Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 301 of 349 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,515 of 5233
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Somebody stop me

I'm on a bad horror movie binge and I'm not exactly sure what has possessed me to watch such drivel. I need an exorcism.
    Watch "Zombies" with Tony Todd. Its actually pretty good. It got low rating on IMDB though. I think they gave like 2.8 or something.

So last night, my wife dozed off on the couch and I started watching The Hitcher. She wakes up shortly after and I'm like, uh, you might want to go in the bedroom because this is pretty violent. I told her I saw it when I was really young and don't remember a whole lot of details but it's regarded as a classic and I want to see it again. She decides to stick it out.

We got to the semi truck scene and she starts going on about, I can't believe your parents let you watch this... like she was genuinely disappointed. The movie is really twisted but I grew up in the height of the horror genre. Every 7 year old boy (and most girls) had seen the F13th series or Nightmare On Elm Street, which are far more gory and twisted but the terror that Hauer made you feel (no matter how implausible the act was) really grabbed you on a different level. On one hand you say JFC this movie is absurd and then on the other hand you say holy crap this guy is a lunatic, just lurking in the background at all times to continue his torment. He just magically pops up in that family's station wagon kissing on their little daughter and they're all having a gay old time after having just picked him up. No motive is ever established for his rampage. He just wants somebody to stop him.

I think that's why the movie works so well despite being shlock.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Watch "Zombies" with Tony Todd. Its actually pretty good. It got low rating on IMDB though. I think they gave like 2.8 or something.
    Thanks I'll check it out lol

Renegades was pretty good. Its the new one with navy seals diving for sunken nazi gold. Its not the old movie Renegades with Kiefer Sutherland and Lou Diamond Phillips. I'd give both movies about a 7.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    So last night, my wife dozed off on the couch and I started watching The Hitcher. She wakes up shortly after and I'm like, uh, you might want to go in the bedroom because this is pretty violent. I told her I saw it when I was really young and don't remember a whole lot of details but it's regarded as a classic and I want to see it again. She decides to stick it out.

We got to the semi truck scene and she starts going on about, I can't believe your parents let you watch this... like she was genuinely disappointed. The movie is really twisted but I grew up in the height of the horror genre. Every 7 year old boy (and most girls) had seen the F13th series or Nightmare On Elm Street, which are far more gory and twisted but the terror that Hauer made you feel (no matter how implausible the act was) really grabbed you on a different level. On one hand you say JFC this movie is absurd and then on the other hand you say holy crap this guy is a lunatic, just lurking in the background at all times to continue his torment. He just magically pops up in that family's station wagon kissing on their little daughter and they're all having a gay old time after having just picked him up. No motive is ever established for his rampage. He just wants somebody to stop him.

I think that's why the movie works so well despite being shlock.
    Rutger Hauer was downright scary.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Well, Hello There!

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotte, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Heck I was a little kid when I seen The Texas Chainsaw Massacre in theater.

Once upon a time in Venice Bruce Willis 7.5.

The Hippopotamus - 8 of 10

An alcoholic ex-poet investigates whether or not his godson has a ďmagic penisĒ.

Netflix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

American Made - 7.5/10

Based on true events. Tom Cruise is really good here as Barry Seal, the ex-TWA pilot who became a drug smuggler for the CIA in the '80's.

What a story!

Last edited by Paulie6986; 01-14-2018 at 09:55 PM.

Well, Hello There!

Mets Dieharder Since '63

What a story, Mark! Hahahaha

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    What a story, Mark! Hahahaha
    How many times have you watched The Room?

Well, Hello There!

Mets Dieharder Since '63

I have to watch it again! Itís so dam good.

Storm of the Century (Stephen King) - 7.5/10

Only issue is the pacing in the first half. The movie is 4 hours long. Second act really picks up.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    How many times have you watched The Room?

Just twice. One time kinda in the background at a friend's house a month ago or so and once in the theater a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I have to watch it again! Itís so dam good.

I highly recommend seeing it in the theater if you get an opportunity. Seeing it on the big screen with a packed crowd makes it even more ridiculous and funny.