Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Romo Sounds Off !!!!

In a rather un Romo like type of interview Romo claims the time off from surgery has made him a better QB. He didn't mention it in passing. He talked extensively about it. You normally do not get to read the context of the questions being asked, I'm sure he didn't volunteer his assumption. But he said some of the stuff may be too subtle to notice at first and wasn't specific but seem very very confident from what I read even saying how excited he is to show what he's been working on. Romo usually only talks about his teammates and says stuff like it starts with me i have to be better. Well he's claiming he is better this time.

Love him or hate him you have to respect this guy. Sure he could freak out at any time and hurt the team but that happens far less then him carrying the team on his back. He had 18 touchdowns and 3 picks in the 7 losses he played in last year. He carried the team on his back ,,until it broke,,,then carried them for one more game ending TD drive with the broken back. I have to say he has made a pretty vanilla team very exciting to watch no matter who they play(except NO) and I have to be honest I do not think Aikman would have had this team in the division hunt every year. Don't get me wrong I loved #8 but Romo is far more exciting and explosive then 8. If theres any player in the NFL that deserves the stroke of luck it takes to win a SB no a days its Romo. I think he has a career year this year. Not sure if it will be enough but it will be fun to watch.

vCash
    He's been available really late in all my fantasy leagues and I've purposely not taken a qb early because I know I can get him later. I think he's gonna be great and im not sure why everyone is down on him.

vCash
    Im not sure either maybe the back . But is there a tougher QB in football. Ask San Fran they broke his ribs and punctured his lung for crying out loud and he came back in the game for a OT win. I was always a Romo supporter but never really gave him the respect of a #8 or a #12 but I think I'm changing my tone on that. Maybe it was the story NUMBERS NEVER LIE did or all these all time clutch and comeback stats all over the web not to mention the highest 2 minute drill QB rating of all time. This guy has quickly become one of my favorite Cowboys ever. I might even have to buy a 9 jersey and I'm not a jersey guy..lol...

vCash
    I've always been high on Romo. He just never stood a chance after the FG botch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by notoriousbig21 View Post
    He's been available really late in all my fantasy leagues and I've purposely not taken a qb early because I know I can get him later. I think he's gonna be great and im not sure why everyone is down on him.
    Everyone must play fantasy football much different than me and my friends. In our league QB's always rack up a TON of points. I see most teams still focusing on RB's but other than Peterson, McCoy, Charles, and Beastmode running backs are pretty much a dime a dozen they way they are used now by teams.

As for Romo no matter how many stats he puts up or 4th quarter comebacks he has he will have to have playoff success to be considered an elite QB or an all time great. It may not be fair but its true. Until then he will always be known as the best of the non-elite QB's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Everyone must play fantasy football much different than me and my friends. In our league QB's always rack up a TON of points. I see most teams still focusing on RB's but other than Peterson, McCoy, Charles, and Beastmode running backs are pretty much a dime a dozen they way they are used now by teams.

As for Romo no matter how many stats he puts up or 4th quarter comebacks he has he will have to have playoff success to be considered an elite QB or an all time great. It may not be fair but its true. Until then he will always be known as the best of the non-elite QB's.
    Depends if you do 4 or 6 points for TD passes and PPR or .5 I guess.

I agree. He'll never be respected by most NFL fans unless he wins a SB. It's a shame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by notoriousbig21 View Post
    Depends if you do 4 or 6 points for TD passes and PPR or .5 I guess.

I agree. He'll never be respected by most NFL fans unless he wins a SB. It's a shame.
    We do 6 points for TD's and -6 if he throws a pick 6. We also give an extra point for any play over 50 yards. Oh and its not a PPR league.

And I don't think Romo has to win a SB to be respected just win a few playoff games and get to a couple NFC Championship games.

vCash
    I don't think he needs to win a SB for respect in fact the last 2 years i have noticed a lot of Romo bashers change the opinion they had on him. Even most of the Eagle fans I know. Of course you will have your share of uneducated fans who probably only watch him when he plays against their teams. One name comes to mind when thinking of the legacy of #9 as it stands right now. Patrick Crayton. The year the Giants won the first SB Dallas was 13- 3 sitting with a first round bye. The Giants come into Irving in the 2nd round and Romo beats them. He seals the deal with a amazing 60 yard catch and run to Patrick Crayton after evading a pass rush rolling to his left and side arming a strike past a coverage linebacker who was running at Romo when he saw him rolling left and thought for sure he was going to bat the ball down if not for the side arm release of Romo after a short quick pump fake. Ball hits Crayton in stride who was slanting from the left to the middle with no one in sight. Probelem is after the ball hit Craytons numbers it then hit the ground . Dallas punts gives up the lead and Romo throws a fourth and goal pick to Terry Glenn who was playing in his first game in a long time and slipped in the end zone. Romo of course is just remembered for that throw when in fact he out played ELI and should have won.

Im not saying they would have won the SB and what the Giants did that year is one for the record books . You can't mess with destiny. But they had home field advantage and 11 pro bowlers on that team. Getting to the SB would have put him in the same category as the QB who he can compare with stat wise but who have also not won a SB. Marino, Fouts, Fran The Man guys like that. That was the one year Jones fielded a team who could compete in every part of the game against any opponent. Romo had a amazing year and if not for a un thinkable year from Fvare and Brady he would have won a MVP.

vCash
    I took him in the 9th round in my draft and I'm just laughing every time i click his name and the espy projection comes up. over 4900 yards and 36 touchdowns. I don't think most fantasy owners get past his name when evaluating..lol..its crazy. I probably could have waited and still got him. But the question marks on defense made my decision for me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    I don't think he needs to win a SB for respect in fact the last 2 years i have noticed a lot of Romo bashers change the opinion they had on him. Even most of the Eagle fans I know. Of course you will have your share of uneducated fans who probably only watch him when he plays against their teams. One name comes to mind when thinking of the legacy of #9 as it stands right now. Patrick Crayton. The year the Giants won the first SB Dallas was 13- 3 sitting with a first round bye. The Giants come into Irving in the 2nd round and Romo beats them. He seals the deal with a amazing 60 yard catch and run to Patrick Crayton after evading a pass rush rolling to his left and side arming a strike past a coverage linebacker who was running at Romo when he saw him rolling left and thought for sure he was going to bat the ball down if not for the side arm release of Romo after a short quick pump fake. Ball hits Crayton in stride who was slanting from the left to the middle with no one in sight. Probelem is after the ball hit Craytons numbers it then hit the ground . Dallas punts gives up the lead and Romo throws a fourth and goal pick to Terry Glenn who was playing in his first game in a long time and slipped in the end zone. Romo of course is just remembered for that throw when in fact he out played ELI and should have won.

Im not saying they would have won the SB and what the Giants did that year is one for the record books . You can't mess with destiny. But they had home field advantage and 11 pro bowlers on that team. Getting to the SB would have put him in the same category as the QB who he can compare with stat wise but who have also not won a SB. Marino, Fouts, Fran The Man guys like that. That was the one year Jones fielded a team who could compete in every part of the game against any opponent. Romo had a amazing year and if not for a un thinkable year from Fvare and Brady he would have won a MVP.
    Hey don't forget about the fasano drop right after halftime and we had to settle for the fg.

Then that pass before the interception, I think it was crayton who slowed down and Romo led him perfectly if he never slowed down and it would've been a TD.

Here is the video if you can stomach it. It's pretty brutal to watch.

1:19:00 and 2:08:00. Ugh, sickening.

Giants Vs Dallas 2007 Divisional Playoffs: http://youtu.be/UszLyl0ciQU

vCash
    It's obvious why people are so down on Romo. It's the usual Cowboys hatred among the masses. Imagine this team had no Romo. Typical anti Cowboys propaganda. Case in point but slightly off topic, Welker gets busted for Molly. It's already as if it never happened. Imagine if it were Dez...

vCash
    He's definitely one of my favorite players. He's been through a lot as a player. If there is one QB in the NFL who deserves a SB ring, it's him!