Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 231 of 270 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 4039

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen XXV

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    Central Intelligence - 6/10
    I like Kevin Hart and DJ together, and there were definitely some funny parts. Overall the story was okay and I feel like they could have done a little bit better.

The Divergent Series: Allegiant - 5/10
    I'm a sucker for these kind of movies and while I enjoyed it, I can also admit that it wasn't really very good...if that makes sense. I wish they would finish the second part of this movie like originally planned, but I don't think thats going to happen now.

Fittest on Earth: A Decade of Fitness - 8/10
    I waited all year for this documentary of the 2016 Crossfit Games...and was slighty disappointed. It was very good, just not as good as the previous years. Still, I will likely watch it another 10-15 times before next years comes out.
    Are u a cross-fit guy?
    Last edited by ewing; 03-20-2017 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Are u a cross-fit guy?
    I follow it pretty religiously.
    As far as my training, its not strictly crossfit. I do a little bit of everything.

Beauty and the Beast - 8/10

Disney has been making very good live action remakes. The songs and effects were great. Emma Watson was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Beauty and the Beast - 8/10

Disney has been making very good live action remakes. The songs and effects were great. Emma Watson was perfect.
    I have seen nothing but positive reviews on this remake.
    I expected that Watson would make a perfect Belle.

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    I have seen nothing but positive reviews on this remake.
    I expected that Watson would make a perfect Belle.
    I'm glad because I was hearing the complete opposite. I was hearing how poorly done the CGI was. This was before it came out so not sure where the info came from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Lion -- 9/10

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I'm glad because I was hearing the complete opposite. I was hearing how poorly done the CGI was. This was before it came out so not sure where the info came from.
    Yeah, reviews have been warm, but far far far from universal praise.

I saw it on Sunday. It was fine. It's like a 7/10. The songs they added stunk...and it felt really really long in part because of that. It's really corny/hammy at times, too. It just felt a little underwhelming. The original is better...and there's nothing new here. Nothing added felt like it enhanced anything, which left it just feeling like a redundant cash-grab. And considering how much money it has made, I'm sure we're gonna get a lot more of these live-action remakes in the near future.

I thought Watson was merely OK, but she's not the perfect casting decision for Belle. I didn't buy the connection between her and the Beast. I am aware that this is an opinion almost no one else shares. But whatever.
    this my sig

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Yeah, reviews have been warm, but far far far from universal praise.

I saw it on Sunday. It was fine. It's like a 7/10. The songs they added stunk...and it felt really really long in part because of that. It's really corny/hammy at times, too. It just felt a little underwhelming. The original is better...and there's nothing new here. Nothing added felt like it enhanced anything, which left it just feeling like a redundant cash-grab. And considering how much money it has made, I'm sure we're gonna get a lot more of these live-action remakes in the near future.

I thought Watson was merely OK, but she's not the perfect casting decision for Belle. I didn't buy the connection between her and the Beast. I am aware that this is an opinion almost no one else shares. But whatever.
    My girlfriend's been on me about it since it's been announced. I'm interested in seeing it but wasn't all about going to the theater if the poor reviews were accurate. a 7/10 (in your taste since I can like your take on films) is good enough for me to see it in theaters.

They're already planning on a Little Mermaid live-action.

Pete's Dragon was solid.

EDIT: Thought Pan was Disney. It wasn't. It was crap.
    Last edited by koldjerky; 03-21-2017 at 10:05 AM.
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

maybe I sound old saying this, but can they please stop remaking everything from the 80-90's already?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    maybe I sound old saying this, but can they please stop remaking everything from the 80-90's already?
    Too much money. They won't as much as we want them too.

It's not as much remakes as sequels that I hate. No need to do sequels 20 years after the original. Some remakes, though, just absolutely shouldn't be made because the original movies were more fun and cheesy than they were great thus remakes being bad. Total Recall falls into that category for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Haha. I agree. I feel like we're like a year or two away from every major movie being a super hero movie, a Disney remake (or any remake, for that matter) or a musical.
    this my sig

CGI isn't necessarily polished for theatrical release when it is released for previews, etc.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    CGI isn't necessarily polished for theatrical release when it is released for previews, etc.
    Ah, well that makes sense. Still seems like harsh criticisms if this is something known.

Too much money. They won't as much as we want them too.

It's not as much remakes as sequels that I hate. No need to do sequels 20 years after the original. Some remakes, though, just absolutely shouldn't be made because the original movies were more fun and cheesy than they were great thus remakes being bad. Total Recall falls into that category for me.
    any movie that had Patrick Swayze in it falls into that category. I mean, you can't possibly make it better. Just stop already

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Haha. I agree. I feel like we're like a year or two away from every major movie being a super hero movie, a Disney remake (or any remake, for that matter) or a musical.
    I think that is why "Drive", and "Inception" stood out to me SO much. They were not only really good, but bah bah baaaaaaaaaah, original as well