Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 441 of 441 FirstFirst ... 341391431439440441
Results 6,601 to 6,602 of 6602
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Does Smoak really have way more power? Happ has 12 homers in 284 plate appearances while Smoak has 16 in 360ish. Happ is also 7 years younger and could improve on hat while Smoak will more then likely be in decline soon. Iím not a fan of Happs 40% K rate tho and that high BABIP means heís probably in for so menís sort of regression.

Also the myth that Smoak is an elite defender is absurd. He is probably slightly above average but a regression is probably going to happen soon.
    Why is it a myth? Do you simply look at dWAR and say he must suck because his numbers are negative? That is just a bi-product of playing 1B. Even Eric Hosmer has negative dWAR numbers every year and he has 4 GG's.

We have watched him for years now save the left side of our infield from countless throwing errors with his height, wingspan and ability to pick the ball in the dirt. He does exactly what I want my first baseman to do...catch everything in the same area code as 1B. I bet if you ask JD or Tulo if they think Smoak is elite they would give you a big hell yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Why is it a myth? Do you simply look at dWAR and say he must suck because his numbers are negative? That is just a bi-product of playing 1B. Even Eric Hosmer has negative dWAR numbers every year and he has 4 GG's.

We have watched him for years now save the left side of our infield from countless throwing errors with his height, wingspan and ability to pick the ball in the dirt. He does exactly what I want my first baseman to do...catch everything in the same area code as 1B. I bet if you ask JD or Tulo if they think Smoak is elite they would give you a big hell yeah.
    I probably jumped the gun a little bit in saying he is just passable, Iíll grant you that. My main point still stands though, I would take Ian Happ over him pretty much every day.