Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Week 1: The New England Patriots @ The Miami Dolphins

Code:
    Week 1 The New England Patriots @ The Miami Dolphins Sun Life Stadium September 7th [1:00 PM ET]
    2013 Passing Leaders
    QB Rating Yards Touchdowns Interceptions
    87.3 4,343 25 11
    Tom Brady
    81.7 3,913 24 17
    Ryan Tannehill
    2013 Rushing Leaders
    Yards Carries Yards Per Carry Touchdowns
    773 178 4.3 7
    Steven Ridley
    709 142 4.0 2
    Lamar Miller
    2013 Receiving Leaders
    Yards Catches Yards Per Catch Touchdowns
    1,056 105 10.1 6
    Julian Edelman
    1,016 76 13.4 4
    Brian Hartline
    2013 Defensive Leaders
    Tackles Sacks Interceptions
    Dont'a Hightower Chandler Jones Aqib Talib 97 10.5 4 Phillip Wheeler Oliver Vernon Brent Grimes 118 11.5 4
    More Stats
    DO NOT POST LINKS OF THE GAME. ANYTHING POSTED WILL BE DELETED. IF YOU HAVE A LINK JUST SAY YOU HAVE ONE AND THEN PRIVATE MESSAGE IT TO SOMEONE.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    First post. I see us coming out with a fire in this game. It almost reminds me of the wildcat game.

This game means a lot more to us than them as it sets the tone for the season with a lot of guys on the hot seat.

Look for Lamar/Knowshon to have a solid day.

With that being said I see it being a great game that we pull out near the end, 31-28

vCash
    Time to put up or shut up.

Even if we lose I just want the team to play well. If I see that I'd be alot more optimistic for the rest of the season.

vCash
    Dolphins win 23-17 it will come down to the 4th quarter

vCash
    I can't wait! Football is finally, finally back. With that being said . . .

MIA 28
    NE 17

I really think the humidity and heat will get to the Pats. Their fan base may not think that is an issue . . . hell even the media up here in MA does not think the weather will be an issue . . . but for sure it will. Just like MIA going up to NE in December, NE coming down to MIA in September will do the same thing. All the media keeps hanging their hat on for week 1 is that NE has won the past 10 consecutive week 1 games . . . thats it.

Our DL is going to destroy their OL . . . especially that horrid interior. Their OL makes ours look close to elite. Its not good. Starks/Odrick/Mitchell are going to get push up the middle all day long. I can see Wake and Vernon stunting through the middle a couple times too. Brady will be on his back a couple times . . . and he'll be scrambling for his life a couple times too. Our DL will be fun to watch this year. I think Grimes vs. Edelman will be fun to watch too.

I'm not worried about their WRs' at all . . . but with Brady throwing the ball, even a horrid WR looks above average. Gronk may play a couple snaps . . . but not the entire game. NE offense is not scary anymore. Their defense is pretty good though. But offensively they are not what they used to be. Brady is another year older. They have a bunch of #3 WRs' masquerading as #1 and #2 . . . they have an elite TE who is coming back into form. They have a fumble machine in Ridley. Vereen is pretty sick . . . he's my one concern on offense. I remember what Sproles did to us last year in NO and I can see Vereen doing that Sunday.

If we can get consistant pressure up the gut on Brady, and lockdown the bubble and screen passes NE is known for . . . we win easily.

Everyone in the media is on NE's balls this season . . . I just don't see it. Lets bring them down to Earth Sunday. I would love nothing more than to listen to sports radio up here after a week 1 loss for them. Please!!!!!!!

vCash
    ^ Reading your thing about the weather...

Brady is most definitely going to be in the no huddle, so I hope the defense is ready for some fast paced play

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WildPhins10 View Post
    ^ Reading your thing about the weather...

Brady is most definitely going to be in the no huddle, so I hope the defense is ready for some fast paced play
    That can be said for both sides on D. Since our D has been going up against a fast paced offense in practice, our D should be more acquainted with the speed of a no huddle offense.

Also saw that it might rain there as well . . . which means our running game better be good on Sunday. In the rain, Moreno/Miller > Ridley/Vereen imo. Also could mean we see Tanny run a little more to the tune of maybe 40-50 yds. I just feel really good about this game for the Phins. Its a confidence I haven't felt for a while with this team. It feels good.

vCash
    First play Tanne throws a play action bomb to Wallace down the seam....it would be a beautiful thing

vCash
    Looks like Brady sat out of practice today with a calf injury. I don't think that he'll miss the game but pretty big preparation day to miss. In a normal week this would probably be more important but they probably have been game planning for us for a few weeks here and there.

vCash
    i'll be going to this game, 3 more days

vCash
    The way Seattle used Harvin last night is exactly how we should use Wallace. Instead of just using his speed vertically I hope Lazor relizes that dragging defenders out of the zone or out of the play is just as valuable as blowing the top off. With Tannehill's abilty to power balls into tight spots within the 15-20 yard range Wallace going across the field will be invaluable. Sherman never understood this and constantly tried to fit a square peg into a round hole. I am happy that he forced Tanny to stay in the pocket and go through his reads a skill someone should have taught RG3 his first few years in the league. And that is what he should have done but... playcalling and design was antiquated and he needed to go. Hopefully with that base and RT17 can turn the corner this year and do some of those things we saw from A-Rod last night as far as throwing on the run.

Coyle has been doing this for a little while too. On defense we have guys who have the physical talent to play but we try to force a guy who is good at the speed rush to play physical or vice versa.

There is too much talent now on this team for excuses. This year needs to be a big step forward. Or Philbin, Coyle need go. And if RT17 can't be at least Alex Smith like it's time to start moving in another direction. Just so we are clear Matt Moore is not that direction
    Last edited by leroyp33; 09-05-2014 at 02:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I can't wait! Football is finally, finally back. With that being said . . .

MIA 28
    NE 17
    28 on NE defense? Good luck...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by murcat410 View Post
    Looks like Brady sat out of practice today with a calf injury. I don't think that he'll miss the game but pretty big preparation day to miss. In a normal week this would probably be more important but they probably have been game planning for us for a few weeks here and there.
    They keep making a big deal of it up in .. . but I don't see how he doesn't play. But this is just the excuse the media needs when the Phins rip them apart in a couple days.

Wait and see . . . MIA will crush these guys and then the national media won't cover how well MIA played, but what was possibly wrong with Brady's calf.

MIA 28
    NE 17

vCash
    This season reminds me so much of the 2011 season its scary. We kind of got screwed with the lockout that season, but we got a new OC with Daboll, in preseason Henne looked like everything finally clicked for him, and even our draft we went with a lineman in the first round! Both coaches were on the hot seat. Both teams went 3-1 in preseason. We both play the AFC west, though we play the NFC North instead of the East.

Even with all those similarities, we both start the seasons against the Patriots. And if you remember that game, there was one team terribly effected by the heat and the hurry up offense…and it wasn't the Patriots. They killed us with their tightends and welker's 99 td run. I'm very scared that we're going down a similar route this season. I hope things are different this time around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    28 on NE defense? Good luck...
    Don't bait. I'm sure you have fans doing the same things in your forum.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast