Results 5,836 to 5,850 of 5876
    Would you trade Pillar for McCutcheon?

Quote Originally Posted by 500 Level View Post
    easily

Quote Originally Posted by Daboyz View Post
    WOW we agree!!! Is this a first?

lol
    no ive agreed with you before, I just dont often post I agree, it would get boring if everyone agreed and posted that they agree all the time.

most of the time I agree with parts of what people post, maybe even 95% but Ill still write to clarify something that I think is important to address issues

like the other day people think I hate Travis, I dont, but since we have so few roster and batting order slots we can realistically change because of contracts or whatever, he ends up being subjected to trade ideas because he is movable....

people would rather move Tulowitzki or Morales, but other teams dont want them or their contracts so why talk about moving them, its a waste of time nobody will take them
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 11-10-2017 at 05:16 PM.

Not sure how much to read into it. But the Josh Donaldson Fans fb page has officially changed its name to Josh Donaldson Blue Jays Fans page. Why would they do that?

That's a no brainer for me. Even if Cutch is expiring I make that deal. Hell, I would give more capital that is worth of him.

sign Darvish, sign Otani. done. lets get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    sign Darvish, sign Otani. done. lets get it done.
    Bring Kawasaki to recruit them.

Can't see us getting both, but I would be ecstatic with just Otani. If we got him, I would want to spend big on a position player, not another starter who would push us to a 6 man rotation when they are healthy. Although moving Sanchez back into a relief role for a month or so may not be bad to ease him back in. 15-20 pitches a day would likely be easier on his finger than 100.

What would it take to get Ian Happ from the Cubs here. He can play 2nd and all the outfield, he's young and controllable for another 5 years at least. However he's blocked in Chicago and seems to be the utility guy there however he's not played at SS at all last year so that's a strike for us. Kid can flat out hit and is a switch hitter would not be cheap what kind of return would Cubs seek? He has been mentioned in rumours before so he could be had I'd think for the right price. Thoughts?
    Vancouver Canucks
    Toronto Blue Jays
    San Francisco 49's

Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    What would it take to get Ian Happ from the Cubs here. He can play 2nd and all the outfield, he's young and controllable for another 5 years at least. However he's blocked in Chicago and seems to be the utility guy there however he's not played at SS at all last year so that's a strike for us. Kid can flat out hit and is a switch hitter would not be cheap what kind of return would Cubs seek? He has been mentioned in rumours before so he could be had I'd think for the right price. Thoughts?
    Either Stroman or Happ. It won't happen, they are going to want pitching and the Jays aren't in a position to give any of theirs up.

Also I'd pass on Darvish but be all for Otani however he's a long shot. I'd rather we go after Wade Davis or Holland and have a lock down 8th and 9th with Osuna. Then go for a bat like Cain for the outfield plus an another infielder (Ian Happ) to spell Travis and Tulo. JD, Smoak and Morales are a decent 3/4/5 but if we added Cain and Happ to be 1/2 we'd have a decent 1-5 with speed at the top and a decent bottom of the order with Tulo/Martin/Pillar and who ever wins the RF spot. If Travis is healthy he could either man the RF or 2B with Happ getting the other spot. Thats a good defensive line up and we should be able to produce some runs.

We are good for starters not great if Sanchez comes back followed by Stroman, Happ, Estrada and whoever wins the 5th spot. Adding one one Wade Davis or Holland to our pen would give us a great 8-9th with Osuna.
    Vancouver Canucks
    Toronto Blue Jays
    San Francisco 49's

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Either Stroman or Happ. It won't happen, they are going to want pitching and the Jays aren't in a position to give any of theirs up.
    I'd trade Happ for Happ but not Stroman but only if we went and signed a replacement.
    Vancouver Canucks
    Toronto Blue Jays
    San Francisco 49's

Big difference between Stroman and Happ. I think if the Cubs offers Ian Happ for JA Happ Atkins would take that deal and run.

Definitely. It wouldn't just be J.A. I'm not sure what else the Cubs would want.

Could be good trade for both teams