Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 267 of 271 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,005 of 4052
  1. #3991
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    89,591
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I think some of those are HUGE stretches.
    And maybe their not.

    I forgot to bring up the cotton thing too.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #3992
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    33,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    I got the hype lock, stock and two smoking barrels. It was about racism and well-written.

    I gave it 8/10.

    I loved the friend too.
    Of course it was about racism. That didn't make me like it any more or less. Seemed pretty simple and slow to me. Decent for a modern horror movie but that's about it IMO.

    "there's no shines in my shinebox"

  3. #3993
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    70,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I just loved the little thing he did to established many of the racial problems that have existed in the country forever.

    Like the fact that Camera flashes got them people woken as a representation of how now we see many cases of racism being recorded on camera for all to see.

    How the girl only eats her cereal separately from the milk as a form of keeping the white milk pure and not to be mixed with color.

    How she is passively looking for other victims while some real ****ed up **** is going down in the baseman, this can be seen as how many white women just ignore racism quietly because well it never will effect them.

    Their are a lot more stuff I can go on about, but it made the movie a good conversation topic for a couple of weeks after I saw it.

    In the end that made it a great movie, not just an ok film.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, I really get it all. However, racism attention is everywhere. Like everywhere. Not saying it shouldn't be per say, but at some point, it doesn't need to be in every ****ing thing I see. It loses it's translation at times.

    I get it. Whitey ****ing sucks.

    The movie was good. Nothing special. Good timing for it to come out, for sure.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  4. #3994
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    89,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    No, I really get it all. However, racism attention is everywhere. Like everywhere. Not saying it shouldn't be per say, but at some point, it doesn't need to be in every ****ing thing I see. It loses it's translation at times.

    I get it. Whitey ****ing sucks.

    The movie was good. Nothing special. Good timing for it to come out, for sure.
    For me racism is some thing that needs to be talked about more and more.

    And yeah some people may get tired of talking and hearing about, but this a topic that should never be less talked about. It's still a real ****ing problem.

    So for me the film did a great job in pointing out little things with this issue. I though they were very creative and not like many or any other horror film and to add to it it had some good humor.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #3995
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    70,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    For me racism is some thing that needs to be talked about more and more.

    And yeah some people may get tired of talking and hearing about, but this a topic that should never be less talked about. It's still a real ****ing problem.

    So for me the film did a great job in pointing out little things with this issue. I though they were very creative and not like many or any other horror film and to add to it it had some good humor.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    as I stated, it's not a bad thing that racism is thrown at us constantly. I just could use a break from EVERYTHING being a racist subject now and then. Like, I don't need every movie to point out what I wake up to every single day is all. I get it...

    Biggest issue I had-it was talked up and reviews were off the charts. That typically means I will think its overrated. Which I did.

    Again, have to add in, I loved his friend.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  6. #3996
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsbruh
    Posts
    68,557
    I loved it because of the freshness of it, and how it felt like something relatively new and untold. I mean, we had Stepford Wives and stuff, but this felt more topical and thus interesting. Perhaps because of my political leanings I resonated more with that than it might for others, but I really just felt that it was a unique and really well-done movie. It was funny, it was scary. It was fun. I don't recall watching anything like it before.

    I'm also not much of a "horror" movie watcher so I don't know the genre as well. I usually don't enjoy them much because I have no imagination and struggle to get sucked into nonsensical/unbelievable horror. Maybe that's another reason why I liked it: it didn't feel too absurd.
    this my sig

  7. #3997
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    89,591
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I loved it because of the freshness of it, and how it felt like something relatively new and untold. I mean, we had Stepford Wives and stuff, but this felt more topical and thus interesting. Perhaps because of my political leanings I resonated more with that than it might for others, but I really just felt that it was a unique and really well-done movie. It was funny, it was scary. It was fun. I don't recall watching anything like it before.

    I'm also not much of a "horror" movie watcher so I don't know the genre as well. I usually don't enjoy them much because I have no imagination and struggle to get sucked into nonsensical/unbelievable horror. Maybe that's another reason why I liked it: it didn't feel too absurd.
    As far as the horror genre it was really quite unique.

