Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

VS New England predictions

With game 1 against our biggest opponent of the season I was wondering how does everyone feel about next weeks game? Personally I am mixed. I have hope and pessimism.

Depending on where you look the early vegas line has us a 4 1/2-5 point underdog.

In my opinion going into game 1 the Dolphins have more uncertainty than any season in the recent past. The beauty of football is every season there is a team that no one expected to do well plays above expectations. Last season Philly went from 4-12 the previous season to 10-6 last season. Arizona went from 5-11 to 10-6, and Kansas City went from 2-14 to 11-5.

Going into week 1 I look at the Dolphins and we have a new offensive Coordinator, we have 5 new starting Oline, a new starting RB, 3 new starting defensive backs, our OLB was moved to ILB and our ILB was moved to OLB, and our running stopping NT was replaced with a unknown quantity, add to that we have a developing QB who is entering his 3rd season which is historically the season QB's improve the most.

After seeing Philly turn their season completely around with the hiring of a new coach and changing philosophy their is reason for hope. In my opinion our defense carried us last season to a mediocre season, our offense dragged us under, my biggest concern besides the offense being once again horrible is replacing Patterson/Carroll with Finnegan. Finnegan was horrible last season and if plays like he did last season we are likely to regress and not improve on our 8-8 record.

Because of so much change I would think we are likely to start off slow, I am not happy unless we win but if we come out and battle New England I will feel optimistic. Last season Carroll and Grimes shut down Brady until injuries forced backups into the game. Can we expect that kind of defense again against Brady?

vCash
    No idea. We will see how Philbin has grown with this game. Until now, he has been out coached every time he has faced the Pats. He has been miserable at halftime adjustments, so I'm undecided. I truly believe we have more talent than the Pats, but they obviously have the coaching.

vCash

VS New England predictions

We were 1-1 against them last year. The game we lost we were up 14 at one point. We have an offensive coordinator with a brain now so we won't pass when up 14 and lose the lead.

Browner is out and gronk will be part-time. Yes we don't have reshad or dion but I'm still optimistic and excited.

They haven't seen our new offense so week 1 is the best time to play a team like the pats with their good coaching and/or video taping tendencies

vCash
    I feel pretty dang good about this game for us. Here's the thing . . . our main strength on defense is our DL. NE's main weakness on offense is their OL (even before Mankins trade). Our DL should control the line of scrimmage on Sunday, and create pressue up the middle on Brady, which is where he gets in trouble. He has huge poise in the pocket and awesome vision, but if you get up that middle on him and make him run around and scramble . . . He will turn the ball over or take the sack under that pressue up the gut.

I am absolutely feeling Hartline/Gibson this game too. Revis will be glued to Wallace, leaving Hartline and Gibson versus their sub-par secondary. I think Hartline goes nuts this game with 10/120/1.

Since I live in Pats country up here in MA . . . let me tell you that the media and fans have no worries about this game at all. They think that it is an unstoppable win for NE. Its pretty ridiculous to hear really. I don't think they grasp the concept that our defense is pretty nasty . . . take into effect a faster offense and a beautifully humid day . . . NE is in store for a real tough game.

MIA-28
    NE-17

vCash
    Last year we played really well against the pats in both games. I think we would have won the first one if we didn't miss that field goal in the 3rd quarter. It swung the momentum to the pats and they became unstoppable. Philbin game plans really well for this team, however he doesn't make the necessary halftime adjustments to keep up with Bill.

Also, we haven't really shown our offense in preseason yet outside of the first drive against Atlanta. We still have a few surprises. The pats defense is going to be tough and with Gronk returning Brady is going to exploit our weaknesses like Wheeler. I think we really need to start off with a win with a contender like the patriots it'll give us so much momentum to start off the season.

vCash
    This is by far our best oppurtunity to shock the world. And set the tone for the season. If Lazor has a gameplan that is going to work this is the game we would get the most shock to a defense. If we score 25 a game this year and the defense gets back to stopping the run like they did in 2012... this team will be a serious threat to the AFC big dogs...

vCash
    We need to put pressure in the middle of the line which is the way to get to Brady, and with Mankins gone that should be an easier thing to do. Hopefully we'll be getting to Brady all game and getting him off rhythm because if he gets a thing going with Gronk early he'll feed him all game and our defense will die in the Miami heat.

vCash
    Don't turn the Ball over and capitalize
    on turn overs from patriots.
    and run the ball effectively
    play physical against gronk
    don't matter how they win as long as we beat them I am happy

NO hunger Foul
    Highest scoring points
    regular season Champ
    2012 PSD Fantasy football Champion

