Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 365 of 371 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,475 of 5559
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Urena's been pretty good since coming up... dont know what you do next year. Tulo with 3 years is not only blocking Urena but potentially Warmoth...

I would assume eventually they either tell Tulo's he's backing up or move him to 2nd base... even 3rd base if Donaldson gets moved for some reason (some team dangles their A+ prospect, not likely but can dream).
    Tulo will be on injury list more of the time than not, so not concerned with him blocking anybody. However, how about switching Bo to 2b? Urena looks to be the real deal and has better glove than Bo.

Urena is prime trade bait this off season imo

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    Urena is prime trade bait this off season imo
    With Tulos Contract .. yah I would say so too .

Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    Well Alford is a top 50 spec and anyone of those other guys could be considered as a top 100 guy. Along with Fulmer having a pretty bad year, me saying we would take back Zimmerman and his horrible deal along with Fulmer going to see Dr. James Andrews I don't think it's that ridiculous.

Now would I trade Sanchez or Stroman to a team for a top 50 spec and two of there top ten specs of my choice along with taking back a contract like Tulo's well I wouldn't hang up for sure.
    I understand your logic and in most situations I'd agree but not with young stud pitchers like Stroman, Sanchez and Fulmer. Every team wants young arms and all 3 of those guys have proven they can pitch at the major league level. Personally I wouldn't deal Stroman or Sanchez unless we're getting back a recent Cy Young winner and there's no chance I'd deal either of those guys with a bad deal just to shed salary. Now a player like Smoak or Pillar? I'd definitely listen.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Well Alford is a top 50 spec and anyone of those other guys could be considered as a top 100 guy. Along with Fulmer having a pretty bad year, me saying we would take back Zimmerman and his horrible deal along with Fulmer going to see Dr. James Andrews I don't think it's that ridiculous.

Now would I trade Sanchez or Stroman to a team for a top 50 spec and two of there top ten specs of my choice along with taking back a contract like Tulo's well I wouldn't hang up for sure.
    I understand your logic and in most situations I'd agree but not with young stud pitchers like Stroman, Sanchez and Fulmer. Every team wants young arms and all 3 of those guys have proven they can pitch at the major league level. Personally I wouldn't deal Stroman or Sanchez unless we're getting back a recent Cy Young winner and there's no chance I'd deal either of those guys with a bad deal just to shed salary. Now a player like Smoak or Pillar? I'd definitely listen.
    The whole topic of Fulmer being a trade target is sparked from more then one source saying it was a possibility and that Christopher llitch is desperately trying to clear some payroll and would be willing to attach Fulmer to a trade if possible.

Exactly. every team craves young cost controlled starters. Fortunately we have 2 very good ones and I suspect that is why they are determined to try and convert Biagini. Teams just don't trade them unless they feel they have injury issues like Gray. Look at us, Sanchez had what 4 trips to the DL, but we won't move him....we'd be crazy to because the cost to replace him would be to high.

Fuller is a horse, he's lost 6 of his last 7 decisions not because he's pitched bad but because Detroit has been in freefall since trading JD Martinez, Avila, Justin Wilson, their closer, Verlander and Victor Martinez to injury. They're like 20 games under .500 since June. Of course a pitcher will try to do too much in that situation.

Trade Ideas Thread III

Fulmer is great but he has pitched bad post All-star game and has a been on the DL for the last 3-4 starts and he might not make it back soon either.

The whole topic of Fulmer being a trade target is sparked from more then one source saying it was a possibility and that Christopher llitch is desperately trying to clear some payroll and would be willing to attach Fulmer to a trade if possible.
    That may be valid because of pending estate taxes, but that's not Zimmerman territory lance. That's Miguel Cabrera aged 34 owed 248M until 2023 territory. Do you see Shapiro going near that contract? I certainly dont. As bad as Zimmerman has been his contract isn't that far above what an innings eater makes, maybe 5 million a season for 3 years

If they're looking to move a contract and tie Fuller to it, as an inducement, the contract they want to move is Cabrera's

Fulmer is great but he has pitched bad post All-star game and has a been on the DL for the last 3-4 starts and he might not make it back soon either.
    Based on that I guess you think Sanchez isn't worth squat then? Because that's basically what you're saying. You don't judge young top of the rotation pitchers like that. They're too valuable

By your definition Sanchez at 1-3 on a much better team, is much worse than Fulmer at 10-12 on a much worse team

would you trade Sanchez to get rid of Morales contract? Because that's an equivalent example!!! Of course you wouldnt.
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 09-10-2017 at 08:25 PM.

Trade Ideas Thread III

No you wrote a post saying Fulmer has lost 6 of 7 but not because he's pitched bad. And I said he has which he has not sure how you confuse that with whatever crap you wrote about Sanchez.

And yes I'm basing the pitching bad on the fact he's been pitching bad and not by his win loss record on a crap team. Unless you think a 6.15era is good.
    Last edited by LanceUpperCut; 09-10-2017 at 08:36 PM.

Get it straight idiot since the all star break when he was 9-6 Detroit has cratered. they traded their #1 catcher all star al avila. So they've been starting a rookie. You have no idea what you're talking about. Sanchez is 1-3
    fulmer is 10-12 So by YOUR OWN definition Sanchez must be absolute garbage

If Cabrera is who Detroit insists on taking in order to get Fulmer it makes little sense for this team to do it. It is possible Cabrera is a nothing player at this point. You would be paying more in Cabrera's contract than the value Fulmer would likely provide in his controlled years.

Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    Based on that I guess you think Sanchez isn't worth squat then? Because that's basically what you're saying. You don't judge young top of the rotation pitchers like that. They're too valuable

By your definition Sanchez at 1-3 on a much better team, is much worse than Fulmer at 10-12 on a much worse team

would you trade Sanchez to get rid of Morales contract? Because that's an equivalent example!!! Of course you wouldnt.
    Oh god. Trying to have a conversation with you Mike is just way to painful. So yeah sure whatever you say.

Trade Ideas Thread III

Twitchy Come back to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    If Cabrera is who Detroit insists on taking in order to get Fulmer it makes little sense for this team to do it. It is possible Cabrera is a nothing player at this point. You would be paying more in Cabrera's contract than the value Fulmer would likely provide in his controlled years.
    One executive said he received a concept from Detroit in which perhaps Fulmer would be available if the acquiring team agreed to take on a bad contract in addition, such as the one belonging to Jordan Zimmermann or Justin Upton.”

Is it true? Probably not but that's what was written so it's not just the big idiot me making **** up.