Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 601
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    19,965
    Do any of you guys use Windows 8? I am looking at buying a new laptop and have never used Windows 8. I was wondering if you guys would recommend it.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,178
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Do any of you guys use Windows 8? I am looking at buying a new laptop and have never used Windows 8. I was wondering if you guys would recommend it.
    I do, it's designed for touch screen type laptops and tablets so if you aren't getting something that supports touch you lose a bit of the functionality.

    It's pretty simple to use and being able to switch to a traditional desktop is nice as well.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    My Shell
    Posts
    6,885
    I like windows 7 better...

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    390

    The Off-Topic Thread

    You can use free software to add the traditional Start button back. I work in IT on and off for bout 10 years. It does take a little getting use to but not real bad. Windows 10 is coming out soon too. Yes they are skipping 9 and going straight to 10 (at least that's the last I heard). Microsoft wants to make a run at Apple OS, they are also bringing back the start button. All in all Windows 8 was a failure, because they based the whole OS off a tablet/touch environment. Another thing is hardly any companies use it, for various reasons. There are pros and cons, just like anything else.
    Last edited by MagicMark247; 12-15-2014 at 09:25 AM.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    19,965
    Thanks for the input on Windows 8 guys. I currently use Windows 7 at work and really like it so I might see if I can find a laptop that runs 7. If not I guess I'll try and do what Mark mentioned on Windows 8 and add the start button. Thanks again

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Memphis,TN
    Posts
    12,332
    I did something creative for my friend this year for Christmas.

    She lost her grandmother 2 years ago. She was raised by her and so what i did was took a picture of her grandmother(i snuck it off her home screen from her computer) i took the pic up to this guy who airbrushes shirts and got him to airbrush her picture on a shirt

    He also air brushed some clouds on to portray that she is in heaven.

    GRANDMOTHER

    WE MISS YOU SO MUCH

    and on 5 of the clouds it has her kids name and her name.

    Plus she is a Cowboys fan and I got her some Dallas cowboys stuff

    Im so creative huh.


    V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    My Shell
    Posts
    6,885
    Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    I did something creative for my friend this year for Christmas.

    She lost her grandmother 2 years ago. She was raised by her and so what i did was took a picture of her grandmother(i snuck it off her home screen from her computer) i took the pic up to this guy who airbrushes shirts and got him to airbrush her picture on a shirt

    He also air brushed some clouds on to portray that she is in heaven.

    GRANDMOTHER

    WE MISS YOU SO MUCH

    and on 5 of the clouds it has her kids name and her name.

    Plus she is a Cowboys fan and I got her some Dallas cowboys stuff

    Im so creative huh.
    Creative and humble I see... Joking aside that is very cool V4LB.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Memphis,TN
    Posts
    12,332
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    Creative and humble I see... Joking aside that is very cool V4LB.
    Thanks bro


    V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Memphis,TN
    Posts
    12,332
    All I want for Christmas is to get Serena Williams pregnant with twins.

    That its all.


    V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    22,542
    Bought TMNT steel book version tonight.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    22,542
    Merry xmas and happy holidays to all of my fellow vikings fans. Hope you all get to enjoy it with friends and family that you love.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    19,965
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Merry xmas and happy holidays to all of my fellow vikings fans. Hope you all get to enjoy it with friends and family that you love.
    Merry Christmas buddy!

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    11,369
    Merry Christmas guys! I'm glad to call you all my extended family!

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Memphis,TN
    Posts
    12,332
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Merry Christmas guys! I'm glad to call you all my extended family!
    Merry Christmas bro


    V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Memphis,TN
    Posts
    12,332
    Hey Vcu whats up with this gift you sent me? I asked you to send me 2 Virginia big booty girls not this 5 pound moose with a Twins hat on. What the hell do I do with it? Oh here is a card let me read it.

    DEAR V4LB

    I WANTED TO SEND YOU THOSE BIG BOOTY GIRLS BUT THEY WERE LOOKING TO GOOD SO I KEPT THEM MYSELF. I WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU NEXT YEAR BROTHER AND ENJOY THE GIFT I SENT YOU.

    YOUR FRIEND
    VCU


    PS.

    DONT LET THAT MOOSE OUT OF YOUR SIGHT BECAUSE HE HAS WARRANTS. THATS WHAT HE TOLD ME BUT GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.


    V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •