14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tom Brady

8 57.14%
  • Joe Montana

6 42.86%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brady v Montana

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyburch View Post
    Brady has never had to face the Ds that Montana did in those three losses. Montana did not face the pro pass powder puff Ds Brady has had the luxury of facing.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    D's did not become defanged until after the 2006 season, which is why BB filled up with Moss and Welker. BB was a D first coach, he'd much rather play the game as it was from 1985-2005 IMO. 3 of his SB wins as Coach and 2 more as the prime assistant for the NYG's. All D.

So that means the first 1/3 of Brady's career was played against these D's. I'd argue that since 2006, Seattle had the best D in '13 and '14 and TB beat them. TB as a rookie beat Oakland and Pittsburgh and the Rams (O first but still a solid D). TB beat Pitt, Tenn, Philly, NYJ, and Baltimore in the playoffs when they featured some tough D's. A 1/3 of Brady's career is about 2/5's of Montana's career. SD, Buffalo, Miami had lame D's. Cincy was not any dynastic D either.

You play who is in front of you. TB has played longer, won more, won at a higher %, and produced more offense per game, and he's a bad weather QB (greatest cold weather QB of all time) and two other teams in his conference have crap weather and Montana was a good weather (fog and rain sometmes) in a decent weather Division.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

told you all since 2010 he was a toolbag.....

Yes the AFC was weak which means getting to the SB through the 9ers Skins Giants and Dallas was not some easy task. The AFC during the Brady years imo not as hard. Yes they had the Ravens and Peyton but Brady had BB the greatest modern coach. Peyton never could beat BB. IMO Brady's success against Manning was more to do with BB and less to do with Brady.

One other thing you talk about the first 1/3 of Brady's career. Brady was not the QB he is now in that time span. Good yes but not a top 2 all time

Really we are splitting hairs here. I cant fault you in putting Brady 1 or 2. Its just our opinion. At least we both saw them both and can have a live perspective of each.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

Haven't watched much of Montana,

but through my painful years as a Bills fan I've came to the conclusion that Brady's the GOAT.

Was looking for this exact thread, not sure who I would vote for, I like both QB's. Difference is Montana used to beat my Bears all the time when we were good. Only blemish to me for Brady really is he keeps losing to Eli as the favorite.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Only blemish to me for Brady really is he keeps losing to Eli as the favorite.
    Keeps losing? Both games he walked off the field late in the 4th the Pats were ahead. TB gets blamed for his D? Makes sense...

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

told you all since 2010 he was a toolbag.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123