Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 437 of 440 FirstFirst ... 337387427435436437438439 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,555 of 6598
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    For what? We arenít even in the WC hunt and heís a FA at seasons end. Get whatever you can for him.
    If you Can't get much? Get the starts out of Happ and increase odds of re-signing him.

Quote Originally Posted by FLeays View Post
    You may get 25-30 from Hernandez in LF so I'd be Ok with that. I'm more worried about defense though. And if we're getting good power from the infield then I'd like to see one of those OF position set the table for the big bats at the top of the order.
    Pillar/Alford should be fantastic defense. Hernandez is pretty bad at defense but he has to play somewhere and LF is as good a place as any.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    If you Can't get much? Get the starts out of Happ and increase odds of re-signing him.
    He's 35 and we aren't going to be anywhere near the playoffs for the next year or two at least. We could try and re-sign him in the off-season either way but we NEED to get something for him. If you saw his interview after getting tagged by the Yanks you get the vibe that he wants to play for a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    He's 35 and we aren't going to be anywhere near the playoffs for the next year or two at least. We could try and re-sign him in the off-season either way but we NEED to get something for him. If you saw his interview after getting tagged by the Yanks you get the vibe that he wants to play for a winner.
    Yeah, well sounds you better prepare to be disappointed with the return

Yeah, well sounds you better prepare to be disappointed with the return
    I would be far more disappointed if he was still in a Jays uni come August.

I'll be disappointed if they don't sell all potential free agents to open as many spots up on the roster for September experience and stockpile as many assets as they can for future trades if they don't make it into their future plans. In two years this team is going to look a lot different, and the more ammo they have the better.

Me too. Iíd even float Stromanís name and see what you could get for him. It would have to be A LOT but if you get overwhelmed, I would do it.

As for Happ, if they can get a top 100 spec then Iíd call it a win.

Iíd also really consider trading Tepera as well

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Me too. Iíd even float Stromanís name and see what you could get for him. It would have to be A LOT but if you get overwhelmed, I would do it.

As for Happ, if they can get a top 100 spec then Iíd call it a win.
    Stroman is last guy I would trade. He is what we are looking for. Starting pitcher, young, controllable and cheap.

Way they talk doubt you will get a top 100 prospect for Happ. He has been hammered last 4 outings, in allowing 20 runs not getting out of 3 inning in last start. If Jays traded him a month ago return be much higher.

Stroman is last guy I would trade. He is what we are looking for. Starting pitcher, young, controllable and cheap.

Way they talk doubt you will get a top 100 prospect for Happ. He has been hammered last 4 outings, in allowing 20 runs not getting out of 3 inning in last start. If Jays traded him a month ago return be much higher.
    No one on the 25 man is untouchable as far as Iím concerned. If the Astros offered Whitley and Tucker for Stroman, you wouldnít do it? Itís something I would think long and hard about. Of course it would have to be the right package, but I would have no problem moving him.

As for Happ, his value has dropped but if he puts together 3 good starts before the T.D. then he should recoup some of that value. But your right, he has dipped in he last few weeks.

It's time to start tanking!!! If they trade everyone away they could land a top 5 pick to stock the cupboards up even more.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    It's time to start tanking!!! If they trade everyone away they could land a top 5 pick to stock the cupboards up even more.
    Exactly. Even if you get diminished returns for the vets, the pick should be the top acquisition that comes out of the trade deadline deals.

I dont even want a pitcher with that pick. Give me another everyday player please. We can fill the pitching holes when we're ready. similar to how the cubs did it. Pitchers are too volitile and hard to project.

No idea who I want to draft next year..lol but I could see them going either way depending on who is available. I don't care if they get an impact arm or another impact bat, just hit on the pick. Thank god they have found talent later on over the past decade because their history with their 1st round picks has been absolutely awful. Especially if you take away the comp picks they had. Hopefully Groshans, Warmoth, Pearson and Zeuch are the beginning of a new trend though moving forward, especially Pearson. He has the stuff to turn into a TORP in a few years if he can stay healthy.

If they draft in the top 5, they have to hit on that pick. My preferences though would be a starter with electric stuff or a big, strong CF who can rake. Their depth in the OF is pretty weak...especially in the lower levels.

Back to trade ideas....I wonder if we could pry Josh James away from Houston somehow for some help during their playoff run this year. He is blowing minor league hitters away this year with a fastball that has dramatically improved in velocity since he was drafted. The Astros likely just promote him in Sept and use him out of the bullpen down the stretch, but if it's possible that is the arm I would like them to target.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    No one on the 25 man is untouchable as far as Iím concerned. If the Astros offered Whitley and Tucker for Stroman, you wouldnít do it? Itís something I would think long and hard about. Of course it would have to be the right package, but I would have no problem moving him.

As for Happ, his value has dropped but if he puts together 3 good starts before the T.D. then he should recoup some of that value. But your right, he has dipped in he last few weeks.
    I don't know Astros prospects that well, but I would be very skeptic on trading Stroman. No way I would trade him for prospects. For majority of prospects don't pan out. Alex Anthopoulos was on at the letters last week, he said why he traded so many prospects he knew majority would bust. He said he seen it before with the Brett Lawries, Drabeks, Travis Sniders and Romeros types. He had them all once before, he thought they were going to be big pieces of Jays future only to flame out.

In fact, I would be looking to add a Stroman type. Either now or during the off season. A young, controllable pitcher who is MLB proven. Just me, but I could find one to round out a decent rotation. I would take the 33 million we are presently paying Happ, Estrada and Garcia and pursue a big name free agent to build around Guerrero with.
    Last edited by Robbie; 07-12-2018 at 06:09 AM.

I would love to pry Josh James out via trade at the deadline. If JD accepts his QO, then pry Charlie Morton away from the Astros in FA and bring back Happ. They are older, but they are both still on top of their games.

Another intriguing name from the Houston system is Rogelio Armenteros from Havana. Dude is 15-1 in the PCL over the past 2 seasons (24 starts) with an ERA of 2.92 and 150 K's in 132 IP. He isn't a flame thrower, but dude knows how to pitch, he strikes people out and has kept the ball in the yard pretty well in the PCL. The Astros don't have any room in their rotation for him, but he may be the heir apparent to Charlie Morton or Dallas Keuchel. Either way, that franchise is a goldmine of pitching right now and they don't play in this division like NY.