Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Irsay Pleads Guilty, Suspended 6 Games, Fined $500K By NFL

Just hours after Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay pleaded guilty to a charge of driving while intoxicated in an Indiana courtroom, he received his additional punishment from the NFL.
    On Tuesday, he entered that plea and was sentenced to one year's probation and had his driver's license revoked for a year. As terms of his probation, he will be subject to monthly drug testing.
    Irsay's full sentence includes 60 days to in the Hamilton County (Ind.) jail, according to the Hamilton County Prosecutor's Office. Fifty-eight days of his sentence were suspended, and Irsay was given two days of credit for the one day he served on March 17.

The court imposed costs of $168.50 and a $200 alcohol countermeasure fee, the release states. The court also recommended that Irsay's license be suspended for a period of 90 days.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...olis/14964761/

The NFL suspended Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay on Tuesday for six games and fined him $500,000 for violating the league's Personal Conduct Policy.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...mes-fined-500k

vCash
    Pretty solid tactic by his lawyers. Get preseason over, get the plea filed, then get back before the trade deadline.

vCash
    It'll be good to get this behind the franchise. I don't think it impacts anything on the field. I hope Irsay truly gets healthy - he's a good owner who cares about winning, the franchise and the city, not just making money.

No Twitter - my chances of winning one of his contests just went from doubtful to not possible until mid-October.

vCash
    Fair and necessary. I think we'll be okay and he'll continue to improve.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    Here is my question....can he have any interaction with his daughters since they are employed by the team? For example would having them over for dinner or calling them just to check on them or give them a progress update on his rehab be a violation of this suspension?

Seems like taking his support group and family away would be the worst thing they could do....but the NFL likes to make blanket rules.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    Here is my question....can he have any interaction with his daughters since they are employed by the team? For example would having them over for dinner or calling them just to check on them or give them a progress update on his rehab be a violation of this suspension?

Seems like taking his support group and family away would be the worst thing they could do....but the NFL likes to make blanket rules.
    I doubt Goodell is dumb enough to bar Irsay from his daughters. I think it would only become an issue if he were to discuss team functions with them, but let's be honest, none of them have any true experience running the franchise. Irsay will be right there to help if they ask.

vCash
    Yeah, Roger won't block Irsay from seeing his family. Plus how would NFL prevent them from talking football... is NFL going to force Irsay to wear a mic 24/7?
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden