Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 249 of 251 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251 LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 3751
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    it is absolutely different. They actually honed in on the story, and the actual acting in Logan, where as in the usual super hero movies, it was all about action, special effects, the mutant's powers, etc.

Logan is a superhero mutant movie, but those things comes second to the acting, and story. Much different I agree
    Exactly. It's almost like Unbreakable to me in the sense that it's a story based around the dynamics of the characters and their powers are secondary. Logan was a great movie in that regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

if you started with Logan, don't bother dude. You will feel very disappointed.

Though Deadpool is worth a watch, it is different, and pretty damn funny. The rest? Skip them..
    I didn't like Deadpool at all really.

"there's no shines in my shinebox"

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen XXV

Unthinkable : 7.2/10

Acting was great. Cast was great. Solid idea of the goings on behind a terrorist attack and how to handle our national security. Hated the ending. Good twists and turns, enjoyed it all the way until that part. Leaving the ending to a movie or show up to the viewers imagination a la Sopranos. Just.... cmon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 NHL Re-Draft
    Vegas Aces

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Logan isn't in the realm of x-men movies that the regular person would think of. I feel like it's not a comic book movie in that sense so it'd attract more of the comic-book movie haters. It's definitely a super hero movie because of obvious reasons but it's different as more a drama/action movie opposed to the flashy mutant/fantasy/action types all the other ones are. It's a deeper movie than a fun movie.

In saying that, it was definitely a great movie just different.
    That's why imo it is the best comic book movie ever.

War For The Planet Of The Apes: 8.5/10

A good watch, and much better than the previous two (both were solid). Hits emotional high and lows (the Woody Harrelson scene from the trailers is great) and ties the universe together very well. I don't know if I want anymore after this one.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
    Unthinkable : 7.2/10

Acting was great. Cast was great. Solid idea of the goings on behind a terrorist attack and how to handle our national security. Hated the ending. Good twists and turns, enjoyed it all the way until that part. Leaving the ending to a movie or show up to the viewers imagination a la Sopranos. Just.... cmon.

Yep, I gave it a 7/10.
    Nothing Like Working Out On A Fitball

I Love NY Mets Baseball!!!!
    Mets Dieharder Since '63

Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Kong: Skull Island : 7.8/10

Was a really fun movie with a lot of good CGI. Kong was pretty bad ***, was fun to watch. Good enough story. I imagine it was a good in theatre movie, maybe a worthwhile IMAX movie.

2016 NHL Re-Draft
    Vegas Aces

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    The Overnight (2015) - 7.5/10.

Stars Adam Scott and Jason Schwartzman plus great cast.

A sex comedy that may not be for everyone. Unpredictable at first, then you slowly see where the film is leading you with both wit and fearless acting. However, there is one scene that was shocking to me.

I don't know how to do a 'SPOILER ALERT', otherwise I would do so.

The most unusual sex comedy I've ever seen.
    Nothing Like Working Out On A Fitball

I Love NY Mets Baseball!!!!
    Mets Dieharder Since '63

Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

War of the planets of the apes - 8/10 very emotional movie, was not expecting that. Though it was going to be more action packed, but very good nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    War of the planets of the apes - 8/10 very emotional movie, was not expecting that. Though it was going to be more action packed, but very good nonetheless.

I thought it was good too. But this ****ing lady behind me kept sniffling or coughing throughout the movie. My mom's friend looked back and she had on one of those medical masks.

WHY THE **** ARE YOU AT A THEATER IF YOU'RE SICK?!?!? Just so inconsiderate.

John Wick 2- 3/10

I was on the fence about watching the 2nd one, I should have let it go. The fight scenes were so methodically boring to me. The plot was stupid, etc. Just not a good followup.

The skinny bad chick was hot, but I have a fundamental problem taking a 100 lb chick seriously as a bad ***. It's why Kill Bill didn't do it for me, and the new Theron movie coming out looks so stupid. Reminds me of every movie Jolie did post 2000.

Just can't take a skinny chick beating up a bunch of guys seriously. Sorry

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I thought it was good too. But this ****ing lady behind me kept sniffling or coughing throughout the movie. My mom's friend looked back and she had on one of those medical masks.

WHY THE **** ARE YOU AT A THEATER IF YOU'RE SICK?!?!? Just so inconsiderate.
    Yeah that sucks man.

The dude next to me kept throwing popcorn in his mouth instead of eating normally and he would bang the arm chair every time. After like 5 minutes I had to tell him dude stop that ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Yeah that sucks man.

The dude next to me kept throwing popcorn in his mouth instead of eating normally and he would bang the arm chair every time. After like 5 minutes I had to tell him dude stop that ****.

Inconsiderate people are so annoying but I'm a bit of a stickler while watching a movie. I don't like when people talk (obviously), make sound effects, clap during or at the end, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Inconsiderate people are so annoying but I'm a bit of a stickler while watching a movie. I don't like when people talk (obviously), make sound effects, clap during or at the end, etc.
    The worst experience was a month a go when I went to se WW, the dude a couple seats from me kept falling asleep and snoring really ****ing loud.

John Wick 2- 3/10

I was on the fence about watching the 2nd one, I should have let it go. The fight scenes were so methodically boring to me. The plot was stupid, etc. Just not a good followup.

The skinny bad chick was hot, but I have a fundamental problem taking a 100 lb chick seriously as a bad ***. It's why Kill Bill didn't do it for me, and the new Theron movie coming out looks so stupid. Reminds me of every movie Jolie did post 2000.

Just can't take a skinny chick beating up a bunch of guys seriously. Sorry
    Aren't you a martial artist? You know damn well there's some badass chick somewhere out there who could take on a gaggle of goons.

Besides do you want some Chyna type broad out on screen?

Otherwise I agree that movie looks stupid AF and the Jolie reference is spot on.