Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Report: Lakers contact Robert Horry about assistant-coaching job

vCash
    Mike Bresnahan ✔ @Mike_Bresnahan
    Follow
    Byron Scott's staff taking shape soon. Possibilities: Paul Pressey, Mark Madsen and...Robert Horry. Lakers recently contacted Horry about it

vCash
    would actually love to have a staff of former lakers. I think i'll take anything now that we've dealt with antoni.

vCash
    Would rather Payton over Madison

vCash
    Hell yea bring back mad dawg the dancing man!!!

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    We all say we hate Jim Buss (...I do as well) - and for good reason. But wouldn't we all be infinitely happier if this "phase" that we are in actually pans out?

Digging back into your championship roots is what Jim Buss believes his father would have recommended. I think that the coaching moves have been sound - and to be honest, the roster is a wait and see situation. After not watching the final 54 games last year, I will be back to my "don't miss a minute" ways.

I love the concept of ring bearing ex-lakers filling the coaching slots. They know what it's like to have the honor of repping the PnG. That's what we have been missing more than any thing else during the D'Antoni era - the feeling of indigestion if you let the fans down as a player/coach. I truly wish that this vibe returns. As a fan - that is what I hung my hat on day in and day out.

The season can't start soon enough. Viva la Vino.

vCash
    What is taking so long to assemble this coaching staff? I wonder if everyone is saying no ???

The lost boys

vCash
    I would like to think that the F/O is doing their due diligence this time. Actually putting together a staff that can be a cohesive unit like the players are supposed to be.

That's my dream and I'm sticking to it!

vCash
    Taking your time to get it right, and picking Mark Madsen are not the same thing.

vCash
    No to Madsen. Cant Luke Walton be the token white guy assistant? We love Luuuuuuuuuuke.....

vCash
    screw dat!!! call Payton and Nate Mcmillan. But anywho, we should know something about 6months from as far as who will be on the coaching staff...

vCash
    Madsen has no business coaching in the NBA...he would do great in the NJB and cheering for those 8 yr olds when they get blown out by the other team.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, your 2013-2014 Los Angeles Lakers:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    No to Madsen. Cant Luke Walton be the token white guy assistant? We love Luuuuuuuuuuke.....
    Speak for yourself. Luke (or as we used to call him around here: Puke) was a complete waste of space. He received probably the worst contract the Lakers have ever handed out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leather Balls View Post
    Speak for yourself. Luke (or as we used to call him around here: Puke) was a complete waste of space. He received probably the worst contract the Lakers have ever handed out.
    Fortunately (or unfortunately) this is a topic with no shortage for debate. Because while the Luke contract was terrible, the others that immediately come to mind are: Vlad Rad, Sasha, Nash and Kobe
    Ladies and Gentlemen, your 2013-2014 Los Angeles Lakers:

vCash
    We're talking about coaches not players Madsen is a good coach.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast