Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 363 of 393 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,445 of 5893

Trade Ideas Thread III

Why wouldn't you? Tulo is exactly the type of guy I'd want my young guys to look up too. Him and Martin are the two best role models this team has had in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    Why wouldn't you? Tulo is exactly the type of guy I'd want my young guys to look up too. Him and Martin are the two best role models this team has had in a while.
    Agreed, but hopefully they don't learn how to get hurt from them too.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Tulo is a grumpy old **** now. I believe he is still a good leader of men, but i do not trust him to lead them in a 'Blue Jays till I die' direction. He is scorn by the business of baseball and I'm sure half of his hate for coming to Toronto was that now half of his cheque goes to the government. I bet he would retire if he wasn't collecting decent pay cheques.
    Just my opinion, but he doesn't seem to love Baseball anymore.

Chong I don't think tulo's anger is Toronto based. He was lied to by the Montforts (the Rockies ownership) being told he was a Rockie for life. And signed for less than he could have because of that. There were reports the Giants were heavily after him at the time.

You can understand his feelings of betrayal in that situation

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Tulo is a grumpy old **** now. I believe he is still a good leader of men, but i do not trust him to lead them in a 'Blue Jays till I die' direction. He is scorn by the business of baseball and I'm sure half of his hate for coming to Toronto was that now half of his cheque goes to the government. I bet he would retire if he wasn't collecting decent pay cheques.
    Just my opinion, but he doesn't seem to love Baseball anymore.
    Tulo is the epitome of a "professional" baseball player. The dude has had injuries, but his work ethic and attitude have never been in question. According to his teammates no one competes harder between the white lines than Tulo. Guys like him and Donaldson are the guys you want leading your clubhouse.

It's too bad we never got to see the good Tulo for any extended periods of time. The guy was one of the best hitters in the game before he came to the jays in 2015. We knew he would regress some changing leagues and leaving Coors field, but he isn't a sub .700 OPS hitter like we saw this season. This guy put up 5 seasons with an OPS north of .900 in a span of 6 years, and the only one he didn't finish above .900 was an injury shortened season where he only played 47 games.

What we need is to hit him 3rd or 4th like he used to in Colorado. Even just last year he hit 24 bombs and drove in 79 runs in 131 games hitting behind EE (who was driving in everything). Put him where he has been successful for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Tulo is the epitome of a "professional" baseball player. The dude has had injuries, but his work ethic and attitude have never been in question. According to his teammates no one competes harder between the white lines than Tulo. Guys like him and Donaldson are the guys you want leading your clubhouse.

It's too bad we never got to see the good Tulo for any extended periods of time. The guy was one of the best hitters in the game before he came to the jays in 2015. We knew he would regress some changing leagues and leaving Coors field, but he isn't a sub .700 OPS hitter like we saw this season. This guy put up 5 seasons with an OPS north of .900 in a span of 6 years, and the only one he didn't finish above .900 was an injury shortened season where he only played 47 games.

What we need is to hit him 3rd or 4th like he used to in Colorado. Even just last year he hit 24 bombs and drove in 79 runs in 131 games hitting behind EE (who was driving in everything). Put him where he has been successful for a long time.
    this is one of the rare occasions where we disagree bartron. IMO he shouldnt be anywhere near 3rd or 4th in the lineup and it doesnt matter if he is mad at colorado or baseball in general, he doesnt look like he enjoys the game anymore.

Trade Ideas Thread III

Well he's never been a smiley guy if that's what your looking for. Seeing being frustrated with his injuries or his struggles doesn't mean he's a grumpy old man. If your looking for grumpy look at JD and Jose but I'm the type that has zero problem with showing a bit of emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Great post. Totally agree. As I said before it's the difference between having an OOTP thinker in change vs a minor league director. I think we have to strap in for a few years and see how the guys develop, which sucks. But when you lay out the minors the way you did then there is reason to be optimistic.
    My stance is that it's easy to find replacement level players (which at best, most of those guys will become). Gotta load up on allstar caliber talent to compete in this division. And as I stated before, you can't really do that through FA with our tax situation up here. Gotta trade for these guys or live in mediocre land.

Also tulo needs to go. He's a marginal contributer and its my feeling that he is not a good leader for our young guys. He's too scorn from the Rockies still and has nothing good to say about the business of baseball. I feel (possibly wrong) that his influence had to do with Bautista drawing a hard line with ownership and Sanchez hiring boras. I'm sure his advice is "get your money because no one cares about you. They're all liars and crooks".
    I wanna see Tulo Go as well. The problem is .... how...what's his contract situation ? how much will the Blue jays have to eat ?

I get being frustrated with Tulo's season, but I'm not ready to let him go yet. Especially if Goins is the alternative. I don't think you can question his intangibles. Based on everything I've read he's worked with the Bo's of the world. I've seen/heard people praise his approach to the game. He sucked this year fair enough, but I think the young guys can learn a lot from him. I still have some hope he can put up another 2016 season again. I get why people would disagree with me there though. I could understand going after someone like Profar as some kind of backup plan.

Lets be real guys, Tulo is going nowhere unless we pair him with specs. Unfortunately for us we're old so that probably won't be happening. I'm a huge Tulo fan but I've definitely gotten a bad vibe from him since he's been here. He seems to always be pissed off when he's playing now. I get it, he's struggled mightily since coming here but that's just not the Tulo I saw in Colarado. Yeah he'd get heated from time to time but not like he does here. The guy was the epitome of professionalism prior to coming here. He still acts very professional but he's starting to come apart at the seams.

His intangibles are through the roof. He is another infield coach. He will be in he game in some capacity after playing. A gamer like Payton manning. Just can't hit anymore and it's depressing. Order in the lineup ain't the problem. I wouldn't hit him above 6th in a good lineup

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Lets be real guys, Tulo is going nowhere unless we pair him with specs. Unfortunately for us we're old so that probably won't be happening. I'm a huge Tulo fan but I've definitely gotten a bad vibe from him since he's been here. He seems to always be pissed off when he's playing now. I get it, he's struggled mightily since coming here but that's just not the Tulo I saw in Colarado. Yeah he'd get heated from time to time but not like he does here. The guy was the epitome of professionalism prior to coming here. He still acts very professional but he's starting to come apart at the seams.
    For me ... it seems like he doesn't want to be in Toronto anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I don't see that at all. He's never been a smiley emotional guy even in Colorado. I think people have a hard time separating bad play with a bad attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    For me ... it seems like he doesn't want to be in Toronto anymore.
    Well unless he waives much of his salary he'll have no choice he'll be here for 3 more years... most likely this will be his last team as well.

Trade Ideas Thread III

I do wonder if Detroit would trade Fulmer? He's great and all but that team is in such horrible shape there might not be a team in baseball in worse shape. By the time that team is ready to make an impact Fulmer will be on his way out.

I'd give them a package of Alford and there choice of two of a Urena/SRF/Harris/Greene/Zuech
    Possibly even take back Kinzler for a year. Possibly even Zimmerman if they would covered a chunk of $$$$.

Just imagine a Fulmer/Stro/Sanchez/Happ heading into next season. Then some line up moves and this team is right in the mix with some stud prospects working there way up.