Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Yup! She already had 4 or 5 Vikings onesies a few months ago haha

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Congrats my man! Glad to hear you're starting her off on the right foot!

Quote Originally Posted by Vikes_Fan04 View Post
    Congrats my man! Glad to hear you're starting her off on the right foot!
    For sure. She's ready for the playoffs!

For sure. She's ready for the playoffs!

For the sake of her sanity, do not make her a Viking fan. Its going to be a lfe of dissapointment.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    For the sake of her sanity, do not make her a Viking fan. Its going to be a lfe of dissapointment.

Maybe this will be the year everything finally turns around for the Vikes. With our D, I feel really good about our chances.
    Then I remember 2 years ago, and 2009, and 2003, and 2000, and 1998 lol

Registration on my truck due in a couple weeks. Just renewed it and got myself a "SKOLVIKS" license place.

Registration on my truck due in a couple weeks. Just renewed it and got myself a "SKOLVIKS" license place.

Guessing you dont live in MN because I bet that would already be taken there haha. Nicely done.

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

Quote Originally Posted by CubbyJoe View Post
    Guessing you dont live in MN because I bet that would already be taken there haha. Nicely done.
    Nope, not even close lol. I'm in Charlotte NC.

Nope, not even close lol. I'm in Charlotte NC.

Thats right, I remembered you were somewhere on the east coast but couldnt remember where exactly. Yeah I'm sure theres probably not a whole lot of Vikings around you, although I'm guessing that they might be Vikings fans this weekend because we are playing the Saints.

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

My brother sent this recently......more pertinent for us given our dad's parents came over from Norway and gave him the stereotypical Norwegian name Ole

Some Vikings history you likely didn't know about:
    Ole Haugsrud (May 13, 1900 – March 13, 1976) was an American sports executive. Haugsrud was born in Superior, Wisconsin. There is also a field in Superior, Wisconsin called Ole Haugsrud Field. The University of Wisconsin–Superior football team played there until the team went out of existence in the mid-1990s. The Superior High School Spartans played there until 2014 (when the high school's new stadium opened). Haugsrud was owner of the Duluth Eskimos of the National Football League (NFL) in the late-1920s. His signing of Ernie Nevers and having the Eskimos barnstorm, is credited as helping grow the league at critical time. He later sold the team back to the NFL. Part of the deal was that he would have first rights to any future NFL team in the state of Minnesota. Though he passed on a stake in the Minneapolis Red Jackets in 1929, when the NFL expanded to Minneapolis–Saint Paul in January 1960, Haugsrud was given 10% ownership. He remained part owner of the Minnesota Vikings until his death in 1976. Haugsrud was the senior nominee for the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1973. He was not elected.

The Vikings name and team colors are the same as Haugsrud's high school, Central High School in Superior. The Vikings secondary logo that is still in use is a modified version of Central's original logo.

Also:

The Vikings played their first game, an exhibition game, against the Dallas Cowboys on August 5, 1961. The game was played at Howard Wood Field in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The Vikings won their first regular-season game, defeating the Chicago Bears 37–13 on the opening day of 1961. Rookie Fran Tarkenton replaced starting quarterback George Shaw to throw four touchdown passes and run for another to lead the upset. The expansion team lost its next seven games on its way to a 3–11 record.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Not only that........but Harry Peter Grant (aka Bud) graduated from that very high school in 1945!

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    My brother sent this recently......more pertinent for us given our dad's parents came over from Norway and gave him the stereotypical Norwegian name Ole

Some Vikings history you likely didn't know about:
    Ole Haugsrud (May 13, 1900 – March 13, 1976) was an American sports executive. Haugsrud was born in Superior, Wisconsin. There is also a field in Superior, Wisconsin called Ole Haugsrud Field. The University of Wisconsin–Superior football team played there until the team went out of existence in the mid-1990s. The Superior High School Spartans played there until 2014 (when the high school's new stadium opened). Haugsrud was owner of the Duluth Eskimos of the National Football League (NFL) in the late-1920s. His signing of Ernie Nevers and having the Eskimos barnstorm, is credited as helping grow the league at critical time. He later sold the team back to the NFL. Part of the deal was that he would have first rights to any future NFL team in the state of Minnesota. Though he passed on a stake in the Minneapolis Red Jackets in 1929, when the NFL expanded to Minneapolis–Saint Paul in January 1960, Haugsrud was given 10% ownership. He remained part owner of the Minnesota Vikings until his death in 1976. Haugsrud was the senior nominee for the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1973. He was not elected.

The Vikings name and team colors are the same as Haugsrud's high school, Central High School in Superior. The Vikings secondary logo that is still in use is a modified version of Central's original logo.

Also:

The Vikings played their first game, an exhibition game, against the Dallas Cowboys on August 5, 1961. The game was played at Howard Wood Field in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The Vikings won their first regular-season game, defeating the Chicago Bears 37–13 on the opening day of 1961. Rookie Fran Tarkenton replaced starting quarterback George Shaw to throw four touchdown passes and run for another to lead the upset. The expansion team lost its next seven games on its way to a 3–11 record.
    Wait a minute, you have actual Viking blood?

If you cant beat them, join them

If you wanna call being half Norwegian having Vikings blood.....yes, I do

nice too see your board is alive and kicking by the way...

Quote Originally Posted by pachyderm View Post
    nice too see your board is alive and kicking by the way...
    We have slower moments but we are for the most part pretty active here. I'm thankful for that!

Good stuff Sitewolf, never knew any of that!

Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast