Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4686949596
Results 1,426 to 1,430 of 1430
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    I think Lyon will get a shot for the backup role but I really donít expect much out of him. His season was still average overall and Iím not going to overreact to a strong playoff run.
    You may not over react to a strong playoff run, but this organization MIGHT.

I'll also mention, it does come immediately after his first real shot in the NHL. There's something to be said for that I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    You may not over react to a strong playoff run, but this organization MIGHT.

I'll also mention, it does come immediately after his first real shot in the NHL. There's something to be said for that I believe.
    So is that the right thing to do? Overreact to a strong playoff run?

Itís still a small sample size. People put too much stock into playoff performance. Itís obviously important; you donít win without it. But to think someone deserves more responsibility or all of a sudden goes from a lesser prospect to a greater one based on a single playoff performance....thatís not smart.

Again, if he gets a shot at the backup role next year, fine. But Iím not going to overreact to a guy having a strong playoff run. Heís MAYBE a serviceable NHL backup. Maybe.

I think you will see Lyon with the Flyers next season, but I also think that the Flyers will deploy a more conventional 1-2 system over the tandem of the previous few seasons.

Itís still a small sample size. People put too much stock into playoff performance. Itís obviously important; you donít win without it. But to think someone deserves more responsibility or all of a sudden goes from a lesser prospect to a greater one based on a single playoff performance....thatís not smart.

Again, if he gets a shot at the backup role next year, fine. But Iím not going to overreact to a guy having a strong playoff run. Heís MAYBE a serviceable NHL backup. Maybe.
    No, not necessarily smart at all.

There's a major difference when we discuss what should Vs what we expect to happen with this organization.

From decisions on coaches, to decisions on players. What should happen Vs what does happen, very rarely seems to be the same.

Danny Briere made his $$ in the playoffs. There is a balance. Lyon has looked good. Donít take that away. I think he is a solid NHL backup, as Iíve always said. He takes good angles, and that makes up for his lack of post to post agility. All the indicators are there that he is an NHL caliber backup goalie, itís more than a maybe.

Once more film gets out on him, we have to see how he reacts and continues to grow, but the skill set is there.

Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4686949596