Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 366 of 393 FirstFirst ... 266316356364365366367368376 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,490 of 5884
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    Oh god. Trying to have a conversation with you Mike is just way to painful. So yeah sure whatever you say.
    haha welcome to my world.. i'd like to think that even when I was viewed as this forum's bad guy, i still made good points. It seems like mike is better suited taking his talent to an accounting/taxation forum because thats the only topic he seems to actually understand

To me Sanchez and Stroman are definitely off limits (unless you get a crazy package back). Osuna would also be my no-trade list as a guy who could potentially be a generational closer... only at 22 he has many years left.

I would dangle almost anyone else.

The whole topic of Fulmer being a trade target is sparked from more then one source saying it was a possibility and that Christopher llitch is desperately trying to clear some payroll and would be willing to attach Fulmer to a trade if possible.
    Well yeah if a team is desperately trying to clear salary then that would be the only way. But for me personally I wouldn't do it. Young arms are the most coveted piece for any franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    haha welcome to my world.. i'd like to think that even when I was viewed as this forum's bad guy, i still made good points. It seems like mike is better suited taking his talent to an accounting/taxation forum because thats the only topic he seems to actually understand
    Your points were valid ..... It's your angry tirades that got some people irked.... You've gotten better though

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Well yeah if a team is desperately trying to clear salary then that would be the only way. But for me personally I wouldn't do it. Young arms are the most coveted piece for any franchise.
    I like Fulmer but is it worth paying $25 mil+ for the next three years to get him (if they take Zimmerman) or worse with Miggy?

I mean if it means trading no prospects (maybe your 35th top prospect) I would consider it.... I mean you get Fulmer for 4 more years and if Fulmer was on the open market his fair value would be about $27 mil or so... so I would consider it if I was the Jays, just a matter of what they'd pay that much for one guy...I mean luckily for the Jays much of their top guys are arb/pre-arb controlled anyways. Martin at $20 and Morales at $11 mil off the books at the end of 2019 which would pay for Fulmer himself as he gets more expensive during arb.

I dunno... interesting one...Fulmer does have elbow issues starting so a team has to be cautious about that...
    Last edited by Sanyo; 09-11-2017 at 08:30 PM.

Trade Ideas Thread III

There not just starting he's having surgery and out for the season. It's not real serious but he will be out for 4 months and should be ready to go spring training next year.
    Last edited by LanceUpperCut; 09-11-2017 at 08:57 PM.

Trade Ideas Thread III

But I'd easily take on Zimmerman and still give up a nice package of prospects. Just wouldn't include are top 4.

But I'd easily take on Zimmerman and still give up a nice package of prospects. Just wouldn't include are top 4.
    Who's your top 4? Bo,jr,Alford Pearce?

Trade Ideas Thread III

Yup Vlad-BO-Pearson-AA

nope thats still nuts.. Fulmer isn't exactly a can't miss ace.. Hes probably a 2. I would much rather sign a #3 starter rather than take on Zimmerman's contract because then ur basically stuck starting one of the worst starters in baseball every 5th day

his career XFIP is over 4 .. he has outperformed his peripherals so far

Despite the stuff, a 6.23 K rate doesn't scream top of the rotation starter
    Last edited by bomber0104; 09-11-2017 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    I like Fulmer but is it worth paying $25 mil+ for the next three years to get him (if they take Zimmerman) or worse with Miggy?

I mean if it means trading no prospects (maybe your 35th top prospect) I would consider it.... I mean you get Fulmer for 4 more years and if Fulmer was on the open market his fair value would be about $27 mil or so... so I would consider it if I was the Jays, just a matter of what they'd pay that much for one guy...I mean luckily for the Jays much of their top guys are arb/pre-arb controlled anyways. Martin at $20 and Morales at $11 mil off the books at the end of 2019 which would pay for Fulmer himself as he gets more expensive during arb.

I dunno... interesting one...Fulmer does have elbow issues starting so a team has to be cautious about that...
    With the recent surgery I wouldn't be targeting him. If he was fully healthy then I'd consider taking on Zimmerman but not Miggy. Not with that insane deal and with Smoak currently at 1B with Rowdy and potentially Vladdy Jr waiting in line. We also have Morales clogging up the DH who I admit had a bad season but have not given up on yet.

Morales isn't having too bad of a season. It's on the low end of what we expected. I don't think he's cost us any games, he's only contributed to wins.

Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    Based on that I guess you think Sanchez isn't worth squat then? Because that's basically what you're saying. You don't judge young top of the rotation pitchers like that. They're too valuable

By your definition Sanchez at 1-3 on a much better team, is much worse than Fulmer at 10-12 on a much worse team

would you trade Sanchez to get rid of Morales contract? Because that's an equivalent example!!! Of course you wouldnt.
    I don't think many people would see that as an equivalent example. Even if you put aside a Fulmer/Sanchez comparison in which most people would prefer Sanchez, the dollars aren't close to the same. If we are talking Zimmerman, the difference in money owed to Zimmerman over the money owed to Morales is over $50 million dollars. In no world is 23 million and 74 miilion "equivalent." I understand the point you are trying to make, but you are pushing it too far into the extreme and critiquing the extreme you've created.

Obviously it is all speculation what the Tigers would consider doing. Regarding Miggy, I agree, no chance this administration will touch the contract (and they shouldn't). Even Zimmerman is unlikely IMO. Already owing inflated money to Martin, Tulo, Morales, I doubt they'd want to add another name to the list.

I like Fulmer, but his value goes way down with season ending elbow surgery for me. I'd need to see him pitch in the bigs before I would give up anything of value. But if they wanted to attach him to a bad contract and give him up for nothing, I would at least think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Morales isn't having too bad of a season. It's on the low end of what we expected. I don't think he's cost us any games, he's only contributed to wins.
    His MO was his ability to hit with RISP and he's been **** in that department this year. Aside from that, he has gotten a lot of late game HRs in tight spots. But still, 78 RBI midway through September isn't what I was expecting from Morales. Granted the lineup dealt with injuries all year but his .212BA with RISP is awful.