Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Cole Hamels???

Cole Hamels???

Preller is at is again and now reportedly has an appetite for the ace pitcher from Philadelphia. What would you give up??

Here are a few deals

1.)Cole Hamels & Cash (15-20 mil) =

Wil Myers+1 of our elite prospects ts (P-Wisler, C- Hedges, OF-Renfroe) +1or 2 midrange prospects.

or

2.) Two of Hedges, Wisler, Renfroe +2 midrange prospects...

Quote Originally Posted by bolts4ever View Post
    Preller is at is again and now reportedly has an appetite for the ace pitcher from Philadelphia. What would you give up??

Here are a few deals

1.)Cole Hamels & Cash (15-20 mil) =

Wil Myers+1 of our elite prospects ts (P-Wisler, C- Hedges, OF-Renfroe) +1or 2 midrange prospects.

or

2.) Two of Hedges, Wisler, Renfroe +2 midrange prospects...
    If Preller is truly lookinginto this deal, which I wouldn't have believed a year ago but based on what I've seen recently I do now, they must believe they can win big now with the pieces they've acquired. I don't like the idea of giving up more prospects but it that is really the case I would say option 2 with some cash coming back. I don't like the idea of flipping Myers at all. If they could do this without including him this pushes the padres into next level status.

I think Hamels would definitely be happy to come back to his hometown and pitch in a very pitcher friendly ball park. Especially now that his hometown team looks to be a potential contender.

That having been said, I have no problem trading away prospects to get him. The problem I see in that is I'm not sure Cole Hamels is worth his 20+ million a year contract and I'm not sure it's worth it for the Padres to take over that contract unless the Phillies can do something similar that the Dodgers did in the Kemp deal.

Interesting development with the Seth Smith trade...Brandon Maurer is a great bullpen arm...Could make Benoit expendable.....

I they deal Benoit and either Maybin/Quentin it would clear more than 20mil to lessen the burden of Hamels salary.

Quote Originally Posted by bolts4ever View Post
    Interesting development with the Seth Smith trade...Brandon Maurer is a great bullpen arm...Could make Benoit expendable.....

I they deal Benoit and either Maybin/Quentin it would clear more than 20mil to lessen the burden of Hamels salary.
    Or Maurer, with his almost zero years service time.. could be added to a package that would be part of the Hamels Deal.. Maurer wore out his welcome as a starters.. The Phillies just need to see he has a big arm..some success as a reliever.. and he could become part of the package while solving the glut of OF'ers on the forty man roster..

This is a good deal either way for the Padres.. Seth Smith, won't be missed..