    Everything else you said was spot on.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #3998
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Posts
    22,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I just loved the little thing he did to established many of the racial problems that have existed in the country forever.

    Like the fact that Camera flashes got them people woken as a representation of how now we see many cases of racism being recorded on camera for all to see.

    How the girl only eats her cereal separately from the milk as a form of keeping the white milk pure and not to be mixed with color.

    How she is passively looking for other victims while some real ****ed up **** is going down in the baseman, this can be seen as how many white women just ignore racism quietly because well it never will effect them.

    Their are a lot more stuff I can go on about, but it made the movie a good conversation topic for a couple of weeks after I saw it.

    In the end that made it a great movie, not just an ok film.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great take Sick.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Couldn't Make The Cut As A Denver Broncos Cheerleader

    I Love NY Mets Baseball!!!!
    Mets Dieharder Since '63

    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

    uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

  9. #3999
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Posts
    22,175
    Wish Upon - 4.5/10

    Started with good premise and likeable lead actress. Ryan Phillippe badly miscast.

    You have seven wishes, but each one has a consequence. And a fatal one at that.

    Last 20-30 minutes was testing my nerves with a predictable ending.
    Couldn't Make The Cut As A Denver Broncos Cheerleader

    I Love NY Mets Baseball!!!!
    Mets Dieharder Since '63

    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

    uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

  10. #4000
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    33,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I just loved the little thing he did to established many of the racial problems that have existed in the country forever.

    Like the fact that Camera flashes got them people woken as a representation of how now we see many cases of racism being recorded on camera for all to see.

    How the girl only eats her cereal separately from the milk as a form of keeping the white milk pure and not to be mixed with color.

    How she is passively looking for other victims while some real ****ed up **** is going down in the baseman, this can be seen as how many white women just ignore racism quietly because well it never will effect them.

    Their are a lot more stuff I can go on about, but it made the movie a good conversation topic for a couple of weeks after I saw it.

    In the end that made it a great movie, not just an ok film.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I think some of those are HUGE stretches.
    Def seem like some stretches and/or over-analyzation to me.

    "there's no shines in my shinebox"

  11. #4001
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    26,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I just loved the little thing he did to established many of the racial problems that have existed in the country forever.

    Like the fact that Camera flashes got them people woken as a representation of how now we see many cases of racism being recorded on camera for all to see.

    How the girl only eats her cereal separately from the milk as a form of keeping the white milk pure and not to be mixed with color.

    How she is passively looking for other victims while some real ****ed up **** is going down in the baseman, this can be seen as how many white women just ignore racism quietly because well it never will effect them.

    Their are a lot more stuff I can go on about, but it made the movie a good conversation topic for a couple of weeks after I saw it.

    In the end that made it a great movie, not just an ok film.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    I feel the complete opposite. it was a good movie with a lot of potential that was brought down by it's brow beating. characters in art can be very powerful but when you stop letting the character be organic and start treating them like a vehicle you take away from their dimension and your art suffers.
    Last edited by ewing; 09-14-2017 at 05:25 AM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  12. #4002
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    89,591
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I feel the complete opposite. it was a good movie with a lot of potential that was brought down by it's brow beating. characters in art can be very powerful but when you stop letting the character be organic and start treating them like a vehicle you take away from their dimension and your art suffers.
    But what made you think these characters were not being organic?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #4003
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    70,840
    Get Out was a horror movie?

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  14. #4004
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    26,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    But what made you think these characters were not being organic?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I felt message was frequently driving the narrative as opposed to the narrative delivering the message. It started very strong and was delivering the message however it became really heavy handed and turned the characters somewhat 2 dimensional


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  15. #4005
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsbruh
    Posts
    68,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Get Out was a horror movie?
    Ehh...it's a few things, but I think horror is the crux of it. Wikipedia labels it as solely horror movie, as does IMDB. Rotten Tomatoes goes Comedy/Horror/Mystery & Suspense. Amazon: Thriller, Mystery, Horror. Metacritic: Mystery, Thriller, Horror, Comedy.

    It certainly was far, far, far from the scariest movie ever -- because it wasn't trying to be that -- but I think it's safe to call it a horror flick.
    this my sig

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •