notoriousbig21 View Post
    Can't stop laughing.

Maybe Tenn?
    I'd guess Tenn too. He makes more sense in college I think, but he does really want to coach Mariota.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Only took Lurie 3 seasons to pull the trigger on a 26-20 coach. Garrett will be .500 after next week after 5 full seasons. Jason just needs more time, correct?
    That's a good point. I hadn't really thought about it. I'm typically in favor of stability arguing a coach typically needs around 4 years to build the team he wants and install the systems and what not. JG doesn't seem to have a system, though. The only thing that has gotten much better with him here as the coach is our offensive line. Other than that, I can't really think of anything haha.

Calvin Johnson is planning to retire. That is nuts. Lions lose another star in their prime (a la Barry Sanders).

Smart move for him though. No reason to ruin the rest of his life taking hits.

Probably a top 5 WR all time in terms of talent, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by mamba42 View Post
    Calvin Johnson is planning to retire. That is nuts. Lions lose another star in their prime (a la Barry Sanders).

Smart move for him though. No reason to ruin the rest of his life taking hits.

Probably a top 5 WR all time in terms of talent, IMO
    Yep. Can't take anymore losing. Definitely would still be playing if he was on a contender.

Yep. Can't take anymore losing. Definitely would still be playing if he was on a contender.
    Yeah most likely. On a contender he wouldn't be getting 20 targets a game lol. That many targets equals a ton more hits than necessary. I wonder if there is a small negative correlation between targets and seasons played? I'm sure there are some control variables you could put into a model to understand it. Maybe it would be better to look at a correlation between targets and injuries, which would then likely result in fewer games/seasons.

Regardless, CJ will be missed. One of my favorite WRs breaking the mold of previous prima-donna receivers like Moss, T.O., Chad Johnson, etc.

Now Marshawn Lynch has announced his retirement too. Is Peyton next?

The Rams cut Laurinaitis, Cook, and Chris Long today.

I think Laurinaitis and Long could be both nice free agent acquisitions for us. We could for with Laurinaitus instead of McClain and then Long is a nice pass rusher (although he has battled some injuries that last two seasons). I'm a fan of both.

I'm shocked about Chris long but I guess it'd be too much money on that d line.

I'm shocked about Chris long but I guess it'd be too much money on that d line.
    Yeah, I guess that's true since they have Donald there too.

Calvin's another superstar talent that the Lions wasted. Barry Sanders and Calvin would have been even bigger beasts on a better franchise.

Is Lauranitis the same player though? The Rams seemed to have cut him because he's no longer an every down player.

Pro football focus rated lauranitis as like the third worst starter for an LB last year so take that for what it's worth but I'd rather develop our own young guys for much cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Calvin's another superstar talent that the Lions wasted. Barry Sanders and Calvin would have been even bigger beasts on a better franchise.

Is Lauranitis the same player though? The Rams seemed to have cut him because he's no longer an every down player.
    It's hard to imagine how good they would have been on better teams, especially Sanders. Though Johnson may have benefited a bit from being on a bad team with a decent QB because they threw the ball a ton.

Pro football focus rated lauranitis as like the third worst starter for an LB last year so take that for what it's worth but I'd rather develop our own young guys for much cheaper.
    Ugh, I didn't know that. I'd like to develop our guys too, but when McClain was out last year we didn't show a whole lot and we always have to be ready for Lee to go down. The more I think about these things the more I want to take Myles Jack.

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
    3/8/16, 9:03 PM
    The #Jaguars are signing RB Chris Ivory to a deal that's believed to be well above $6M per year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
    3/8/16, 9:03 PM
    The #Jaguars are signing RB Chris Ivory to a deal that's believed to be well above $6M per year.
    Interesting. That means they aren't sold on Yeldon for some reason. I thought he played really well.

WOW! I didn't see the contract amount. Crazy. Doug Martin maybe gets that, definitely not injury prone Ivory, IMO.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast