Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I want your guys opinions as jays fans and fantasy managers. I have been offered Rendon and Hamels for Devon Travis and Jorge Soler. I love Travis but I have to take it right?

That's tough. The kids look terrific so far. Hamels decline isn't steep, playing in Philly will probably continue to have a negative effect on his win totals. Rendon is a wildcard. I'm not a big believer in him, but his peripherals suggest that he can repeat his fantastic 2014.

If you can wait until Rendon is closer to coming back, I would try and do that. Even if it's a week or 10 days, it will give you some more at bats to evaluate Travis.

If it's a keeper league, I would keep Soler and Travis. If it's a one year league, you pretty much have to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    That's tough. The kids look terrific so far. Hamels decline isn't steep, playing in Philly will probably continue to have a negative effect on his win totals. Rendon is a wildcard. I'm not a big believer in him, but his peripherals suggest that he can repeat his fantastic 2014.

If you can wait until Rendon is closer to coming back, I would try and do that. Even if it's a week or 10 days, it will give you some more at bats to evaluate Travis.

If it's a keeper league, I would keep Soler and Travis. If it's a one year league, you pretty much have to do it.
    yup, agree with that. Also depends on what you need for your team. If you need pitching help, then I would consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    yup, agree with that. Also depends on what you need for your team. If you need pitching help, then I would consider it.
    definitely don't need pitching. I decided not to make the deal. I am sure by the end of the season I will regret it but for now I am enjoying the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    definitely don't need pitching. I decided not to make the deal. I am sure by the end of the season I will regret it but for now I am enjoying the ride.
    If you don't need pitching help, then why not hold on. I mean Travis has been great for Fantasy. Not sure how long he can keep this up. But he is putting up some incredible numbers. Solar will turn it around.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    I have Travis in a league, and I am absolutely loving it.

whos in charge of Draco Nation, you have 5 players on the DL in your starting line-up and checked and havent been active since Apr.9. Peter North Stars also has not been active since Apr.8th.

good job to the guys whos been active... but for those two guys, you signed up to be in this league. Put some dam effort into your team, or just say you dont want to be apart of this league, dont waste our time.
    JETS
    MAPLE LEAFS
    RAPTORS
    BLUE JAYS
    BENGALS

Quote Originally Posted by joshhorvath View Post
    whos in charge of Draco Nation, you have 5 players on the DL in your starting line-up and checked and havent been active since Apr.9. Peter North Stars also has not been active since Apr.8th.

good job to the guys whos been active... but for those two guys, you signed up to be in this league. Put some dam effort into your team, or just say you dont want to be apart of this league, dont waste our time.
    That would be Draco and KennyPowders. Cmon guys.

That would be Draco and KennyPowders. Cmon guys.
    and whoever is in charge of LOL, non active since apr.14th. its way too soon in the season to already go inactive guys, cmon man.
    JETS
    MAPLE LEAFS
    RAPTORS
    BLUE JAYS
    BENGALS

Mike Trout traded, wtf? I never thought we'd see that, I'm shocked.

Mike Trout and Jacob DeGrom for Michael Brantley and Cole Hamels.

God I wish it were that easy to get him in other leagues.

I thought it was a pretty interesting trade as well. I like Hamels, but not sure if i would have traded Trout. In my dynasty league, I have Trout and someone offered me Kershaw plus other assets for him and i have turned it down.

i voted against it, trout is one of the best in the game.. SB,HR,AVG, RBI.. he gives you everything. and for cole hames, a middle tier #1 starter, a Hamels for DeGrom trade i would do.
    JETS
    MAPLE LEAFS
    RAPTORS
    BLUE JAYS
    BENGALS

also noodles, would like to set up a mini blockbuster with you based on what you wanted.
    JETS
    MAPLE LEAFS
    RAPTORS
    BLUE JAYS
    BENGALS

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    I thought it was a pretty interesting trade as well. I like Hamels, but not sure if i would have traded Trout. In my dynasty league, I have Trout and someone offered me Kershaw plus other assets for him and i have turned it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshhorvath View Post
    i voted against it, trout is one of the best in the game.. SB,HR,AVG, RBI.. he gives you everything. and for cole hames, a middle tier #1 starter, a Hamels for DeGrom trade i would do.
    Seems like I should have shopped elsewhere.

To be honest I enjoy making deals. It is part of the fun of fantasy leagues.

(If it were dynasty I wouldn't be so bold trading Trout).

I see Hamels as an upgrade over deGrom, especially with QS replacing W as a category. His consistency and reliability is something I wanted next to Bumgarner, Sale and Gray. It is possible I am selling deGrom short on his ability to do that, but I feel more comfortable with Hamels week to week.

Brantley finished No 7 on the fantasy rater last year. He provides the speed and power package (albeit not as significantly) with a better average. I was hoping to get him in the draft - but obviously having the top pick changed my plan (in a good way).

I hope I didn't upset anyone with the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Seems like I should have shopped elsewhere.

To be honest I enjoy making deals. It is part of the fun of fantasy leagues.

(If it were dynasty I wouldn't be so bold trading Trout).

I see Hamels as an upgrade over deGrom, especially with QS replacing W as a category. His consistency and reliability is something I wanted next to Bumgarner, Sale and Gray. It is possible I am selling deGrom short on his ability to do that, but I feel more comfortable with Hamels week to week.

Brantley finished No 7 on the fantasy rater last year. He provides the speed and power package (albeit not as significantly) with a better average. I was hoping to get him in the draft - but obviously having the top pick changed my plan (in a good way).

I hope I didn't upset anyone with the deal.
    I don't vote against any trades (other than the obviously lopsided ones), as I think managers have different visions for their teams. But I would have overpaid if I knew Trout was available :-) I think people should post their available players on this thread. Then we can all get involved.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast