Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 267 of 271 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,005 of 4052
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I think some of those are HUGE stretches.
    And maybe their not.

I forgot to bring up the cotton thing too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    I got the hype lock, stock and two smoking barrels. It was about racism and well-written.

I gave it 8/10.

I loved the friend too.
    Of course it was about racism. That didn't make me like it any more or less. Seemed pretty simple and slow to me. Decent for a modern horror movie but that's about it IMO.

"there's no shines in my shinebox"

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I just loved the little thing he did to established many of the racial problems that have existed in the country forever.

Like the fact that Camera flashes got them people woken as a representation of how now we see many cases of racism being recorded on camera for all to see.

How the girl only eats her cereal separately from the milk as a form of keeping the white milk pure and not to be mixed with color.

How she is passively looking for other victims while some real ****ed up **** is going down in the baseman, this can be seen as how many white women just ignore racism quietly because well it never will effect them.

Their are a lot more stuff I can go on about, but it made the movie a good conversation topic for a couple of weeks after I saw it.

In the end that made it a great movie, not just an ok film.

No, I really get it all. However, racism attention is everywhere. Like everywhere. Not saying it shouldn't be per say, but at some point, it doesn't need to be in every ****ing thing I see. It loses it's translation at times.

I get it. Whitey ****ing sucks.

The movie was good. Nothing special. Good timing for it to come out, for sure.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    No, I really get it all. However, racism attention is everywhere. Like everywhere. Not saying it shouldn't be per say, but at some point, it doesn't need to be in every ****ing thing I see. It loses it's translation at times.

I get it. Whitey ****ing sucks.

The movie was good. Nothing special. Good timing for it to come out, for sure.
    For me racism is some thing that needs to be talked about more and more.

And yeah some people may get tired of talking and hearing about, but this a topic that should never be less talked about. It's still a real ****ing problem.

So for me the film did a great job in pointing out little things with this issue. I though they were very creative and not like many or any other horror film and to add to it it had some good humor.

For me racism is some thing that needs to be talked about more and more.

And yeah some people may get tired of talking and hearing about, but this a topic that should never be less talked about. It's still a real ****ing problem.

So for me the film did a great job in pointing out little things with this issue. I though they were very creative and not like many or any other horror film and to add to it it had some good humor.

as I stated, it's not a bad thing that racism is thrown at us constantly. I just could use a break from EVERYTHING being a racist subject now and then. Like, I don't need every movie to point out what I wake up to every single day is all. I get it...

Biggest issue I had-it was talked up and reviews were off the charts. That typically means I will think its overrated. Which I did.

Again, have to add in, I loved his friend.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I loved it because of the freshness of it, and how it felt like something relatively new and untold. I mean, we had Stepford Wives and stuff, but this felt more topical and thus interesting. Perhaps because of my political leanings I resonated more with that than it might for others, but I really just felt that it was a unique and really well-done movie. It was funny, it was scary. It was fun. I don't recall watching anything like it before.

I'm also not much of a "horror" movie watcher so I don't know the genre as well. I usually don't enjoy them much because I have no imagination and struggle to get sucked into nonsensical/unbelievable horror. Maybe that's another reason why I liked it: it didn't feel too absurd.
    this my sig

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I loved it because of the freshness of it, and how it felt like something relatively new and untold. I mean, we had Stepford Wives and stuff, but this felt more topical and thus interesting. Perhaps because of my political leanings I resonated more with that than it might for others, but I really just felt that it was a unique and really well-done movie. It was funny, it was scary. It was fun. I don't recall watching anything like it before.

I'm also not much of a "horror" movie watcher so I don't know the genre as well. I usually don't enjoy them much because I have no imagination and struggle to get sucked into nonsensical/unbelievable horror. Maybe that's another reason why I liked it: it didn't feel too absurd.
    As far as the horror genre it was really quite unique.

Everything else you said was spot on.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    I just loved the little thing he did to established many of the racial problems that have existed in the country forever.

Like the fact that Camera flashes got them people woken as a representation of how now we see many cases of racism being recorded on camera for all to see.

How the girl only eats her cereal separately from the milk as a form of keeping the white milk pure and not to be mixed with color.

How she is passively looking for other victims while some real ****ed up **** is going down in the baseman, this can be seen as how many white women just ignore racism quietly because well it never will effect them.

Their are a lot more stuff I can go on about, but it made the movie a good conversation topic for a couple of weeks after I saw it.

Great take Sick.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Couldn't Make The Cut As A Denver Broncos Cheerleader

I Love NY Mets Baseball!!!!
    Mets Dieharder Since '63

Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Wish Upon - 4.5/10

Started with good premise and likeable lead actress. Ryan Phillippe badly miscast.

You have seven wishes, but each one has a consequence. And a fatal one at that.

Last 20-30 minutes was testing my nerves with a predictable ending.
    Couldn't Make The Cut As A Denver Broncos Cheerleader

I Love NY Mets Baseball!!!!
    Mets Dieharder Since '63

Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I think some of those are HUGE stretches.
    Def seem like some stretches and/or over-analyzation to me.

"there's no shines in my shinebox"

I feel the complete opposite. it was a good movie with a lot of potential that was brought down by it's brow beating. characters in art can be very powerful but when you stop letting the character be organic and start treating them like a vehicle you take away from their dimension and your art suffers.
    Last edited by ewing; 09-14-2017 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I feel the complete opposite. it was a good movie with a lot of potential that was brought down by it's brow beating. characters in art can be very powerful but when you stop letting the character be organic and start treating them like a vehicle you take away from their dimension and your art suffers.
    But what made you think these characters were not being organic?

Get Out was a horror movie?

But what made you think these characters were not being organic?

I felt message was frequently driving the narrative as opposed to the narrative delivering the message. It started very strong and was delivering the message however it became really heavy handed and turned the characters somewhat 2 dimensional

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Get Out was a horror movie?
    Ehh...it's a few things, but I think horror is the crux of it. Wikipedia labels it as solely horror movie, as does IMDB. Rotten Tomatoes goes Comedy/Horror/Mystery & Suspense. Amazon: Thriller, Mystery, Horror. Metacritic: Mystery, Thriller, Horror, Comedy.

It certainly was far, far, far from the scariest movie ever -- because it wasn't trying to be that -- but I think it's safe to call it a horror flick.
    this my sig