Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Yeah, no way 8 games happens. I could see 2. He has to get suspended for some period at least. If he doesn't get anything then what is to stop guys from changing the pressure of the balls to their liking? I like Brady, but dude needs a suspension here for sure. 2-3 games would be appropriate. 8 games would be overkill.

Wow, CBSSports is reporting a big suspension looming for Brady as well. Let's move this convo to the around the NFL thread though, it makes more sense to be in there.

Tom Brady's offseason might extend until 2016 if the NFL decides to drop the proverbial hammer on the Patriots quarterback and at least one report is indicating that the league could slam the hammer down hard.

According to the Miami Herald, Brady could be suspended for up to one year thanks to the part he played in Deflategate.

"Everything is being studied. Everything is being considered," an NFL source told the Herald.

Now, that doesn't mean that Brady will be suspended for the year, but it does mean that the NFL is at least considering it. Brady's punishment could end up being a shorter suspension, but the source told the Herald not to dismiss the possibility of a year-long suspension.

The Patriots quarterback, along with locker attendant Jim McNally and equipment assistant John Jastremski are the three people most likely to be disciplined, according to ESPN.com.

The 243-page Wells report found that Brady was "at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities of McNally and Jastremski involving the release of air from Patriots game balls."

The report also found that "McNally (the Officials Locker Room attendant for the Patriots) and John Jastremski (an equipment assistant for the Patriots) participated in a deliberate effort to release air from Patriots game balls after the balls were examined by the referee."

In the report, Wells also noted that Brady refused to turn over his cell phone and other personal information for investigative purposes.

Brady's refusal to help the investigation could end up being one of the big reasons he's hit with a potentially big suspension.

In the NFL's Policy on Integrity of the Game & Enforcement of Competitive Rules, the league notes that "Failure to cooperate in an investigation shall be considered conduct detrimental to the League and will subject the offending club and responsible individual(s) to appropriate discipline."

Brady's decision to not fully cooperate in the investigation was duly noted in the Wells report.

"Brady's refusal to provide us with his own emails, text messages and phone records on relevant topics, in response to our narrowly tailored requests, limited the evidence available for our review and analysis," the report said.

Whatever Brady's punishment ends up being, it will likely be handed down sometime in the near future.

In a statement after the Wells report was released on Wednesday, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said the league "will consider what steps to take in light of the report, both with respect to possible disciplinary action and to any changes in protocols that are necessary to avoid future incidents of this type."

According to ESPN, the NFL will respond to the Wells report in a matter of days, as opposed to a matter of weeks.

Source: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...up-to-one-year

The Miami Herald newspaper is saying that a year long suspension is not beyond the realm of possibility.

ALL we need is him to get four and he'll miss our game week 5lolololol

Quote Originally Posted by notoriousbig21 View Post
    ALL we need is him to get four and he'll miss our game week 5lolololol
    Yep then we can let Gregory and Lawrence feast on Jimmy Garoppolo (I don't know how to spell that)

Suspend him for 4 games. If so we don't face him.

Quote Originally Posted by astros1981 View Post
    Suspend him for 4 games. If so we don't face him.
    Yes yes yes yes yes yes!

There will be an appeal. Could be reduced

Looks like we've got our wish!!! Tom Brady has been suspended the first 4 games of the season. That means, as of now at least, he will miss Week 5 against the Cowboys.

Like Mariner4Life said, though, there will be an appeal. It could easily be wiped away given the lack of evidence. But to me, 4 games seems about right.

I also think 4 games is about right. I'd be mildly surprised if they lowered it

Yeah, I agree. Apparently they also lost their first round pick... Jeez. Message: Stop cheating Patriots.

I'm happy he's out against the Cowboys.

Does anyone here find it ironic that his first game back is against the Colts?

4 games is perfect. Lol

I could easily see this getting cut to two, but wow oh wow what a break this would be.

at least he's getting suspended. He's the nfl's golden boy so I thought he'd get a slap on the wrist. I also believe Sean Payton should be livid that bilicheat didn't get suspend. Sean got suspended the whole year when he said he didn't know about the bounty, why isn't bb getting ANYTHING?

titties

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast