Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 335 of 336 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336 LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,025 of 5035
  1. #5011
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    75,507
    The Lost World (1960 Version): 5.5/10

    I watched this as a kid and loved it for the fantasy-adventure film it was. Watching it last night it starts to fall apart a bit. The "dinosaurs" are just lizards with horns and what not glued on/attached on. As a fan of the Godzilla franchise I can accept some cheese so some of the films sillier moments do not bother as much as they would in a more serious movie (Claude Rains performance, for example). Some of the story elements felt obnoxious on 2nd watch such as the Jill St. John character who was useless, as was the "revenge story" whose payoff is weak. I still enjoyed it well enough but I suspect nostalgia helps (as does my love of cheese/schlock).

  2. #5012
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Posts
    23,693
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    The Lost World (1960 Version): 5.5/10

    I watched this as a kid and loved it for the fantasy-adventure film it was. Watching it last night it starts to fall apart a bit. The "dinosaurs" are just lizards with horns and what not glued on/attached on. As a fan of the Godzilla franchise I can accept some cheese so some of the films sillier moments do not bother as much as they would in a more serious movie (Claude Rains performance, for example). Some of the story elements felt obnoxious on 2nd watch such as the Jill St. John character who was useless, as was the "revenge story" whose payoff is weak. I still enjoyed it well enough but I suspect nostalgia helps (as does my love of cheese/schlock).
    I saw this too as a kid too.

    Then, it was fantastic. If I'd watch it now, like yourself, would enjoy it more as nostalgia.
    Nothing Like Working Out

    Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

    uapeople you're gone, but never forgotte, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

  3. #5013
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    hampton beach
    Posts
    2,109
    Movies that you can watch for nostalgic value(like Lost World) without being too critical or suppressing your critical eye can be fun.I remember as a teen we had a huge Godzilla fan in my peer group,so we rented some Godzilla tapes and had a great time watching even though they are not great films.

  4. #5014
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    37,681
    Game Night - 6/10. Fun movie. Didn’t love McGowan in it. Not really any memorable/quotable characters but still a decent film.

    Interstellar -8/10. Not going I say I understand wormholes (does anyone) or if this movie kept to the scientific integrity of what it was portraying, but it was a fantastic film nonetheless. Loved the whole premise and the idea of time travel and time relativity was fascinating. Well acted as well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  5. #5015
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    25,070
    The Maze Runner: Death cure was good. I liked it. I'd give it 8/10. Its better then part two.

  6. #5016
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    25,070
    Deep blue sea 2 is cheesy. It lives up to the 3.2 IMDB rating. Its okay to watch if your bored and not much to watch. But ya seen one ya seen them all. Its a direct to DVD or whatever they call it today for low budget movies. It'll be in the $5 Walmart bin before you know it.

  7. #5017
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Posts
    23,693
    Cartel Land - 8.5/10

    Powerful documentary on citizen uprising in Mexico against the drug cartel and a paramilitary U.S. group attempting to prevent the flow of drugs in Arizona.

    Was a 2015 nominee for Best Documentary.

    Excellent camera work and editing.



    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Nothing Like Working Out

    Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

    uapeople you're gone, but never forgotte, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

  8. #5018
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    25,070
    The Circle. I cant give it a rating. I didn't finish it. Seemed slow. I stopped watching it after 24 minutes.

  9. #5019
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    26,553

    Rate the Last Movie You've Seen XXV

    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    The Circle. I cant give it a rating. I didn't finish it. Seemed slow. I stopped watching it after 24 minutes.
    Slow, yes. But sufficiently suspenseful. I prob gave it 7/10.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

  10. #5020
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Posts
    23,693
    Which 'The Circle' are you guys talking about?

    The one I've seen is from 2015, starring actors/actresses I've never heard of before.
    Nothing Like Working Out

    Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

    uapeople you're gone, but never forgotte, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

  11. #5021
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    35,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Which 'The Circle' are you guys talking about?

    The one I've seen is from 2015, starring actors/actresses I've never heard of before.
    I think they're referring to the one with Emma Watson and Tom Hanks about a tech company.

  12. #5022
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    26,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Which 'The Circle' are you guys talking about?

    The one I've seen is from 2015, starring actors/actresses I've never heard of before.
    Me? The 2015 one. Didn't know there was another one that came out in 2017.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

  13. #5023
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    25,070
    Island Zero 5/10. It had a Stephen King vibe to it.

  14. #5024
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    25,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I think they're referring to the one with Emma Watson and Tom Hanks about a tech company.
    Yeah the 2017 version with Watson and Hanks. I shut it off like 20 minutes in. Its boring. I very seldom shut shows off. But lately. Hollywood dropped tons of duds. Making way to many movies and most are horrible. Not sure how these movies even break even.

    Bet they count on selling them to pay per view or dvd sales or letting them air on HBO,Cinemax,Showtime or Netflix to get some of the money back. Cause man oh man looking back through the years there was tons of awesome movies back in the day.

  15. #5025
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    93,383
    Roadhouse - 9/10 I think I seen it about 10 times now. One of the best lines ever in this movie. “I used to **** guys like you in prison”. Kelly Lynch still looks hot AF.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •