Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,001

    Pats Claim Kelcy Quarles


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,001
    FWIW he graded around a 4th round pick on a lot of Mocks I saw before the draft.

  3. #3
    Aust's Avatar
    Aust is online now BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Definitely somewhere
    Posts
    25,609
    I was just about to come here and post this. Nice grab, have heard a lot of good things about this guy.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    I was just about to come here and post this. Nice grab, have heard a lot of good things about this guy.
    I was reading some Giants media sources and fan posts and saw quite a bit of praise for him.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,296
    It does help that he was blowing up our line when we played the giants

    Look!! You can see the exact moment his little heart breaks =)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Greer, SC
    Posts
    3,213
    Watched him alot in SC, will be a great body to have. Dont expect him to carry a whole D-Line but he can contribute with other good lineman like we have in Jones, Nink and Wilfork.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    278
    Great pickup! I read something about him getting into a fight at a bar or something before the draft, but I honestly didn't understand why he didn't get drafted. I definitely misjudged a lot of players coming out this year because Quarles was one of about 8 players I was shocked didn't get picked.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    42,639
    Dunno if he'll last here, but I had him in my early mocks. Good luck Mr. Quarles.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

    Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,030
    I'm in no risk for what might have been a high pick

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,706
    I don't see him lasting, fringe guys with maturity issues rarely last. If he shuts his mouth, brings his lunchpale, and brings 110%? He could be a great addition. He has the ability.



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    26,651
    Giants fans were saying he was outpreforming some of the vets on the team, strange that he was cut. Locker room issues maybe?
    Rand University



    Rocky Top youíll always be
    Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Greer, SC
    Posts
    3,213
    I think he may get humbled here, in Columbia (where USC is) he and Clowney got special treatment and no rules applied to them, I think he might have a very minor incident get disciplined harshly and wake up and take note of what he has in front of him, because he is very talented so I can see some good come out of him if he takes note on how Wilfork, Jones and Mayo conduct themselves.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    42,639
    Quote Originally Posted by a4anthony View Post
    I think he may get humbled here, in Columbia (where USC is) he and Clowney got special treatment and no rules applied to them, I think he might have a very minor incident get disciplined harshly and wake up and take note of what he has in front of him, because he is very talented so I can see some good come out of him if he takes note on how Wilfork, Jones and Mayo conduct themselves.
    I watched a lot of tape of him back when. He's smart and adaptive. He's got good moves, but he can't move his feet and center of gravity fast enough to be really elusive. Probably a rotation run stopping DE in a 3-4 or a rotation DT w/ decent move the pocket skills in a 4-3 at best over the next couple of years.

    If so, not bad for "free".
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

    Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Super. View Post
    Giants fans were saying he was outpreforming some of the vets on the team, strange that he was cut. Locker room issues maybe?
    From what I read Giants fans think their GM just didn't want to cut higher draft picks over the past couple years on the Dline in favor of Quarles.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Greer, SC
    Posts
    3,213
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    I watched a lot of tape of him back when. He's smart and adaptive. He's got good moves, but he can't move his feet and center of gravity fast enough to be really elusive. Probably a rotation run stopping DE in a 3-4 or a rotation DT w/ decent move the pocket skills in a 4-3 at best over the next couple of years.

    If so, not bad for "free".
    This is a solid breakdown of him, we'll see now if he is really did grade out as a mid round pick like many had or if he took advantage of Clowney.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •