Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Jason Terry traded to the Rockets

According to Woj, Rockets trade a package of non-guaranteed contracts including Alonzo Gee for Terry and a future second.
    https://twitter.com/wojyahoonba/stat...84457439965184
    I am the hero PSD deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

vCash
    This is an odd acquisition, but it does make a ton of sense. The Rockets needed a veteran guard for the bench who could shoot threes and they not only got Terry, but managed to get two second-round picks in the process. I'm curious to see what else they're giving up aside from Gee. At this point, it's only been announced that it's Gee and "non-guaranteed contracts."

It's definitely going to be odd to see Terry in a Rockets uniform, though.

vCash
    Yuck, MFing YUCK!

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Rondo supposedly announces he wants out of Boston, and we pick up Terry ... wut?

Raising Jersey's first, trophies and banners next...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakeyestx View Post
    Rondo supposedly announces he wants out of Boston, and we pick up Terry ... wut?
    Believe it or not, I'd much rather have Terry than Rondo. They were essentially given assets to take on Terry, while trading for Rondo would mean getting read of pretty much any valuable asset on the roster. Plus, I just hate Rondo's game and he's overpaid.

vCash
    The more I think about this trade, the more I like it. I like getting those two second round picks and Terry can teach Canaan and Daniels a lot.
    Between this trade and Celebgate it's been a great day so far.

vCash
    It's a pretty good trade, in my opinion. Terry is a 38% three-point shooter for his career and was a 15-point key to a championship team only 3 years ago and he was pretty good with the Celtics two years ago, especially in the Playoffs. He just had tough luck with the Nets last year, but still shot the ball pretty well from beyond the arc.

We managed to get a serviceable rotation player and two second-round picks for basically nothing. And his almost $6 million expiring deal might be really useful for something bigger at the deadline or even before.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariza's Better View Post
    The more I think about this trade, the more I like it. I like getting those two second round picks and Terry can teach Canaan and Daniels a lot.
    Between this trade and Celebgate it's been a great day so far.
    What it this in reference to? I'm drawing a blank.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    What it this in reference to? I'm drawing a blank.
    All the nude celeb photos released today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariza's Better View Post
    All the nude celeb photos released today.

Thread ender.

vCash
    Seems as if Bledsoe is more interested in signing a long term contract now rather than signing the one year deal and walking, so as each day goes by the Suns continue to lose leverage in my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tr3ymill3r View Post
    Seems as if Bledsoe is more interested in signing a long term contract now rather than signing the one year deal and walking, so as each day goes by the Suns continue to lose leverage in my opinion.
    It looks like if we were interested in paying him what he wants, the Suns wouldn't say no for a sign-and-trade centered in the Pelicans' pick.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Can the Rockets afford to sign him outright next year? Can they trade out enough cap money contracts to absorb Bledsoe's $12 million or more expectations? Howard, Harden and Ariza's aren't going anywhere (maybe next year for Ariza but not yet), so Terry's expiring $5 or so million, a million and a half from DMo, Canaan and his million and......... that Kostas guy has about $4 million or so, right? So that's about $12 or $13 million but I'm not sure how much extra room the Rockets have in cap space. It'd be nice to keep Beverly and T Jones but some of those second rounders are gone, as would that Pelican's first. But that *could* get it done, I guess. Ehhhhh, right?

Bledsoe/Bev
    Harden/Daniels
    Ariza/Capela
    T Jones/Adrien
    Howard/Dorsey

and then of course Johnson, Ish, Garcia and Covington or whomever rounding out the bench. Although I'm thinking the guards will be a three man group of Bledsoe, Bev and Harden.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 09-02-2014 at 01:18 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Can the Rockets afford to sign him outright next year? Can they trade out enough cap money contracts to absorb Bledsoe's $12 million or more expectations? Howard, Harden and Ariza's aren't going anywhere (maybe next year for Ariza but not yet), so Terry's expiring $5 or so million, a million and a half from DMo, Canaan and his million and......... that Kostas guy has about $4 million or so, right? So that's about $12 or $13 million but I'm not sure how much extra room the Rockets have in cap space. It'd be nice to keep Beverly and T Jones but some of those second rounders are gone, as would that Pelican's first. But that *could* get it done, I guess. Ehhhhh, right?

Bledsoe/Bev
    Harden/Daniels
    Ariza/Capela
    T Jones/Adrien
    Howard/Dorsey

and then of course Johnson, Ish, Garcia and Covington or whomever rounding out the bench. Although I'm thinking the guards will be a three man group of Bledsoe, Bev and Harden.
    I don't think Bledsoe is a legitimate option and, to be honest with you, with his injury history I think I would hold off and go for someone at the trade deadline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stros1fan View Post
    I don't think Bledsoe is a legitimate option and, to be honest with you, with his injury history I think I would hold off and go for someone at the trade deadline.
    Yeah, it could really work, but there's some flaws in the plan. Just throwing out offseason chatter based on what EDU posted.

I'm assuming The Kings will waive Gee and Hopson (if those are the guys) and I'm assuming Morey might actually flip Terry for someone else and that's why the trade isn't official yet. Then again, Terry might just be a 6th or 7th man type of guy and get dealt at the deadline. Man, I can't wait till the season starts for about 17 different reasons.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 09-03-2014 at 03:00 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast