Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 458593949596 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1439
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Toss up because of the blues miss again next year, wed get a lottery pick. This draft should be solid though.
    Problem is, I don't see the Blues missing the playoffs next year with the roster they currently have, let alone one that features one of Dahlin, Svechnikov, Boqvist, Tkachuk or Zadina.

Could you imagine if St. Louis rolls out Tarasenko AND Svechnikov? Or Pietrangelo AND Dahlin?

That's not a team that's missing the playoffs.

Phantoms win a playoff series for the 1st time in a decade.
    Overall a good game, the Phantoms offense disappeared as the game went on, but the refs also swallowed their whistles to the detriment of the game.
    Phantoms won't be able to disappear against the Checkers or they won't advance.

hart, frost, rubstov, strome all in the finals in the juniors

at least the good thing coming into next season is that hexy wants to upgrade down the middle, primarily the 3c. I think filppula will be a backup option if he can't figure out anything.

as of now our roster is this:

G-Couts-TK
    Lindblom-Patrick-Voracek
    Raffl-_-Simmonds
    laughton-lehtera-_

weise/leier

provorov-ghost
    hagg-amac
    sanheim-gudas
    morin?

Carter Hart was named WHL GOTY for the 3rd straight year (1st goalie in WHL history to win the award 3 years period, let alone 3 in a row) as well as MVP of the WHL.

Not a surprise but still awesome to hear. Hart was a goalie in the highest scoring league in the CHL and absolutely dominated.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    at least the good thing coming into next season is that hexy wants to upgrade down the middle, primarily the 3c. I think filppula will be a backup option if he can't figure out anything.

as of now our roster is this:

G-Couts-TK
    Lindblom-Patrick-Voracek
    Raffl-_-Simmonds
    laughton-lehtera-_

weise/leier

provorov-ghost
    hagg-amac
    sanheim-gudas
    morin?
    Morin would have to clear waivers in order to be sent down. That is not likely to happen. He would get claimed and they would lose him for nothing. He will be on the team.

How about Lyons, 94 saves. So has anyone seen the playoff games since Morin has been playing. Does he look any good?

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    How about Lyons, 94 saves. So has anyone seen the playoff games since Morin has been playing. Does he look any good?
    He left the game early last night.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    He left the game early last night.
    And he did not look good before he left. Haha

Myers was beast mode last night though. He needs to learn how to not get so angry. Once he gets his emotions under control he will be a perfect #4 or #2 supporting dman. He uses his 65 225 body and hulks out too much when someone does a marginal slight against him. Easy big fella

Frankly I'm not taking anything that goes on with Morin this year too seriously. He's had horrible luck staying healthy this year, just a real bad luck year. Hopefully the injury he sustained isn't too serious and an off-season to recover will do him good.

I'm not trying to prop him up, I'm simply saying this was a throw away season for me in regards to his development. Can't judge a player on 15 games.

2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

The Phantoms have now played in the 2 longest games in AHL history.
    Both games featured a goalie facing 90+ shots. (Michael Leighton made a still AHL record 98 saves in a losing effort in 2008, Alex Lyon made 94 in last nights winning effort) Both games made it to 5 OTs.
    And in both games, the Phantoms defeated the Carolina Hurricanes Affiliate. (Albany River Rats in 2008, Charlotte Checkers last night)

Rubtsov and Strome have made it through to the Memorial Cup with their respective teams. Strome beat Frost to get there.

Hart is currently down 3-2 in his series, game 6 is tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Rubtsov and Strome have made it through to the Memorial Cup with their respective teams. Strome beat Frost to get there.

Hart is currently down 3-2 in his series, game 6 is tonight.
    Meanwhile the Phantoms have made the conference final.

Alex Lyon is looking NHL ready.

I think Lyon will get a shot for the backup role but I really dont expect much out of him. His season was still average overall and Im not going to overreact to a strong playoff run.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    I think Lyon will get a shot for the backup role but I really dont expect much out of him. His season was still average overall and Im not going to overreact to a strong playoff run.
    Yeah I mean he has been a fairly average ahl goalie for 2 years save for a strong playoff run this year. I'd probably still take a healthy Stolarz over Lyon bc Lyon's upside probably isn't much more than a run of the mill nhl backup.

Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 458593949596 LastLast