Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Who Would You Want as HC if Tom is let go ?

If the moderators want to put this in the Tom Coughlin post sobeit , but I think it would garner more discussion if left alone.

If Tom is let go , who would you want to see as the new head coach?

What if they let Reese go, then who ?

.Sean. For head coach and GM Job!

Well let me say that I'd hate to see Coughlin go. I don't think the guy suddenly forgot how to coach - I just think he's a victim of some bad rosters, significant injuries and a tentative defensive coordinator.

But if he's gone, I would love to pry Jeff Fisher away from the Rams - though pigs will probably fly before that happening. And since we're playing fantasy GM, I'd bring in Rex as the DC to work with Fisher as HC, leaving Macadoo alone to run the offense without restriction.

Fisher has strong ties to the Ryans and it would be an intriguing duo to land.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    .Sean. For head coach and GM Job!
    And here I thought that I might get an intelligent discussion going. Well so much for that !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    And here I thought that I might get an intelligent discussion going. Well so much for that !!!
    I'm serious.

I'm serious.
    As I previously posted, I was hoping to get a serious discussion going, but it looks like that will not happen.

I'm serious.
    The question is though, who would Sean then hire as OC / DC?? I guess Seans hiring might put GGGG in a good spot

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    As I previously posted, I was hoping to get a serious discussion going, but it looks like that will not happen.
    And as I previously posted. I would want

.Sean. To get the job.

Brian Kelly or Todd Bowles

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    Brian Kelly or Todd Bowles
    Bowles would be an interesting hire. I would prefer to have him as our DC. Young rookie HC scare me. Tomlin did well in Pittsburgh but Rahim, lane, McDaniels did not.

I am not sure about Brian Kelly. Last thing I want is for Beason to end up with some crazy fake Internet girlfriend story.

Yeah we kinda have this going in the TC thread, but this season is dead and I think we can update Coughlin status in that one and have a wishlist here.

I'd have to think about this a bit. I think a lot of people immediately jump to the names we discussed in 2010 when everyone wanted Coughlin gone......Cowher, Charlie Weiss, etc.

Honestly, I still want Coughlin another year, so long as Fewell is replaced with a MUCH more aggressive DC who can stop today's style offenses (Rex, Spags, McDermott, whoever) and I want Quinn gone. If I remember correctly, I think both of those guys have expiring contracts this year, which means nobody really even has to be the bad guy. They can let them walk.

So yeah, don't even care who the HC is, as long as the DC error is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    The question is though, who would Sean then hire as OC / DC?? I guess Seans hiring might put GGGG in a good spot
    Hopefully a spot in the first row on the Giants sideline, with minimal accountability. I can be director of hydration management. "Beer me"

I like Bowles. It'd be an impossibility to get him as a DC. He just signed a big extension as the Cards DC and would only leave for an upper end head coaching job IMO. He's also from Elizabeth NJ which is right by Giants Stadium (ugh, MetLife) and was an UDFA from a smaller school who played a while in the NFL and is respected by players for that and how he relates. One of their DBs also said he's like an offensive coach in how he creates gameplans around exploiting players skillsets. Thats the best type of coach, IMO. I just don't know how involved he'd be in the defense once he becomes a head coach. I'd be all for it, he's one of my favorites if it were to come to replacing Coughlin.

Quite frankly, though, assuming we don't screw up massively this offseason and/or get destroyed by injuries for a 3rd year in a row, whoever is the coach should be in a pretty good position to succeed IMO. This roster is not desolate once recovered from injuries.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

What about Harbaugh if he's let go? His (dis)loyalty would be a concern, but isn't he the most proven coach out there? Not sure if he'd come here though. For what it's worth (nothing), SVP & Russilo actually just settled on us as his best option while I was watching them just now lol

Quote Originally Posted by CommonSense11 View Post
    What about Harbaugh if he's let go? His (dis)loyalty would be a concern, but isn't he the most proven coach out there? Not sure if he'd come here though. For what it's worth (nothing), SVP & Russilo actually just settled on us as his best option while I was watching them just now lol
    Nah. Too hot headed for the Giants taste IMO.

And can you imagine him trying to do that ridiculous shoulder pounding with Eli before every game?

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Nah. Too hot headed for the Giants taste IMO.

And can you imagine him trying to do that ridiculous shoulder pounding with Eli before every game?
    I also think he's over rated as a coach.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast