Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,040
    vCash
    1500

    Canadian Men's National Team

    Was watching a little FIBA today and was starting to wonder who we should put out next year on our team for the FIBA America's.

    Who would you guys put out?

    I think the seven guys that would for sure have spots if they wanted would be...

    Cory Joseph
    Tyler Ennis
    Nik Stauskas
    Andrew Wiggins
    Tristan Thompson
    Andrew Nicholson
    Kelly Olynyk

    After that you can get kind of creative with the last five spots. There are a couple more NBA players that you might want to go with but it might be important to have leadership too. The majority of the above core are way too young.

    Guys that come to mind are...

    Anthony Bennett
    Dwight Powell
    Robert Sacre
    Carl English
    Melvin Ejim
    Brady Heslip
    Andy Rautins
    Junior Cadougan
    Myck Kabongo
    Jordan Bachynski

    It's tough but I'd probably bring English along for experience, Ejim looks like a good glue guy to have off the bench, Bennett, and then after that I have no idea.

    What do you guys think?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,306
    vCash
    1500
    I've always liked Rautins even though his dad is annoying as ****.
    OT but we need either a black color analysist, or a more exciting play by play guy. The radio guys are much better.

    Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,040
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I've always liked Rautins even though his dad is annoying as ****.
    OT but we need either a black color analysist, or a more exciting play by play guy. The radio guys are much better.
    OT but can someone give me an intro to the Leo hate? I mean I don't love him on TV but he usually knows what he's talking about - or am I off base there? Is it his smugness? The Dalembert crap issues?

    On topic though kind of just thought about how good Nash would be as the third point guard on this team lol. Leadership, good shooter, would get our bigs going. Only issue would be his defense but he wouldn't have to play too much. Really too bad he retired from international play because he would be perfect.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,306
    vCash
    1500
    I'm sure Nash will have a hand in coaching.

    Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,592
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I'm sure Nash will have a hand in coaching.
    Nash is going to be GM and Triano is going to be the coach.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,392
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureGM View Post
    Was watching a little FIBA today and was starting to wonder who we should put out next year on our team for the FIBA America's.

    Who would you guys put out?

    I think the seven guys that would for sure have spots if they wanted would be...

    Cory Joseph
    Tyler Ennis
    Nik Stauskas
    Andrew Wiggins
    Tristan Thompson
    Andrew Nicholson
    Kelly Olynyk

    After that you can get kind of creative with the last five spots. There are a couple more NBA players that you might want to go with but it might be important to have leadership too. The majority of the above core are way too young.

    Guys that come to mind are...

    Anthony Bennett
    Dwight Powell
    Robert Sacre
    Carl English
    Melvin Ejim
    Brady Heslip
    Andy Rautins
    Junior Cadougan
    Myck Kabongo
    Jordan Bachynski

    It's tough but I'd probably bring English along for experience, Ejim looks like a good glue guy to have off the bench, Bennett, and then after that I have no idea.

    What do you guys think?
    I would add one of Powell or Sacre. My guess is Powell because of his athletic ability. As for the 12th man I think it is a toss up between Heslip, Rautins and Cadougan at this point.

    Olynyk/Powell
    Thompson/Bennett/Nicholson
    Wiggins/Ejim
    Staukas/English
    Ennis/Joseph

    An extra guard makes sense to me depending on training camp I guess. Hopefully most of them play we are starting to get decent top end talent now. In 4 years time we should start to have some depth but it isn't really there yet.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,592
    vCash
    1500
    A lot of the boys that Ro Russell ****ed over could make it too like Mikyle and Rathan Mayes. IMO depending on how Lyles or Zabo develop this year they could be good candidates too.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    24
    vCash
    1500
    Joel Anthony. There is no reason why they would put Sacre, Powell, Bennett and Nicholson ahead of him. He's a nine year vet and thats how these teams work.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,040
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by easymcqueen View Post
    Joel Anthony. There is no reason why they would put Sacre, Powell, Bennett and Nicholson ahead of him. He's a nine year vet and thats how these teams work.
    I feel dumb for not including him because he's actually a good pick. He also adds that international experience too which is much needed.

    Only reason why I didn't include him was his omission from the exhibition tour team last month. I think they are trying to faze him out but he would be a nice fit on this FIBA America team.

    I like the Thompson, Olynyk, Nicholson, and Anthony front court. Hopefully Bennett comes out hard this year so he can cement himself on this roster.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    244
    vCash
    1500
    Trey lyles is the next great he needs to be in on this squad

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,251
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wax_da_workman View Post
    Trey lyles is the next great he needs to be in on this squad
    x2

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,592
    vCash
    1500
    Thon Maker wants to play for Canada...damn.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,701
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    Thon Maker wants to play for Canada...damn.
    I may be more pumped about Thon than I was with Wiggins.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,259
    vCash
    1500
    Where did he say he wanted to play for Canada ?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    244
    vCash
    1500
    Thon maker???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •