Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

So the ideal safety for the Colts is a Free Agent right now

Houston released Chris Clemons. Grigson had a chance to sign him cheap earlier this off season but passed. PLEASE SIGN HIM THIS TIME!
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    I absolutely agree! Pick up the phone and get this guy to Indianapolis immediately. I've wanted Clemons in Colt Blue since FA began. Why it's taking so long, I have no idea.

vCash
    I really wanted him as a 2nd or 3rd wave sign...pretty much the time the Texans got him.

vCash
    Why was he cut?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thaShady View Post
    Why was he cut?
    Thy signed Daniel Manning. I am pretty clueless as to why Clemons hasn't been signed myself. Sergio Brown and Colt Anderson are good special teamers, but the secondary would be vulnerable if they ever have to start.

vCash
    I'm surprised that Safety still has not been addressed. The Colts don't need game changers, but they do need someone who won't leave holes and can wrap up. Maybe now that the OL has been addressed we'll see a change.

Why in the world did they keep Mario Harvey? Just go to a spread formation and get your weapons going vertical. If you need extra protection in the backfield his name is Dwayne Allen.

In other words, use that roster spot for a safety, please.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ponderingpluto View Post
    Thy signed Daniel Manning. I am pretty clueless as to why Clemons hasn't been signed myself. Sergio Brown and Colt Anderson are good special teamers, but the secondary would be vulnerable if they ever have to start.
    The secondary is already vulnerable even though they aren't starting.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    I'm just simply speechless that its not come to pass. I'm still holding out hope that it will happen but that hope is dimming quickly. The Secondary is vulnerable and I'd much rather have Clemons than Adams @ FS. Why Grigs .....WHYYYYYYYY?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dsolms View Post
    I'm surprised that Safety still has not been addressed. The Colts don't need game changers, but they do need someone who won't leave holes and can wrap up. Maybe now that the OL has been addressed we'll see a change.

Why in the world did they keep Mario Harvey? Just go to a spread formation and get your weapons going vertical. If you need extra protection in the backfield his name is Dwayne Allen.

Personally I like a formation on the goal line and 3rd and short with a FB in front of TRich and Allen playing TE. Havili had some big plays last year because teams tend to completely forget about the FB...especially going against a team like us where he is the 5th option at best.

Also going vertical too much was the only complaint I really saw about Arians...you go vertical, it takes time to let them get down field. This isn't the NCAA where spreading the field confuses defenses...it may work for a week or two, but going with nothing but spread formations and we suddenly become predictable and our run game is completely forgotten about since a draw or a pistol read option or something is about our only option....
    Last edited by matthollabak; 09-03-2014 at 01:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    Personally I like a formation on the goal line and 3rd and short with a FB in front of TRich and Allen playing TE. Havili had some big plays last year because teams tend to completely forget about the FB...especially going against a team like us where he is the 5th option at best.

Also going vertical too much was the only complaint I really saw about Arians...you go vertical, it takes time to let them get down field. This isn't the NCAA where spreading the field confuses defenses...it may work for a week or two, but going with nothing but spread formations and we suddenly become predictable and our run game is completely forgotten about since a draw or a pistol read option or something is about our only option....
    I too like the idea of a FB in the mix with Allen playing TE. Heck, throw Boom Herron in there with T Rich even using some type of split or offset backfield while using Allen @ TE then TY and Reggie on the outside.

Arians made me crazy with the constant 7 step drops and going vertical all the time. Going vertical constantly certainly does make you predictable and easy for a Defense to game plan against. Might as well just let Luck play QB & RB and run the ball while going 5 wide all the time.

vCash
    Do we know if we have even contacted his agent?! WTF is going oooonnnnnnnnnnnn?!

vCash
    We have no depth. We should pick up Champ too. At least have a body out there. ****.

vCash
    Do we know if we have even contacted his agent?! WTF is going oooonnnnnnnnnnnn?!
    You act as if the fans are the ones making the decisions. I think there is little chance that Grigson goes out and does much as long as Irsay is suspended. None to mention, Houston cutting Clemons says a lot. Their safety depth is as bad as the Colts. Clearly, there is a story that isn't being reported and that's the reason why a guy that signed a two year contract this off-season has already been cut.

No thanks. Champ is good as done. At this point in his career, he's no better than what the Colts already have. They have good depth at CB, which is not an issue, safety is the issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dsolms View Post

I don't disagree. I like Havili, and when he's healthy, think he should be on the roster. However, I don't think thatMario Harvey is the answer. The pint that I didn't make very clear is that when Donald Brown had success last season it was when they spread the offense. When Richardson came in it seemed like they went "big" more often. My point is put Richardson in situations where the team has been successful in the past.

vCash
    I think there's some kind of contractual thing that happens after week 1. Something about guaranteed money, etc...
    #3in5

<3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast