Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 441 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    I really don't want to trade Norris. Or stroman of course.

Why was Latos barely getting it up to 90 last year? Whiffs predictably way down too. Some bad Josh Johnson-y vibes from that one.

I would be wary of dealing any of Stroman, Sanchez or Norris. Having three (4 if you include Hutch) cost-controlled starting pitchers with plenty of control and great stuff is a great start to a rotation. Each of the the 3 have the upside to be #2s..potentially #1 if everything breaks right for one of them..

Stroman looked terrific this year, and he's probably got a lower ceiling than Sanchez and Norris.

The Rays were able to compete with young, talented starters, and I think that these guys should be afforded the opportunity to show they belong.

Now obviously if you get the right offer, you have to consider moving them, but I'd be pretty interested to hear what type of piece we could acquire if we offered Norris/Sanchez up in a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jet11 View Post
    I would be wary of dealing any of Stroman, Sanchez or Norris. Having three (4 if you include Hutch) cost-controlled starting pitchers with plenty of control and great stuff is a great start to a rotation. Each of the the 3 have the upside to be #2s..potentially #1 if everything breaks right for one of them..

Stroman looked terrific this year, and he's probably got a lower ceiling than Sanchez and Norris.
    I'm get nervous thinking of in Jays talented pitching.

remember Macgown, Marcum , Jessie etc with the tommy johns and such.

then 2013, the jays had Morrow, Johnson, Romero - all once top of the rotation guys - and Jays got nothing from them. How many teams can say that and still expect to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    Why was Latos barely getting it up to 90 last year? Whiffs predictably way down too. Some bad Josh Johnson-y vibes from that one.
    yup exactly what i said when people were bringing up his name as a possible guy to target a few months ago

its nice to take a chance on guys like that but not for a top prospect

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/11/25...ome-jays-bruce

I lolled when they said Alex Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post

I'd trade Alex Sanchez. Our first rounder from 1987...Something tells me he's not gonna pan out...but if Cinci wants him...

some players are late bloomers. Look at EE, Joey etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post

Why they call about Bruce when said in other thread we are on his no-trade list. Last thing you want are players who don't want to play here. If need a bat ask about Votto? Where he is from Toronto one of the few who will accept trade here. He had a down year, his value is at low

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Why they call about Bruce when said in other thread we are on his no-trade list. Last thing you want are players who don't want to play here. If need a bat ask about Votto? Where he is from Toronto one of the few who will accept trade here. He had a down year, his value is at low
    Both Votto and Bruce.

As for inquiring about him...you don't just ignore players because they have a no-trade clause. You still talk to the club...see if there's a fit with players...and then if there's something there, then you ask to speak to the player/agent and make your pitch and see if you can convince them or entice them to waive it...maybe another year added to the deal...or just educate them on why their no-trade request was misguided.

I'd grab Bruce on the cheap...no doubt. One off year doesn't mean it's over. Players have down years. Kids got serious pop and would be a great addition to LF and in that #5 hole.

All this said, I don't see it happening...but that's the type of player that I'd be excited about landing.

Because if he is willing to waive that clause to come here, then it would show he wants to be here. Guys do waive them all the time, not for us, but for other teams.

Would love Votto but that contract is really looking awful. 213 million over next ten years including the 7 million buy out of the 2024 option ouch. He's already 31!

http://www.rantsports.com/mlb/2014/0...ati-reds-fans/

I wonder if Reds would consider eating a good chunk of his contract??

Reyes Melky Votto Bautista Encarnacion Martin Lawrie Izturis Pompey Then just add Lester and Miller aaaahh how nice it is to dream!!!
    Last edited by armchairgm; 11-27-2014 at 04:59 AM.
    Vancouver Canucks
    Toronto Blue Jays
    San Francisco 49's

Unless Cincy ate the last 3 years of that contract(yeah right) I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole.

if votto weren't Canadian, his name and contract would never even be considered.

Quote Originally Posted by ocanada View Post
    if votto weren't Canadian, his name and contract would never even be considered.
    Maybe his contract is ridiculous but being Canadian has nothing to do with wanting Votto here, he had an injury riddled year last season but he is an absolute monster lefty bat who gets on base better then Jose and a great defensive 1B. He would be amazing here I don't care if he's Turkestan or Canada he might be the best fit in between Bats and EE you could find.

Page 2 of 441 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast