Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Literally no baseball talk on this thread.

David Letterman once had a small stake in the Seattle Mariners. He was part of the group led by Jeff Smulyan that bought the Mariners in 1989. So when Ken Griffey Jr. appeared on Late Night... in 1990, he was technically interviewed by one of his bosses.
    http://articles.latimes.com/1989-08-...avid-letterman

Quote Originally Posted by M's fan406:29963071
    Literally no baseball talk on this thread.
    That is a false statement. I can't speak for anyone else who submitted posts here, but this is about the Seattle Mariners history, present and future. It's about the brand.

And again, I'm sorry, but no one but you seems to really care about the brand. The team is doing fine financially, especially considering the **** show it has been the past 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    That is a false statement. I can't speak for anyone else who submitted posts here, but this is about the Seattle Mariners history, present and future. It's about the brand.
    Which is about about the brand. The business side of baseball. Not talk about what's going on in the field. And unless you have a good product on the field then who cares what going on with the jerseys.

It was one year ago today that the Seattle Mariners hosted the Houston Astros in a Turn Back the Clock game. Each team wore the 2014 version of their 1979 uniform. It's hard to believe it's been a year.

Not a fan of the thread title change. Mods you can lock this one up.

That's all it's been. And they aren't going to lock something because you say to.

What was the point of the thread? You don't need a thread for the entire team. That's what the forum is for.

Seattle4Ever Guest
    Hahahahahahahahahaha I love the thread title change

Quote Originally Posted by Ian. View Post
    I can't stand the teal. It's ****ing hideous.
    those were My favorite jerseys i had the griffey as a kid

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    The Mariners traded Ken Griffey Jr. to the Reds 15 years ago today. Has the franchise ever recovered?
    it was more us trading Randy Johnson to the Astro's for freddy garcia and carlos guillen that we have never really recovered from should of extended his contract!...if we had the Big Unit in 2001 we would have a World Series championship probably that same year the D'Backs won and we had 116 wins

if they would of made Safeco more hitter Friendly then Pitcher, we'd have a better team ever since the Kingdom i feel we never get as far as we should 116wins not a series win......

Kingdome was the $H!T i was in the closest spot spectators could be in, with my parents to the kingdom when it got imploded, my dad use to work at the kingdome i use to run around the whole thing for hours while he worked, one of my best child hood memories! Funny thing is i probably have some kingdome still in my lungs lol

25 years ago today, the Brewers and Mariners had a big brawl at the Kingdome. One of the articles mentioned that a Brewers player was surprised to have an elderly woman hit him with a purse after he had pinned Alvin Davis against a railing. Check itout, it's on YouTube.

Harold Reynolds mentioned on the Fox telecast Saturday about playing in front of 70,000 fans on the 4th of July in Cleveland and the next day playing in front of 5,000. Well, that just did not happen, on July 4, 1990, the Mariners played at Cleveland in front of a crowd of 14,968, although the game before on July 3, 1990, the attendance was 45,242.

Since it was announced that Randy Johnson will be inducted into the Hall of Fame with a D-Backs cap and joined their front office, he has become persona non grata to to the Seattle Mariners. No countdown or anything celebrating the Mariners' best pitcher.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast