Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Bills Sign Kyle Orton

This 5 Million 1 year guaranteed contract, with a 2nd year option, might be a little more interesting than some people think. It also ties into the fact that the players of the team, did not pick EJ to be one of the team captains. In the NFL, only 5 teams, all with QB problems, did not pick their QB as captain.

The Bills will be bringing in a 3rd QB within a few days. There is no way they go into a game with only two QB's with KneeJ on the team. I hope they bring in Terrell Pryor. If they were smart, they would also pick up Sams from St Louis. We need the depth at LB.

vCash
    Tuels on our practice squad, not signing anymore qbs. Doug Marrone said that Orton will be ready to play week one if our offense is **** again on Sunday.

Leafs, Raps, Jays, and Bills fan!

vCash
    Being on the practice squad does not help the Bills at 1PM Sunday afternoon.

The Bills need one more QB on the active roster by Saturday. Going with only two QB's, with EJ's medical history, would be one of the worst coaching decisions ever made. There is a very high likelihood that EJ could get hurt. As a rookie, 3 hits led to 3-knee surgeries. If he gets hurt against Chicago, Orton comes in with Freddy Jackson as the backup. I highly doubt they enter a game day with that scenario looming.

We need a 3rd string QB, Terrell Prior would fit in nicely to that slot. He would even be more likely to come into a game if KneeJ gets hurt. Orton has not done anything all pre season, while Pryor has been playing and practicing with the Super Bowl Champs.

It also has been reported by Philadelphia Media, that the Eagles are committed to Mark Sanchez and they are currently attempting to trade Matt Barkly. They said he will either go for a 5-7th round pick or a future consideration pick, which could be as high as a 3rd rounder, depending on his win loss record, if he starts for the team. Just a few teams are reportedly interested and are in talks with the Eagles. No teams were identified. I strongly believe that Buffalo keeping that 3rd QB roster spot open is a sign that someone else is on the way. I was surprised that the Bills kept TE Gragg. This offense does not need 3 TE's. When a 3rd QB comes in, Gragg could be the cut.
    Last edited by sabres11; 09-03-2014 at 11:05 AM.

vCash
    Michael Sam is a DE, not a LB. We have no need for him at this time.

The Bills won't bring in a 3rd QB. It's normal for teams to only carry 2 QBs on the active roster. Teams don't want to waste a roster spot. What are the chances of 2 QB's going down in one game? Sure it can happen, but not likely. Having Tuel on the practice squad means that if one QB gets hurt they'll promote Tuel to the active roster. It was the same last year with Thad Lewis.

You want Terrell Pryor? I agree that it wouldn't be a bad signing...but for someone who criticizes how inaccurate EJ is, I can't imagine you liking Pryor...who's an even worse passer. Also, what has Matt Barkley done? If you'd be satisfied with Barkley, you should be even more satisfied with the Bills getting a QB in the 2nd round next yr.

It is necessary to have 3 TE's. There are times when there are 2 TE's on the field at a time. Anything less than 3 TE's is foolish. I'm pretty sure the Bills actually had 4 TE's last yr when Moeaki was signed.

vCash
    I'd like to see Pryor in here because they wouldn't have to change the gameplan when he comes in. Very similar style to EJ.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Michael Sam is a DE, not a LB. We have no need for him at this time.

The Bills won't bring in a 3rd QB. It's normal for teams to only carry 2 QBs on the active roster. Teams don't want to waste a roster spot. What are the chances of 2 QB's going down in one game? Sure it can happen, but not likely. Having Tuel on the practice squad means that if one QB gets hurt they'll promote Tuel to the active roster. It was the same last year with Thad Lewis.

You want Terrell Pryor? I agree that it wouldn't be a bad signing...but for someone who criticizes how inaccurate EJ is, I can't imagine you liking Pryor...who's an even worse passer. Also, what has Matt Barkley done? If you'd be satisfied with Barkley, you should be even more satisfied with the Bills getting a QB in the 2nd round next yr.

It is necessary to have 3 TE's. There are times when there are 2 TE's on the field at a time. Anything less than 3 TE's is foolish. I'm pretty sure the Bills actually had 4 TE's last yr when Moeaki was signed.
    Pryor is ten times quicker than EJ and if you seen any Oakland games last year, Pryor made throws, but Receivers were just horrible.

As for Barkley, he is what you would call, an average QB. With our receivers, he has more ability than EJ to put the ball right in The numbers. Nobody would have to catch a ball thrown at their knees anymore or jumping ten feet in the air, which is the accuracy we have seen from EJ all preseason. Even screen passes have been hard for him to throw.

As for having two QBs, only teams with a stable one two punch go with just two. KneeJ is far from stable. 3 hits, 3 surgeries. Then we have Orton, who has no practice this year or games played. We are taking it on his word that he is even conditioned right now. So the front office are seriously taking a calculated risk going with 2 QBs. It is definetly far from Normal, for a team with this situation at QB to chance it.

And for the tight ends, Grags will play 2 -4 snaps per game if that. He is an easy cut to make way for another QB on the 53 man roster. If Moeki didn't get hurt again, he would be here in place of Graggs, not in addition to him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Pryor is ten times quicker than EJ and if you seen any Oakland games last year, Pryor made throws, but Receivers were just horrible.

As for Barkley, he is what you would call, an average QB. With our receivers, he has more ability than EJ to put the ball right in The numbers. Nobody would have to catch a ball thrown at their knees anymore or jumping ten feet in the air, which is the accuracy we have seen from EJ all preseason. Even screen passes have been hard for him to throw.

As for having two QBs, only teams with a stable one two punch go with just two. KneeJ is far from stable. 3 hits, 3 surgeries. Then we have Orton, who has no practice this year or games played. We are taking it on his word that he is even conditioned right now. So the front office are seriously taking a calculated risk going with 2 QBs. It is definetly far from Normal, for a team with this situation at QB to chance it.

And for the tight ends, Grags will play 2 -4 snaps per game if that. He is an easy cut to make way for another QB on the 53 man roster. If Moeki didn't get hurt again, he would be here in place of Graggs, not in addition to him.
    That's a lot of assumptions.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    I wonder how long until we see Orton?