Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

#1 2016 projected pick Thon Maker Chooses Canadian Highschool over US

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/stat...39794842943488

Apparently by avoiding the US he can skip college and go straight to the NBA out of high-school. Either way it's pretty shocking because I don't even think Canada had a basketball prep school until about year ago and you have to wonder about the program's quality with such a short history.

vCash
    I will never at any point let my fandom of a sport get to a point where I have an opinion on where a 17 year old kid I have never met before goes to high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    i've let my fandom get their because it's honestly one of the best parts of the game. he played a game against a lot of top guys and looked like an absolute freak. everyone always says it's too early but they said it for lebron, davis etc... dude has a lot of hype no doubt but in this case its warranted.

vCash
    #ThontotheCelticsin2016 then

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I will never at any point let my fandom of a sport get to a point where I have an opinion on where a 17 year old kid I have never met before goes to high school.
    It's easy to have an opinion here because it's a pretty weird choice. Canada is producing a lot of NBA players right now but it's all been through the American prep programs not the Canadian ones. For a guy like him to choose a Canadian school over a safer choice in the US is pretty weird considering Canada has never produced an NBA player that I know of from their own program.

vCash
    he can't **** it up anymore than exum who basically otped to sit out his freshman year and he still wen't 4th.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDean89 View Post
    he can't **** it up anymore than exum who basically otped to sit out his freshman year and he still wen't 4th.
    That actually helped Exum I think because he was never exposed in the US. He just hid away in Australia and the scouts could never figure out his weaknesses like they could for other players. I'm pretty sure that the school Maker will be playing for goes up against the American prep schools anyways so it's not as bad as I thought. That school also has a couple of Canada's top prospects already on it so the inclusion of Thon and his brother could make them a powerhouse.

vCash
    Man,I want Thon Maker to the Lakers. Absolutely.

"No tats on the right arm.Strictly for buckets" -Nick Young A.K.A Swaggy-P

vCash
    Wow. How did I miss this. He's going to the Athletic Institute up in Orangeville Ontario. That place has nothing but the best and an incredible program. Glad to see them score the big fish so early. I'll def go up and see him play.

vCash
    mistake

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 4 Yards: 97 TD: 1

vCash
    He isn't even the number one prospect in his class. The overhype of this kid is crazy. He looks borderline pedestrian in all star games. Yea he has the tools to be great but he needs alot of work on the court and in the weight room.

vCash
    Wasn't he like the 3rd best scorer on his team despite being 7'0"? Or am I thinking of someone else?

vCash
    He also seems like he can use 2-3 years of college since he's an absolute twig.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    He also seems like he can use 2-3 years of college since he's an absolute twig.
    ACTS will take this guy and transform him. That's why the brothers came to canada. They will have nothing but the best to prepare for the future.

vCash
    According to all the conspiracy theorists the NBA is rigging the lotto for Cleveland to get Thon Maker.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast