Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 96 of 98 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1456
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    I think Lyon will get a shot for the backup role but I really donít expect much out of him. His season was still average overall and Iím not going to overreact to a strong playoff run.
    You may not over react to a strong playoff run, but this organization MIGHT.

I'll also mention, it does come immediately after his first real shot in the NHL. There's something to be said for that I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    You may not over react to a strong playoff run, but this organization MIGHT.

I'll also mention, it does come immediately after his first real shot in the NHL. There's something to be said for that I believe.
    So is that the right thing to do? Overreact to a strong playoff run?

Itís still a small sample size. People put too much stock into playoff performance. Itís obviously important; you donít win without it. But to think someone deserves more responsibility or all of a sudden goes from a lesser prospect to a greater one based on a single playoff performance....thatís not smart.

Again, if he gets a shot at the backup role next year, fine. But Iím not going to overreact to a guy having a strong playoff run. Heís MAYBE a serviceable NHL backup. Maybe.

I think you will see Lyon with the Flyers next season, but I also think that the Flyers will deploy a more conventional 1-2 system over the tandem of the previous few seasons.

Itís still a small sample size. People put too much stock into playoff performance. Itís obviously important; you donít win without it. But to think someone deserves more responsibility or all of a sudden goes from a lesser prospect to a greater one based on a single playoff performance....thatís not smart.

Again, if he gets a shot at the backup role next year, fine. But Iím not going to overreact to a guy having a strong playoff run. Heís MAYBE a serviceable NHL backup. Maybe.
    No, not necessarily smart at all.

There's a major difference when we discuss what should Vs what we expect to happen with this organization.

From decisions on coaches, to decisions on players. What should happen Vs what does happen, very rarely seems to be the same.

Danny Briere made his $$ in the playoffs. There is a balance. Lyon has looked good. Donít take that away. I think he is a solid NHL backup, as Iíve always said. He takes good angles, and that makes up for his lack of post to post agility. All the indicators are there that he is an NHL caliber backup goalie, itís more than a maybe.

Once more film gets out on him, we have to see how he reacts and continues to grow, but the skill set is there.

Either Sparks is that good or the Phantoms were over their head. Other than Lyons standing on his head in game 4, they look just like the Flyers. The Marlies killed them with speed and aggressive play, Phantoms couldn't do anything against it.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Either Sparks is that good or the Phantoms were over their head. Other than Lyons standing on his head in game 4, they look just like the Flyers. The Marlies killed them with speed and aggressive play, Phantoms couldn't do anything against it.
    Sparks was good, but a lot of this series fell on the refs calling the Phantoms tight, and letting a lot go for the Marlies.
    The Phantoms matched up well against the Marlies and could have come up with a 2-0 lead just as easily as they came home 0-2. The Core of the Phantoms will be back next season, and they'll have Hart in net. I'm excited for next season and expect another deep run.

Carter Hart is a finalist for the CHL Goalie of the Year (shocker) and the CHL Player of the Year.

Awards announced tomorrow.

2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Carter Hart is a finalist for the CHL Goalie of the Year (shocker) and the CHL Player of the Year.

Awards announced tomorrow.
    As if it wasnít a forgone conclusion, Carter Hart has been named the CHL Goalie of the Year for the 2nd time in the past 3 years (should have been 3 in a row).

He is the only goalie in the history of the award to receive it twice.

Big congratulations to Carter.

Rubtsov is a Memorial Cup champion. Had a really strong game. No points but noticeable in all 3 zones. Could have had 3 or 4 points.

Rubtsov is a Memorial Cup champion. Had a really strong game. No points but noticeable in all 3 zones. Could have had 3 or 4 points.
    Agreed. Watched the game. Dobson is a monster. Rubstov did have a good game, but his lack of finish is becoming noticeable. He does a lot of things really well. Iíve left a lot of his games feeling this same way, could have scored 2 goals ... but then again, he is in position and there is something to be said about it.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Agreed. Watched the game. Dobson is a monster. Rubstov did have a good game, but his lack of finish is becoming noticeable. He does a lot of things really well. Iíve left a lot of his games feeling this same way, could have scored 2 goals ... but then again, he is in position and there is something to be said about it.

Really curious to see how he does with some stability in the AHL. It's another new team for him, this will be his 4th in 3 years, but I think getting into a pro off-season training regiment and playing with pro-level talent can help him immensely.

I think he's similar to Hagg in the sense that he needs to unlock that 5th and 6th gear more often rather than deciding to stay in 2nd or 3rd. When he's using his skating to his advantage he's more dangerous, and what we saw yesterday was a kid who knows how to get to the high danger areas. If he can do that on a more consistent basis, he'll finish more often.

Talking to a friend of mine on Twitter yesterday during the game and he said Rubtsov reminded him a bit of Radek Faksa, said if he could turn into him the Flyers would be in good shape. I think that's a nice comp stylistically. Faksa is actually a guy I would like to see the Flyers target in a trade.

But if Rubtsov can be that guy, if he can be a strong 2 way player, whether it's at wing or center, beef up the PK and produce at a middle 6 clip at 5v5, I'd be happy. Maybe he's not the strong 2C I had hoped for (though I'm not giving up hope on that yet) but with Patrick and Couturier here, he doesn't have to be. He can be a middle 6 wing or strong 3C and just continue to add to the depth of this team.

He's still one of my favorite prospects in the system. I know he has it in him to be a good NHL player, it's just a matter of unlocking it on a more consistent basis.

2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

I believe wade allison is going back to his jr year of college, can anyone else confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    I believe wade allison is going back to his jr year of college, can anyone else confirm?
    Hasn't been confirmed yet to my knowledge. It's been assumed but not confirmed.

Morin has resigned, I didn't see terms in the article I read.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?