Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Most Overrated Players?

Not sure if someone has already made one of these recently but simple question who do you think are the most overrated players in the NBA?

Mine would have to be James Harden and Kyrie.

Wad3 County

vCash
    LeBron James

#HandItOnly2Bell

vCash
    Generally, I don't think anyone is overrated. I can only think of a couple athletes in history who were overrated by the masses in my opinion. Emmitt Smith, Bill Russell, Dereck Jeter are the main culprits, but if I gotta say who is the most overrated player in the NBA who really isn't overrated...I'd say Steph Curry. I think he gets put on a pedestal, even though there are probably 5 other pgs just as good that could and most like will destroy him on the offensive end. But like I said he's really not overrated, just gets more props than others who IMO deserve the same.

vCash
    Chris Paul

She can turn my "Paige" anytime!

vCash
    James
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions: 54
    Yards: 779
    Tds: 10

vCash
    BronBron

vCash
    Well, I see that this is gonna go very well

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

vCash
    I know i'm going to kill by this, but **** it. Kobe is the most overrated player in the NBA.

We all know what happens when "arguably the second best player ever" doesn't have a star player or two next to him.

vCash

Most Overrated Players?

Wade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lamzoka View Post
    I know i'm going to kill by this, but **** it. Kobe is the most overrated player in the NBA.

We all know what happens when "arguably the second best player ever" doesn't have a star player or two next to him.
    Yeah. He scores a ridiculous amount of points on Dallas in three quarters and makes history with 81 points. Clearly over rated.

vCash
    I will go with Kevin Love here. No playoffs.

vCash
    My all overrated team would look something like:

PG Rajon Rondo
    SG Dwyane Wade
    SF Kawhi Leonard
    PF Lamarcus Aldridge
    C Greg Monroe

Rondo was already overrated in his prime, because the average NBA fan goes ******* over his assist totals without realizing he's an otherwise atrocious offensive player with one of the worst jumpshots of any guard in the NBA an abysmal efficiency. Now that he's missed the majority of the last two seasons and was a train wreck last year, he's getting even more overrated, because some people act like he's going to come back and play at his prime level when he hasn't been that guy for 2-3 years.

Wade just keeps playing fewer minutes, producing less and showing up less and big moments as he's getting older. Some fans on PSD act like he's still the best SG in the NBA, but he's not remotely close to that level of play and he just got done completely flaking in the Finals. He does get a chance to redeem himself this season without Lebron to lean on, though, so we'll see if he can become that dominant guy again.

Leonard's that rare player who deserves most of the acclaim he's received, but is just overrated because fans forget who he is. He's an elite defensive player and an extremely efficient score who could be a solid No. 3 on most contending teams. But when you have posters debating for weeks whether a No. 3 guy could be a No. 1 on a contending team, that guy has gotten way overrated.

I have nothing against LMA. In fact, I was a huge fan of him when he played for UT and I wish him all the best. But last season people were talking about him in the top 10 conversation, and he's not remotely that level of a player. He's a PF that scores 23 points on 21 shots per game, shot poorer than 46% from the floor and boasted a 50.7% TS% last season. For a big man, he's extremely inefficient. Sure he's an excellent mid-range shooter, but that accounts for far too much of his offense.

And Monroe is just a young guy who hasn't reached his potential yet, but I feel like people treat him like a max player at times. The bottom line is that he's not very efficient offensively, he's a below average defensive player and he's not particularly exceptional at any aspect of the game. He's a decent 15/10 guy who you have to hide on the defensive side of the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers2000 View Post
    Yeah. He scores a ridiculous amount of points on Dallas in three quarters and makes history with 81 points. Clearly over rated.

KOBE'S NBA RECORDS

NBA record for most missed shots in a regular season

NBA record for most career FG misses

NBA record for most missed buzzer beaters

NBA record for most missed shots in a finals series

NBA record for most missed shots in a playoffs series

NBA record only finals MVP to not shoot above 50% in a single game (He did it 2009 and 2010)

NBA record for worst shooting performance by any finals MVP in history (40%)

NBA record of the top 10 scorers of all to time Kobe has the lowest shooting %

NBA record there are only 13 games in history where someone shot below 50% and reach 50 points. Kobe is
    responsible for 7 of those 13 games

Kobe's selfishness and ego cost the Lakers the title in 2004

Shaq averaged 26.6 points per game with a .631 FG %, while Kobe averaged 22.6 points per game with a [B] .381 FG%. But he still took nearly 6 shots more than Shaq a game.

Kobe decided that he was going to be the man, even if it cost the team.

Phil Jackson‘s book “The Last Season: A Team in Search of Its Soul,” in Kobe’s exit interview with him Kobe said, “I’m tired of being a sidekick.

He was willing to do whatever it takes to get that finals MVP. He was tired of Shaq winning it every year

5 Rings, 2 Finals MVP 1 Regular season MVP
    Last edited by lamzoka; 09-01-2014 at 10:52 PM.

vCash
    First let me say that most overrated players are pretty darn good players. People do not tend to over rate many scrubs. Sure hall of fame baseball players like Jeter and Arod were voted most over rated often. With that disclaimer this is easy for me. Dwayne Wade. I have thought this for a long time. I believe his rep is based more on being a very good stat complier than a superstar. 22nd all time on the PSD list? Before Patrick? I can not imagine a GM in the history of the world taking D Wade before Patrick Ewing. If D Wade did not win rings with Shaq and Lebron would his rep be the same?

vCash
    Wade.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast