Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Team is No Man's Land

No FA wants to come here (unless overpaid). Distant 4th in town. Stars want to leave. Ainge has made a mess of this. Karma has came back. This forum section being dead as a doorknob proves my allegations correct. Also this forum is depressing. Its so obvious there are only two actual posters on here that have multiple accounts. It is embarrassing to be a C's fan. Will be another 20 years till this team is relevant again. See you then. I am out.
    Last edited by checkit; 09-03-2014 at 11:04 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by checkit View Post
    No FA wants to come here (unless overpaid). Distant 4th in town. Stars want to leave. Ainge has made a mess of this. Karma has came back. This forum section being dead as a doorknob proves my allegations correct. Also this forum is depressing. Its so obvious there are only two actual posters on here that have multiple accounts. It is embarrassing to be a C's fan. Will be another 20 years till this team is relevant again. See you then. I am out.
    Are posters supposed to have multiple accounts...??? I guess I missed that memo...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Bye then, I guess.

"My bro DitchDat writes about the Celtics and the NBA over at Randomandsome.com. Buckets!"

vCash
    No FA wants to come here (unless overpaid).
    High taxes, bad weather, meh night life

Distant 4th in town.
    No doubt.

Stars want to leave.
    Please. What star wants to leave? Rondo is no star, and we don't have any.

Ainge has made a mess of this.
    Ainge wanted Rondo out of here very early on - blame Wyc.

This forum section being dead as a doorknob proves my allegations correct.
    Dinky sample size of front running "fans"? Please.

Also this forum is depressing. Its so obvious there are only two actual posters on here that have multiple accounts.
    Hunh?

It is embarrassing to be a C's fan. Will be another 20 years till this team is relevant again. See you then. I am out.
    Believe me, I'd be happy if you left.

Guess you forgot about the draft picks?

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Ainge has made a mess of it by stockpiling picks and young players in a post big-3 era?

Anyways, the basketball forums almost always die down during this period. There's no basketball and no news.

What do you want to talk about? There isn't anything we haven't already discussed.

vCash
    This forum has always been dead regardless of the time of year. Bunch of bitter old posters who like rooting for a team on a fast track to no where. Who cares about the stock piling of draft picks and meh young talent no one wants. The point of assets is to cash in on them not stockpile to create a mediocre uninteresting team. Yes Rondo is a star (and the only relevant player on this team according to media) who doesnt want to stay on losing no mans land team. Can't blame him. He deserves better. Only transactions ainge can do is when he has a friend (*cough Mchale cough*) or get a bevy of useless picks. Not seeing genius here.

vCash
    Rebuilds take time, we had a very nice run with our aging veteran laden team. Blowing something up like that is going to take more then a season, it's not like we had the pieces to go out and get a young building block, so we did the next best thing and got draft picks. Before you go crucifying DA (Original Poster) how about we let him use some of those draft picks? It's worth taking a step back for awhile so you can have a stretch of consistent success down the line.

vCash
    This forum has always been dead regardless of the time of year. Bunch of bitter old posters who like rooting for a team on a fast track to no where. Who cares about the stock piling of draft picks and meh young talent no one wants. The point of assets is to cash in on them not stockpile to create a mediocre uninteresting team. Yes Rondo is a star (and the only relevant player on this team according to media) who doesnt want to stay on losing no mans land team. Can't blame him. He deserves better. Only transactions ainge can do is when he has a friend (*cough Mchale cough*) or get a bevy of useless picks. Not seeing genius here.
    It was much more active off season from the KG deal until the end of the 2012-13 (that's about when most came over to my side I.E. Rondo sucks).

The Red Sox Forum is doing maybe 15% of what it was doing a year ago at this time. Fans tend to find other things to do when their teams suck.

If you were a real fan you'd be interested in the picks and trades that will be made.

Rondo is a star re: people waiting for him to have next big faux pas. As an NBA player you can't be a star when you're below average at your position - unless it's "X Star" which is just what he is an "X Star" and going downhill fast.

What sane informed fan (leaving Wyc out here) would want to resign Rondo for 5 * $15M+ a year? Haven't you been paying attention? He has SUCKED since 2009-2010.

Rondo deserves nothing. He could have practiced his shooting much earlier in his career, he could have practiced as Doc wanted, he could have grown up instead of being an immature baby.

How can you see genius when you don't have the patience? What were you saying in the years before the KG deal?

