Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

How will you remember Amare when his career is done?

Taking for granted that his best days are behind him but that he can still be a nice veteran presence for teams in search for that in the future, how would you describe Amare's career when it's all said and done? Was he a "what if" story, a perennial all-star who was robbed of a few more such seasons because of injuries, someone that could've taken the next step to super-stardom or just a freak athlete that was half the player he was when his legs weren't so young anymore?

Link to his stats to save some of you the trouble:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...stoudam01.html
    Last edited by arlubas; 09-01-2014 at 08:13 AM.

vCash
    He wasn't borderline, he was absolutely an all-star in Phoenix, and even in New York pre-Melo. Injuries and bad management mucked up his last few years, but i think he's transitioned well to being a complimentary player. Ultimately outside of New York no one is going to remember him for his time with the Knicks. Just like no one really talks about MJ's stint with the Wizards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    He wasn't borderline, he was absolutely an all-star in Phoenix, and even in New York pre-Melo.
    Borderline wasn't even the word I wanted to use, I was going for perennial, I don't know what the hell got into me. I'm fixing it into the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Ultimately outside of New York no one is going to remember him for his time with the Knicks.
    His first couple of seasons with the Knicks get hella overlooked. I had the chance of watching him live back then on a trip to NY and he was a real force back then.
    Last edited by arlubas; 09-01-2014 at 08:15 AM.

vCash
    What if kind of player. Too much injuries. But with the Suns and first years as a Knick he was really good.

"No tats on the right arm.Strictly for buckets" -Nick Young A.K.A Swaggy-P

vCash
    All time greatest Knick!!!!

Contract

vCash
    He's a system guy that was absolutely dominant in dantonis system, unfortunately the only headlines he's been getting lately is "worst contract in the NBA". Combine losing dantoni with injuries he's sustained and his legacy has really taken a hit imo.

I'll remember him, but I bet in 40-50 years, kids won't really think of him as one of the better players in nba history unless he turns things around quick.. He started going downhill at like 28 or something, not good..

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    He was among the first NBA stars I liked in the beginning. His howling and muscles were freaking cool! And I remember he took naked photos for a magazine.

vCash
    He and Nash will always be my all time favorite players. He was so good in phoenix and his first year with the Knicks. Its too bad his knees never lasted. I will remember him for his amazing power dunks and being a awesome pick n roll finisher. Also yelling AND 1 every time he brought it inside lol

vCash
    I REALLY and TRULY think that all of Amare's injuries are behind him.
    He's never going to be asked to do much and at this stage in his career his game has changed more to post up and he knows what his body can handle.

Amareis 31. I say he plays at least another 5 or 6 years and he is going to be pro and vet and a contributor to whatever team he plays on.
    I like to think about Alonzo Mourning's twilight years, or even Grant Hill

vCash

How will you remember Amare when his career is done?

He will probably be a hall of famer when all is said and done. He will be remembered for his dominant years in Phoenix and in NY making basketball relevant again (no amare means no melo). He still can be a contributor off the bench as a scorer so he isn't completely washed up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    He will probably be a hall of famer when all is said and done. He will be remembered for his dominant years in Phoenix and in NY making basketball relevant again (no amare means no melo). He still can be a contributor off the bench as a scorer so he isn't completely washed up
    I think it's a coin flip right now whether or not he makes the Hall, and ultimately is dependent on what he can do for the next 4-5 years.

His floundering recently has clouded my view of his career. His injuries, his amazing defensive incompetence and just the whole NYK experience as a whole are just all too prevalent of a memory for me right now, and (unfairly) I do find myself appreciating his greatness earlier a bit less because of it.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    I held him up there right (at least as potebtial) with KG, Dirk when he was in PHX.

One of my favorite and most exciting PFs to play..such a beast.

But honestly he's definitely faded a bit to me after all the injuries.

Go watch his thing on Netflix if you want to re-like him again..

[I]Originally Posted by mightybosstone:

I would argue that Harden is a much better player offensively today than Kobe was in those years he played with Shaq...
    Howard is also a better defensive center today than Shaq ever was.

vCash
    I won't.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    A human highlight reel pre-injury. A guy that strongly benefited from an uptempo system with a strong and creative pg. A guy that had the injury bug bite him, and take away a few good years of ball. I think he had potential to be the #2 guy on a championship team with his talent

vCash
    He's one of my favorite players. It's a damn shame that his body isn't able to hold up. He was outstanding (at least offensively) during his phoenix days, and pretty much was the one man army leading the Knicks to the playoffs, until they traded away the team for Melo (I'm not saying that as a shot, and seeing how Amar'es held up, probably a good decision).

He was one of the guys who were able to own Duncan 1 on 1 (although it didn't really show in the head to head playoff series). He got like 35 per game on TD in one of those series lol.

I still think he could be a HOFER.... I think his end of career might tail off like another freakish PF who had injury problems; Antonio Mcdyess. Can come off the bench for a good team, and can provide the offensive punch in the secondary.

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast