Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash

Let's Face It, It's All Leigh's Fault

http://b.bm324.com/public/?q=ulink&f....VAYoqQ.LmtBDA

MIAMI -- The Mets have fired their senior vice president in charge of ticket sales, Fred Kerber reports in the Post.

The Mets officially are averaging 27,034 per game, which ranks 21st in MLB. The team averaged 26,695 a season ago, and could finish below that average this year because September figures to be a slow month.

Writes Kerber:

Fans weren’t paying at the box office so a Mets executive paid with her job.

With only the Diamondbacks and Marlins selling fewer tickets in the National League than the Mets, the team has fired Leigh Castergine, senior vice president, ticket sales and services who had been with the team since 2010.

“Leigh Castergine, Senior Vice President of Ticket Sales & Services, is no longer with the organization. Although no replacement has been named yet, we have a talented staff in place to handle all ticket related business while we embark on a national search for this role,” the team said Sunday in a statement to The Post.

So, yes, it's all Leigh's fault we're losing and as a result she lost her job......

Your thoughts.....

If We Can't Get Tulo Then Sign This Free Agent For Shortstop

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Maybe if we actually had a competent team unlike the last 3, 4 yrs tickets would sell. Yeah if I was still in NY I'd go to the ball park to get out but the way this team has been run the last couple of yrs it's been sickening for the die hards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    http://b.bm324.com/public/?q=ulink&f....VAYoqQ.LmtBDA

MIAMI -- The Mets have fired their senior vice president in charge of ticket sales, Fred Kerber reports in the Post.

The Mets officially are averaging 27,034 per game, which ranks 21st in MLB. The team averaged 26,695 a season ago, and could finish below that average this year because September figures to be a slow month.

Writes Kerber:

Fans weren’t paying at the box office so a Mets executive paid with her job.

With only the Diamondbacks and Marlins selling fewer tickets in the National League than the Mets, the team has fired Leigh Castergine, senior vice president, ticket sales and services who had been with the team since 2010.

“Leigh Castergine, Senior Vice President of Ticket Sales & Services, is no longer with the organization. Although no replacement has been named yet, we have a talented staff in place to handle all ticket related business while we embark on a national search for this role,” the team said Sunday in a statement to The Post.

So, yes, it's all Leigh's fault we're losing and as a result she lost her job......

Your thoughts.....
    Maybe the reason why this person was fired had nothing to do with attendance.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Lmao yeah am sure it had nothing to so with attendance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Maybe -- but people get fired for lots of reasons. I would not be so presumptuous to pretend I knew the reason. You? Ticket director might not probably in charge of marketing BTW. The fact that this person was fired in-season gives me cause to believe there may have been an internal disagreement that came to a head. And/or maybe this person is the one that came up with the idea for that goofy mid-season letter.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 09-03-2014 at 06:44 AM.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Yes Dug am sure ticket sales has nothing to so with it.

Lmao

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Are you suggesting that this person was kanoodling with some of the interns at the office BBQ?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    I'm kind of with Dug here. I've seen many good productive workers get fired because of various reasons that were not related to their productivity.

Over the years because of various experiences with women in workplace environment, I've evolved into a sexist on this topic. It's a fairly good bet (>70%) that she's incompetent and needed to be replaced by somebody wtih a functioning brain and/or she was an office troublemaker. She likely reached that position in the first place without the professional qualifications.
    Last edited by WrightStuff82; 09-03-2014 at 07:26 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post
    I'm kind of with Dug here. I've seen many good productive workers get fired because of various reasons that were not related to their productivity.

Over the years because of various experiences with women in workplace environment, I've evolved into a sexist on this topic. It's a fairly good bet (>70%) that she's incompetent and needed to be replaced by somebody wtih a functioning brain and/or she was an office troublemaker. She likely reached that position in the first place without the professional qualifications.
    So arguing equal pay for equal work would be futile with you then.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    So arguing equal pay for equal work would be futile with you then.
    Based purely on sex and nothing else. Yes.
    Based on job performance, No.

Two people who perform the same job with identical productivity should be paid the same. That's not always the case and that's not what most "Equal Pay" legislature that is proposed would accomplish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post

Just WOW.

How do you come to that conclusion?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Looks like scapegoating from where I am standing, owners fail to invest, ticket sales poor, team doesn't compete, tickets sales again poor - gotta fire somebody.

I'd be pretty sure attendance hasn't been disappointing because of someone's failure in the ticket dept. People have tons of options for their entertainment dollars especially in a metropolis, if the Mets were competing right now the park would be packed, i'm also pretty sure of that.

A team in New York isn't 21st in attendance because of incompetent admin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    EXACTLY. I mean, are we going to ignore Curtis Grandersons disappointing year? Someone had to take the blame for it. and Clearly it was Leigh's fault.

vCash
    Leigh may have been paid too much so Fred needs a cheaper replacement to pay the electric bill.

vCash
    She was fired because she didn't meet her sales goal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast