Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'd love Harbaugh honestly

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I also think he's over rated as a coach.
    Lane Kiffin would have won with that roster and world class defense. If anything we should be targeting their GM, Trent Baalke. But that will never happen.

1: Harbaugh. Elite coach with a crazy streak. I don't think the Giants need anything more than some high powered unpredictability.

2: Bowles. Best defensive mind on the market. Only negative is lack of HC experience. This would allow Mac to run the offense unfettered. A great scenario, should it play out.

3: Cowher. Defensive coach with the gravitas to take hold of the locker room from day one.

Jim Harbaugh would be good. But #2 that choice in Bowles due to the fact of a lack of HC experience. With new blood. Think that BC has been retired and likes broadcasting a lot.

I'm not convinced Harbaugh is an "elite" coach. He was given the keys to a Ferrari when he got to San Francisco and recruitment set him up well in Stanford.

Let's see what he can do with the Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I'm not convinced Harbaugh is an "elite" coach. He was given the keys to a Ferrari when he got to San Francisco and recruitment set him up well in Stanford.

Let's see what he can do with the Raiders.
    He is not elite. I will give him the fact that players do like playing for him, but all that is ruin by his **** attitude so it's essentially a wash.

Quote Originally Posted by YesMcCann View Post
    1: Harbaugh. Elite coach with a crazy streak. I don't think the Giants need anything more than some high powered unpredictability.

2: Bowles. Best defensive mind on the market. Only negative is lack of HC experience. This would allow Mac to run the offense unfettered. A great scenario, should it play out.

3: Cowher. Defensive coach with the gravitas to take hold of the locker room from day one.
    I do not know that much about Bowles but I will accept your statement that he is the ," best defensive mind on the market".

That said, a great defensive coach does not necessarily make a great HC, see Bill Arnsbarger and Buddy Ryan, 2 of the GREAT defensive coaches of all time but yet failed as a head coach.

That's what I want to happen, but I have a feeling TC comes back for another year to groom Mac for the big seat.

Harbaugh is obviously a good coach but I think guys like him wear out their welcome very quickly wherever they go.

The act gets thin fast.

If the Giants move on from Coughlin, I'd rather it be with someone who fits the mold of a steady leader for years. I don't want a 1 year fix. I want another 10 year guy.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Yeah we kinda have this going in the TC thread, but this season is dead and I think we can update Coughlin status in that one and have a wishlist here.

I'd have to think about this a bit. I think a lot of people immediately jump to the names we discussed in 2010 when everyone wanted Coughlin gone......Cowher, Charlie Weiss, etc.

Honestly, I still want Coughlin another year, so long as Fewell is replaced with a MUCH more aggressive DC who can stop today's style offenses (Rex, Spags, McDermott, whoever) and I want Quinn gone. If I remember correctly, I think both of those guys have expiring contracts this year, which means nobody really even has to be the bad guy. They can let them walk

So yeah, don't even care who the HC is, as long as the DC error is fixed.

Hopefully a spot in the first row on the Giants sideline, with minimal accountability. I can be director of hydration management. "Beer me"
    This one more year thing is more like one last SB instead of building towards the future. I personally would go after Bill Cowher to be the next HC of the NY Giants...first choice!

....second choice would be to go after Nick Saban to be HC....

...Now, I'm not totally against Coughlin coming back one more year but we must replace Fewell and Quinn. Bring back Spagnuolo as the new d coordinator ensuring him the opportunity to succeed TC when he retires. Replace Quinn with anybody.

But I'm sure some more moves will be made just like last year.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    This one more year thing is more like one last SB instead of building towards the future. I personally would go after Bill Cowher to be the next HC of the NY Giants...first choice!

....second choice would be to go after Nick Saban to be HC....

...Now, I'm not totally against Coughlin coming back one more year but we must replace Fewell and Quinn. Bring back Spagnuolo as the new d coordinator ensuring him the opportunity to succeed TC when he retires. Replace Quinn with anybody.

But I'm sure some more moves will be made just like last year.
    Uh Oh, you are going to invoke the wrath of GGGGG-Men! You can't say the B C words around here.

Cowher hasn't coached in 8 years.

The guy was a great coach and I'm not saying he can't coach anymore, but 8 years out of any line of work is not a good thing.

He seems to have gone the way of Jimmy Johnson and Brian Billick.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Cowher hasn't coached in 8 years.

The guy was a great coach and I'm not saying he can't coach anymore, but 8 years out of any line of work is not a good thing.

He seems to have gone the way of Jimmy Johnson and Brian Billick.

Nick Saban, Sean Payton

Pat Riley, Davey Johnson

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast