Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Top Five:

1. Lucas Giolito
    2. Carlos Correa
    3. Corey Seager
    4. Addison Russell
    5. Tyler Glasnow..

No Bryant.. he doesn't belong on the list.. Anyone striking out more than 30 % of the time.. has enough of a bust potential to drop out of the top prospect listings..

Thoughts?..

Where do people see Julio Urias ranking when the new list comes out?

Well he's already a top 20 ranked prospect, i believe. Kid is absolutely filthy.

With his age Urias is going to get top 25 rankings for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoSon View Post
    Top Five:

1. Lucas Giolito
    2. Carlos Correa
    3. Corey Seager
    4. Addison Russell
    5. Tyler Glasnow..

No Bryant.. he doesn't belong on the list.. Anyone striking out more than 30 % of the time.. has enough of a bust potential to drop out of the top prospect listings..

Thoughts?..
    You do know that Bryant hasn't struck out >30% in his minor league career right?

Overall pretty misinformed list as both Buxton and Bryant belong in Top 4 easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    With his age Urias is going to get top 25 rankings for sure.
    Wasn't he already in a few Top 25s? Could see him getting some Top 10/15 looks.

Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoSon View Post
    Top Five:

1. Lucas Giolito
    2. Carlos Correa
    3. Corey Seager
    4. Addison Russell
    5. Tyler Glasnow..

Thoughts?..
    Kris Bryant is number 1. He so thoroughly dominated last season at two different levels, its impossible to not at least rank him in the top 5. I actually like the rest of your list. I love Giolito. Seager wouldn't be in my top 5 but has so much talent and is literally right there so its not really worth a lot of discussion. Glasnow is up there as well.

My top 5 would have some combination of Bryant, Russell, Correa, Giolito and Buxton. Would probably have my next 5 as Glasnow, Seager, Rodon, lindor and Gallo. Guys I really like to move up would be JP Crawford, Kyle Zimmer, Jose Peraza and Reese McGuire.

Wheres Schwarber gonna end up?
    MUST BE REAL BAD TO BRING ME BACK

Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Wheres Schwarber gonna end up?
    Depends if he can really stick behind the plate or not, I imagine. I've heard conflicting reports on this and it will likely hurt him in rankings a little bit because there doesn't seem to be a consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIlladelph16 View Post
    Depends if he can really stick behind the plate or not, I imagine. I've heard conflicting reports on this and it will likely hurt him in rankings a little bit because there doesn't seem to be a consensus.
    yeah his bat looks legit but the cubs coaches have actually said a lot of great things about him behind the plate. Made it seem like he hadn't have much prior coaching just relied on superior athletic talent

Quote Originally Posted by C-ross12 View Post
    Kris Bryant is number 1. He so thoroughly dominated last season at two different levels, its impossible to not at least rank him in the top 5. I actually like the rest of your list. I love Giolito. Seager wouldn't be in my top 5 but has so much talent and is literally right there so its not really worth a lot of discussion. Glasnow is up there as well.

My top 5 would have some combination of Bryant, Russell, Correa, Giolito and Buxton. Would probably have my next 5 as Glasnow, Seager, Rodon, lindor and Gallo. Guys I really like to move up would be JP Crawford, Kyle Zimmer, Jose Peraza and Reese McGuire.
    Gallo screams bust to me....

I love Zimmer but his injury history will keep him down the rankings (unfortunately).

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post

I love Zimmer but his injury history will keep him down the rankings (unfortunately).
    imagine a baez and gallo hr contest

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post

Yea that very well could be. Zimmer just has so much talent and gets little mention on here.

Bryant is #1 easily, strikeout rate aside. There's hitters who strike out a lot and find a ton of success. Bryant could be pretty comparable to Stanton in on-field results.

I'm a Glasnow skeptic. He's still far away and his BB rate scares me. I think he's a great prospect, just not top 5. I think he's more of a 3 than he is a 1. Hope he proves me wrong though. Great story.
    Last edited by Nomar; 12-17-2014 at 11:03 PM.

1. Bryant
    2. Russell
    3. Soler
    4. dont care
    5. dont care

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast