Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 335 of 336 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336 LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,025 of 5035
    The Lost World (1960 Version): 5.5/10

I watched this as a kid and loved it for the fantasy-adventure film it was. Watching it last night it starts to fall apart a bit. The "dinosaurs" are just lizards with horns and what not glued on/attached on. As a fan of the Godzilla franchise I can accept some cheese so some of the films sillier moments do not bother as much as they would in a more serious movie (Claude Rains performance, for example). Some of the story elements felt obnoxious on 2nd watch such as the Jill St. John character who was useless, as was the "revenge story" whose payoff is weak. I still enjoyed it well enough but I suspect nostalgia helps (as does my love of cheese/schlock).

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    The Lost World (1960 Version): 5.5/10

I watched this as a kid and loved it for the fantasy-adventure film it was. Watching it last night it starts to fall apart a bit. The "dinosaurs" are just lizards with horns and what not glued on/attached on. As a fan of the Godzilla franchise I can accept some cheese so some of the films sillier moments do not bother as much as they would in a more serious movie (Claude Rains performance, for example). Some of the story elements felt obnoxious on 2nd watch such as the Jill St. John character who was useless, as was the "revenge story" whose payoff is weak. I still enjoyed it well enough but I suspect nostalgia helps (as does my love of cheese/schlock).
    I saw this too as a kid too.

Then, it was fantastic. If I'd watch it now, like yourself, would enjoy it more as nostalgia.
    Nothing Like Working Out

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotte, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Movies that you can watch for nostalgic value(like Lost World) without being too critical or suppressing your critical eye can be fun.I remember as a teen we had a huge Godzilla fan in my peer group,so we rented some Godzilla tapes and had a great time watching even though they are not great films.

Game Night - 6/10. Fun movie. Didn’t love McGowan in it. Not really any memorable/quotable characters but still a decent film.

Interstellar -8/10. Not going I say I understand wormholes (does anyone) or if this movie kept to the scientific integrity of what it was portraying, but it was a fantastic film nonetheless. Loved the whole premise and the idea of time travel and time relativity was fascinating. Well acted as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

The Maze Runner: Death cure was good. I liked it. I'd give it 8/10. Its better then part two.

Deep blue sea 2 is cheesy. It lives up to the 3.2 IMDB rating. Its okay to watch if your bored and not much to watch. But ya seen one ya seen them all. Its a direct to DVD or whatever they call it today for low budget movies. It'll be in the $5 Walmart bin before you know it.

Cartel Land - 8.5/10

Powerful documentary on citizen uprising in Mexico against the drug cartel and a paramilitary U.S. group attempting to prevent the flow of drugs in Arizona.

Was a 2015 nominee for Best Documentary.

Excellent camera work and editing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Nothing Like Working Out

Mets Dieharder Since '63

The Circle. I cant give it a rating. I didn't finish it. Seemed slow. I stopped watching it after 24 minutes.

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen XXV

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    The Circle. I cant give it a rating. I didn't finish it. Seemed slow. I stopped watching it after 24 minutes.
    Slow, yes. But sufficiently suspenseful. I prob gave it 7/10.

Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Which 'The Circle' are you guys talking about?

The one I've seen is from 2015, starring actors/actresses I've never heard of before.
    Nothing Like Working Out

Mets Dieharder Since '63

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post

The one I've seen is from 2015, starring actors/actresses I've never heard of before.
    I think they're referring to the one with Emma Watson and Tom Hanks about a tech company.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post

Me? The 2015 one. Didn't know there was another one that came out in 2017.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Island Zero 5/10. It had a Stephen King vibe to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I think they're referring to the one with Emma Watson and Tom Hanks about a tech company.
    Yeah the 2017 version with Watson and Hanks. I shut it off like 20 minutes in. Its boring. I very seldom shut shows off. But lately. Hollywood dropped tons of duds. Making way to many movies and most are horrible. Not sure how these movies even break even.

Bet they count on selling them to pay per view or dvd sales or letting them air on HBO,Cinemax,Showtime or Netflix to get some of the money back. Cause man oh man looking back through the years there was tons of awesome movies back in the day.

Roadhouse - 9/10 I think I seen it about 10 times now. One of the best lines ever in this movie. “I used to **** guys like you in prison”. Kelly Lynch still looks hot AF.