This isn't the C's of the 60's with 7 or 8 other teams to deal with (most of them clueless). They all want to win, what believe do you have that says the C's should always be a playoff team?
    Last edited by bagwell368; 09-04-2014 at 02:06 PM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    I don't know what the OP is smoking. Plenty of other forums for NBA teams are more dead or otherwise undesirable. And it won't be no 20 years before the Celtics are contending for the championship, especially since the east is still in shambles despite a couple of other teams on the rise. The problem is that the western teams are so strong.

She can turn my "Paige" anytime!

vCash

Team is No Man's Land

I just don't post as often because I don't have a computer because I moved out but I do enjoy reading peoples post and posting a couple of times on my phone even though it kills my battery

Also celtics Red Sox bruins patriots and PC friars will always entertain me because they are my teams to root for. Doesn't matter if they suck or win the championship just give me a team that is competitive and I'll be happy. I mean we all want the ship every year but hey as long as they play hard what more can you ask for
    Last edited by Lil Rhody; 09-04-2014 at 07:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I kind of agree with this, but then we'd end up will BB in a helicopter trying to fly over random football fields all over the country.
    Big Brother is watching

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Rondo is a star re: people waiting for him to have next big faux pas. As an NBA player you can't be a star when you're below average at your position - unless it's "X Star" which is just what he is an "X Star" and going downhill fast.

What sane informed fan (leaving Wyc out here) would want to resign Rondo for 5 * $15M+ a year? Haven't you been paying attention? He has SUCKED since 2009-2010.

Rondo deserves nothing. He could have practiced his shooting much earlier in his career, he could have practiced as Doc wanted, he could have grown up instead of being an immature baby.

How can you see genius when you don't have the patience? What were you saying in the years before the KG deal?
    Raptors fan here, I donèt think Rondo sucks, but he's just overrated because he got to play with the Big 3 at the time and got a ring because of them. Rondo does a few things well to very well, it's just that the other things he does poorly to very bad cancel his positive attributes.

Rondo is a very hard player to trade.

1. He doesn't have the greatest attitude.
    2. His flaws make him a hard player to build around.
    3. He's coming off an injury.
    4. He's not getting younger now.
    5. He wants star money.
    6. PG is a loaded position these days.
    7. He wants to play for a contender, and like point 6 they either have a better point guard, do not have what the Celtic want, or they just do not want to give Rondo the money he wants.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    Raptors fan here, I donèt think Rondo sucks
    You watch him vs your team and on National TV. DO you watch him on local broadcasts? That's when he takes most of his games off.

Rondo does a few things well to very well, it's just that the other things he does poorly to very bad cancel his positive attributes.
    So to you he's basically average, is that so? Well excepting last year, he was by measures 14th two years in a row. That's average. Average for average money is OK. But he wants max dollars. That isn't average - that sucks - if the C's sign him for 5 years at max dollars.

Rondo is a very hard player to trade.

1. He doesn't have the greatest attitude.
    2. His flaws make him a hard player to build around.
    3. He's coming off an injury.
    4. He's not getting younger now.
    5. He wants star money.
    6. PG is a loaded position these days.
    7. He wants to play for a contender, and like point 6 they either have a better point guard, do not have what the Celtic want, or they just do not want to give Rondo the money he wants.
    I've written all those things quite a few times. Sure seems you're starting to veer towards suck/difficult as opposed to average or good.

vCash
    Put it this way, his basketball skills are probably average overall.

It's the rest of the **** with him that's a pure negative.

Anyone who you could trade Rondo for, you'd probably wouldn't be that interested in anyways.

I'll also be honest, it's pretty much more reading about him, looking at his stats than watching him so my opinion may not be the closest.
    Last edited by Vampirate; 09-05-2014 at 02:24 PM.

vCash
    Another factor is, with the celts, even if Rondo was a productive player, by the time the Celtics players have matured, Rondo will be on the decline, making 10+million dollars at age 35+.

The fact he doesn't have a good shot will probably make father time worse as he loses athleticism. There's 0 point in keeping the guy.

vCash
    Amazing there are this many posts for a stupid thread...

I guess the poster got what he wanted...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

16. 09-05-2014, 08:26 PM
    Reason
    baiting (lflol)

17. 09-05-2014, 08:34 PM
    Reason
    baiting (lflol)

18. 09-05-2014, 11:41 PM
    Reason
    Response to a deleted post - SFrush90

19. 09-06-2014, 10:14 AM