No Hunger Foul
    2x Def-con1 Squad Champion(1000$ League)
    Highest scoring points
    2011 and 2012 Champion

vCash
    No dumb turnovers (int's/fumbles in the redzone)

No dumb penalties on 3rd down to extend Tom Brady's drives

Get off the field on 3rd down when on defense

Run the ball... Run the ball... Run the ball, its going to be hot (I believe in the 90's) wear out the defense

LB's vs. Gronk

Wake and OV vs. Brady

we win those match ups we win the game

vCash
    Miami - 40
    NE -17

this is one of 3 games the first week that I believe will be a blowout. only NE players that can hurt us Vereen, Edelman and the TEs. our CBs will shut down their below avg outside WRs so we just need to make sure to cover the flats and middle as best we can and tackle well in space. McCain will be very vital for this game because I believe he will take the role of Dion Jordan and follow Vereen or Gronk.

on the offensive side its simple. dont commit dumb penalties and dont turn it over. I dont think NE has a good enough defense to stop us bc I think our offense will be great this yr and Revis's biggest flaw is speed WRs. be interesting to see if Wallace can get open when he motions on him. if he can its going to be a long night for Revis

Browner couldnt cover Hartline even if he was playing

only player on D that worries me is Jaime Collins. Clay and our slot wrs are a mismatch to most teams. this isnt one of them bc of him

this isnt the type of game where you run the ball run the ball run the ball imo. we should be able to run but we want NE on their heels. this is a game where we need to pass more often than not
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 09-03-2014 at 06:43 PM.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Miami - 40
    NE -17

this is one of 3 games the first week that I believe will be a blowout. only NE players that can hurt us Vereen, Edelman and the TEs. our CBs will shut down their below avg outside WRs so we just need to make sure to cover the flats and middle as best we can and tackle well in space. McCain will be very vital for this game because I believe he will take the role of Dion Jordan and follow Vereen or Gronk.

on the offensive side its simple. dont commit dumb penalties and dont turn it over. I dont think NE has a good enough defense to stop us bc I think our offense will be great this yr and Revis's biggest flaw is speed WRs. be interesting to see if Wallace can get open when he motions on him. if he can its going to be a long night for Revis

Browner couldnt cover Hartline even if he was playing

only player on D that worries me is Jaime Collins. Clay and our slot wrs are a mismatch to most teams. this isnt one of them bc of him

this isnt the type of game where you run the ball run the ball run the ball imo. we should be able to run but we want NE on their heels. this is a game where we need to pass more often than not
    If that result were to occur... Miami would start the super bowl parade on monday, and ESPN would literally poop themselves lol

Also, Browner is suspended the first 4 games...

Hartline will be covered by Revis IMO b/c of Wallace's speed.

What they will do to Wallace is roll a safety over top and double him.

That leaves Clay, Gibson, Matthews and the running game to beat the Pats.
    Last edited by WildPhins10; 09-03-2014 at 07:44 PM.

vCash
    I think this game sets up nicely for Gibson and hopefully Moreno. Are we going to get a real game thread?

vCash
    40? Seriously?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    40? Seriously?
    You going into every thread doing this same thing or are you going to eventually post something useful?

I say 24-20 MIA wins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WildPhins10 View Post
    If that result were to occur... Miami would start the super bowl parade on monday, and ESPN would literally poop themselves lol

Also, Browner is suspended the first 4 games...

Hartline will be covered by Revis IMO b/c of Wallace's speed.

What they will do to Wallace is roll a safety over top and double him.

That leaves Clay, Gibson, Matthews and the running game to beat the Pats.
    I wouldnt start the parade because I think NE is on their downfall and dont think their D is a top 10 one. their biggest move by many was Revis but imo it was Wright but it cost them part of their OL.

Moreno should have the biggest game for us. for them Wright or Edelman

our offense to me is a top 10 one and I dont think their D can handle it. to me this game sets up like the first time we unveiled the Wildcat.

also after looking at the schedule again I realized we play every powerhouse offense in the NFL minus NO but yet only 1 good defense. our defense is like better than all of them minus 1 and after seeing GB I think we can smoke GB

course they have to put it together and show it against NE but if they do put it together and do what they are capable of I am starting to think that not only are we a playoff team but a first round bye in the playoffs type of team. Jones, Jordan and Pouncey all back after the bye week we should be a legit team this year that contends in the AFC

Seattle blowing out GB was 1 of the 3 games I had as a blowout. this is the 2nd one.. NO blowing out ATL is the 3rd one
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 09-05-2014 at 08:33 PM.
    Take Notes Rook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast