Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Kemp needs a Bodyguard....

I'm incredibly excited to have Kemp here now we have to make sure he can be successful....Our front office has made it clear they will add another bat for his protection Sooooooo.....Name some candidates you would like to see added...

My List
    1.) ATL OF-Justin Upton
    2.)COL OF- Carlos Gonzales
    3.) COL 1B- Justin Monroe
    4.) CIN OF- Jay Bruce
    5.) PIT 3B/1B- Pedro Alvarez

Looking at the transactions yesterday...I'm pretty confident Jay Bruce is the guy. Reds just dealt 2 starters and I could see a deal built around Wisler or Hahn..

Any one of those 5 would make the lineup much better and give Kemp protection. Couple of those need to stay healthy like Cargo.

I think it's gonna be an outfielder so I would also go with Jay Bruce. J Up will be too expensive I think.

Make Pete Rose An Offer He Cannot Refuse

Long time Dodger fan here and big time Kemp fan so needless to say, the Pads are on my radar. I am older so I remember the O'Malley days and am also a fan of Logan White. So now I have two teams to root for and would like to see Upton along with another infield bat.

Braves fan here. Congrats on Kemp. I think Upton is a perfect fit in that lineup as well. I don't know how much you guys value your specs, but does a package Of Jesse Hahn/Wisler + Rymer Liriano For Upton + mid level prospect seem fair?

Thanks westside. Your proposed trade is not completely out of line, if the Padres were able to extend Upton. I seriously doubt they give up their #1 pitching prospect AND #1 hitting prospect. I would hate to see Hahn go, as I think the guy is a stud. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by globalform View Post
    Thanks westside. Your proposed trade is not completely out of line, if the Padres were able to extend Upton. I seriously doubt they give up their #1 pitching prospect AND #1 hitting prospect. I would hate to see Hahn go, as I think the guy is a stud. We'll see.
    Thanks for the response. I doubt Liriano would be apart of the deal anyway. But we'll see soon

So Wil Myers is our 2nd big slugger acquired....Seems like we gave up a ton...

Can't lie I do think know much about this Myers kid other than he was a highly regarded prospect who had some injuries last year..

You did give up a ton but it was for a 24 year old power hitter with five years of team control.... that's about the going price these days

Make Pete Rose An Offer He Cannot Refuse